Need Help with office BID

Andy12

Name
Andy
I have my first office cleaning bid. I have not seen the office but the client told me it’s about 5 restroom
Break area about 20 x20 hall way 3 x 40.

What is the best way to figure out a good rate? Per hour or per sq. ft.
Thanks for all your help and time.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes figure what you want and hour then divide that total by your sq/ft.

520 sq/ft, should take an hour give or take. What do you want to make an hour?

$150.00 hr/520 = $0.28 sq/ft
$125.00 hr/520 =$0.24 sqft
$100.00 hr/520 = $0.19 sqft
$85.00 hr/520 =$0.16 sq/ft

steve_64

im going to bid on one tomorrow. one of the first things i asked is why is it being cleaned? they had a roof leak and now they have water marks. im going to push bonnet cleaning with releasit. not sure the size or other conditions yet though. its probably an insurance job too so i will try to find out what price they are shooting for after i give them my estimate and references.

im never sure how to price a job until i see it when it comes to commercial and a lot of them seem to want to dicker on price. i do measure with a laser tape measure and then i check numbers like doc mentioned. try and see what i can squeeze out of them.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree Steve we are never set on price, even for the same client.

It depends on a lot of factors, soil load, how much or how little sq/ft, distance or setup time, and the time of day we are cleaning.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I love when that happens. We cleaned 800 sq/ft at a building last night and they called this morning wanting to know how much to clean the rest of the 30,000sq/ft building. :icon_cool:

Andy12

Name
Andy
Sorry the attachment is not working. But there is 4,632 sq ft of office and break room.

And 822 sq. ft. restroom.

Andy12

Name
Andy
There is a total of 10 restrooms 6 just have 1 toilet and 4 have 3.
The break area is 1,776 sq ft has 4 microwave.
The office looks quick and easy just normal dust sweep and trash removal.
The conference rooms jus vacuum a wipe tables if dirty.
There biggest pick is the restrooms need to be cleaned good.
I think it could be done from 3 to 4 hours?

Thanks

John Olson

Name
John Olson
how many FIXTURES in each restroom. Figure 2.5 Minutes per fixture. What sort of vacuum are you using> Upright figure 3500 sq ft an hour 10000 for a back pack. as for light duty cleaing figure 2500 per hour so your close at 4 hours but id go 4.5 per day if it is 5 days a week

steve_64

the one i looked at was about 6500sq roughly. i deducted 20% for furniture and stuff that wont get moved. going to either bonnet or scrub and run i will decide on the job. figure about 3 to 4 hours tops. $520 was my bid. she found me online. she seemed to like the price. carpet is one year old just had some water stains from a roof leak and a few spots here and there. it may only take two hours to be honest if i scrub and run. ill probably do some of both though.

Andy12

Name
Andy
Thansk you John

I think the office and the confrence rooms would not be bad.
It the restroom and the break area im consern.

They are chaning the janitorial services due to not cleaning the bathrooms properly.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Thansk you John

I think the office and the confrence rooms would not be bad.
It the restroom and the break area im consern.

They are chaning the janitorial services due to not cleaning the bathrooms properly.
That will do it every time. Forget paper in the women's restroom that the executive secretary uses will also get you booted immediatly.

Name
Danny Strickland
go get you some Spartan NABC for the daily cleaning, they will rave about the smell. Hit it with Consume first if it's a grouted floor, that will take out any urine smell the old company didn't get out,

hit Fred Boyle with a PM (currently on vacation) he's been a successfull toilet scrubber for many years, he knows what he's talking about!!!

Reactions: dealtimeman

Andy12

Name
Andy
go get you some Spartan NABC for the daily cleaning, they will rave about the smell. Hit it with Consume first if it's a grouted floor, that will take out any urine smell the old company didn't get out,

hit Fred Boyle with a PM (currently on vacation) he's been a successfull toilet scrubber for many years, he knows what he's talking about!!!

Thank you for the great tips.I will try to PM Fred

Andy12

Name
Andy

Yes the floor are Groute

Buck1955

Name
John
I've gotten to the point I just ask them why the are looking, and what they paid before. Do a small demo in a bad area for them to prove your worth. On commercial I like to use both a 175 and HWE and then bonnet. Most wont do that.

steve_64

I've gotten to the point I just ask them why the are looking, and what they paid before. Do a small demo in a bad area for them to prove your worth. On commercial I like to use both a 175 and HWE and then bonnet. Most wont do that.

most customers wont pay enough for all that.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
20 fixtures an hour is average but it depends how spread out they are also.

Not in touch with charlotte pricing anymore but i would figure 3 hours x $16-$18 hour range Day.
The franchises might do it for $14 hr

John Olson

Name
John Olson
http://www.bscai.org/

Before anyone else offers their opinion go there and order the proposal and rate guides from the market place. Commercial is what I did for most of my life so I think I just might know a thing or two but don't trust me go get those books and listen to the pro's every real company uses those guides and belongs to BSCAI

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

There is your home run! Nabc will make them happy every time, I don't know what consume is but we use a product called happy. And that is exactly what it makes the customer- happy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom