need help with stain under computer desk mat....

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Here in AZ houses are built with cement slab foundations. Customer put a plastic desk mat down on top of carpet which over time created moisture. Carpet now has about a 2 foot by 2 foot stain which is reddish brown. I've cleaned and rinsed very thuroughly and applied stain magic. The stain has lightened up but still very noticable. Any ideas on something that may help with this?

I've seen this many times and never had much luck. This one is worse than most.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
New carpet will fix them right up. Curt- You act like carpet on a slab is an oddity.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I don’t understand how a carpet mat creates moisture.
I have seen mold/mildew stains because a customer put the mat back before the carpet was dry.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Concrete is always releasing moister.....and those plastic chair mats do not let it breath and trap it....I have picked some up and it looks like someone poured a pitcher of red kool aid on the floor....or when you pick one up and get slapped with a mold or mildew smell......

Curt.....if you pay close attention to this you will find that this problem is in the homes with the " Post Tension " slabs.....I have yet to see this happen on the older style slabs...there is nothing that I have found that will remove the red that sometimes comes up with it....

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i see it here every now and then, straight 40 will lighten it but not remove it. tell them to drill some holes in it to let the moisture out.

gene

Back
Top Bottom