Need inline Temperature gauge ASAP

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

I've been out of re-building TM's for some time now. Anyway, I have been recently working on 2 Butlers, and I found that since I left the heat exchangers set for a couple of years, that mud-dobbers (are they everywhere or just in TN) got inside the tubing and they won't clean out with reg descaler. So I'm going to try hot alkaline solution first-then go back with descaler, and I want to watch my temperature at the exchangers.

Does anyone know if there is there a purpose for them that they would be sold locally?

Sincerely,
Dale

FredC

Village Idiot
I can't remember where I got it but I had a quick connect with a port on it. Think it was a pressure gaugebut could be easily swapped. Might be worth checking the home depot pressure washer section:

DSC00685640x480.jpg

or it would be easy enough to build one with a tee from the hardware store and a temp gauge from the auto store....similar to this:

199636_lg.jpg

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Does anyone know if there is there a purpose for them that they would be sold locally?

Dale:

I've got a new bi-metal thermometer, threaded at 1/2" instead of 1/4" which is therefore no use to use as wand gauges, but fine for what you're doing, (Grainger# 5DJG5), that I'll give to you. It's rated to 250 degrees, F. All you'll need is a Tee and whatever connections you'll use, which I know you can figure out and probably have in a junk box somewhere.

PM me your address and it'll be at your place Tuesday.

Duane

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom