need help with Google organic?

Beeks

Name
J.R.
today searched my organic listing and finally hit the first page with the last keyword i have been pushing. That makes the top 6 keywords in my city i am on first page for.

So before my head gets too big and i try and open a seo company or someone brings me down to earth with how i won't last there, i figured i'd offer to help if anyone had some question to get over the hump with their organic listing. Feel free to shoot me pm, ask here on the thread or give me a call.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It you are targeting Orlando. Your listing seems to be buried. You might want to clean your history.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
love people like you! i said the TOP 6 keywords for my city, and if i wasn't clear i was talking about carpet cleaning....i guess i should come to expect replies like these from you, keep trying to shoot it down though, that's deff you!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I like you JR so this is constructive criticism...

Orlando carpet cleaning is pretty weak search, nobody is even trying for it, should be focused on carpet cleaning and then that keyword usually comes along for the ride anyway.
99% of your backlinks are from sfs/*** which are borderline useless {the sfs ones are completely useless}, the others come from a couple crappy carpet cleaner sites.

Also only have 2 keywords simple domain and "orlando carpet cleaning", you only want 1:5- 1:4 to be exact phrase match now. Need to diversify your links more to words that come naturally from wherever you are receiving it from, so words like carpet, cleaning, pets, vacuum, or phrases. Dont jam in "orlando carpet cleaning" if it doesnt fit naturally or only do it once in a great while.
Better off with 100 different words then 100 of same phrase repeated.

Most of what you are doing is old news and not very effective anymore imo.

Paid links is what these google updates are going after so be careful, should continue all summer.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
I like you JR so this is constructive criticism...

Orlando carpet cleaning is pretty weak search, nobody is even trying for it, should be focused on carpet cleaning and then that keyword usually comes along for the ride anyway.
99% of your backlinks are from sfs/*** which are borderline useless {the sfs ones are completely useless}, the others come from a couple crappy carpet cleaner sites.

Also only have 2 keywords simple domain and "orlando carpet cleaning", you only want 1:5- 1:4 to be exact phrase match now. Need to diversify your links more to words that come naturally from wherever you are receiving it from, so words like carpet, cleaning, pets, vacuum, or phrases. Dont jam in "orlando carpet cleaning" if it doesnt fit naturally or only do it once in a great while.
Better off with 100 different words then 100 of same phrase repeated.

Most of what you are doing is old news and not very effective anymore imo.

Paid links is what these google updates are going after so be careful, should continue all summer.

i love constructive criticism so i thank you for your input....though i can't understand how you say orlando carpet cleaning isn't getting searched for, as it is the top "carpet cleaning" term in my city, unless i am not understanding something correctly. if i just typed in carpet cleaning i would get a variety of place across US....on top of that I must be doing something right as im on first page for top 6 keywords in my city. I dont want to be blind to something though, please elaborate some more for me how what i am doing is old news? I learned all of this stuff preparing for the penguin 2.0 release, and i increased rank over this week as it has been released.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
I found it at the bottom, below the fold of Carpet Cleaning Orlando. But, I couldn't find it under Carpet Cleaning Orlando Fl (Or Florida) Upholstery Cleaning Orlando FL ( or Florida ) or Duct cleaning Fl ( or Florida ) Might want to check out: http://carpetcleaningwebsites.net/video-seo-for-carpet-cleaners-part-1-how-to-find-keywords/
Thanks for editing and adding on the helpful website link i do appreciate that!

I have used it many times(google keywords tool) and it confirms what i have been saying about my keywords. I have hit dead on for the top searched keywords for my city for carpet cleaning.

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Far as I know usually the top searches are Carpet Cleaning (Or whatever service. Like Upholstery Cleaning, Duct cleaning etc...) and name of town and the variations with State or State abbreviation. In My area it is : carpet cleaning lincoln ne, carpet cleaning lincoln, carpet cleaning lincoln nebraska, lincoln ne carpet cleaning. But, what do I know. I do know I rank well in these terms.(& better if you use upholstery)

Reactions: Beeks

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
though i can't understand how you say orlando carpet cleaning isn't getting searched for

He's not saying carpet cleaning orlando isn't being searched for, he is saying "carpet cleaning" from people in orlando is more common. Showing up for just "carpet cleaning" is more difficult.

The internet(search engines) know you are in orlando, clients really don't have to type in orlando to find a cleaner in orlando.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Keep in mind that google's keyword tools numbers are often very inflated. There is software out there that can give you more accurate info to finding out how popular a keyword phrase is. And as Jerry stated, I would look to try ranking better locally than with searches with city/states in them. I'm finding more people aren't including the city and state in their searches and only "carpet cleaners" "carpet cleaning" "professional carpet cleaners" "furniture cleaners" "sofa cleaners" ect ect.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Buffalo carpet cleaning and carpet cleaning buffalo is the exact same number, buffalo ny carpet cleaning and carpet cleaning buffalo ny again the same exact number.
This stuff can be confusing at times, i know!

Agree with hoody, when you punch in carpet cleaning in google the search box pops up underneath with suggestions of where they think you live. Some people just hit enter and never click on the suggestions with city name.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Buffalo carpet cleaning and carpet cleaning buffalo is the exact same number, buffalo ny carpet cleaning and carpet cleaning buffalo ny again the same exact number.
This stuff can be confusing at times, i know!

Agree with hoody, when you punch in carpet cleaning in google the search box pops up underneath with suggestions of where they think you live. Some people just hit enter and never click on the suggestions with city name.

It thought the same thing Shane, carpet cleaning orlando, orlando carpet cleaning both had same for me to, then i went to Dave's link and if you go to google adword keyword tool and click the box the the left that says "exact" it will show you different numbers, try it out!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
my SEO guy is working mostly on:

carpet cleaning rochester ny
&
carpet cleaner rochester ny

are y'all saying he should just be working on carpet cleaner & carpet cleaning ... without the city/state?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
looking at the Google keyword tool, how many of the 200 or less hits that keywords get in small towns are almost all from CC'ers checking their rankings...gotta happen all the time.

Reactions: Royal Man

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
my SEO guy is working mostly on:

carpet cleaning rochester ny
&
carpet cleaner rochester ny

are y'all saying he should just be working on carpet cleaner & carpet cleaning ... without the city/state?

Doesnt hurt to do both...even though to achieve both, your SEO efforts are essentially the same...

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk 2

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
:redface: Forgot to clock in, always clock out after using something....

JR that must be the 390 carpet cleaners in your area searching orlando carpet cleaning every month, in my area it is less then 10% .
Weird but i would still focus on carpet cleaning first.

Back
Top Bottom