Need Item, Olsen

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
John,
Tell me what you got for this. Looking for water fill value with gizmos's that will allow a semi-permanent hook up for water fill hose that I can connect to top of tank near fill opening and run small hose to side of truck and not have to do this pain in the butt fill everytime. Just one of the many "small" things I didn't set up correctly when doing this install.

photo-61.jpg

Last edited:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
And no Marty it's not that I'm to lazy! It's just when I set my timer to guess fill time and miss estimate or forget or am not in the room when it goes off I don't like the occassional overfill even though I need the floor cleaned I don't want it like that.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Depends on what you want to spend.There are cheap and there are good floats but not cheap and good :) Call the office and i'll have you talk to TW and he will walk you through what you need and how to install it

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Right on Olson !!

Call like he says... Helped us out when no other company would!!!

I got my list you turds........

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Got it OLSON! I knew that didn't realize I did it till later on

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
John Olsen...Adam Hall........

we know who you are talking about.........

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The problem you'll find is that the sloshing around will screw with your float system and sometimes knock it out of whack.

I'd still install it but I'd also put a garden size overflow so if the float system fails, it won't soak your truck, just spill out onto the drive.

Scott Rogers

The problem you'll find is that the sloshing around will screw with your float system and sometimes knock it out of whack.

I'd still install it but I'd also put a garden size overflow so if the float system fails, it won't soak your truck, just spill out onto the drive.

I agree with Richard. I have yet to get more then a few months out of any float valve before they fail.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL what are you doing filling your tank when its that cold? I'd keep the nut tightened on the float valve, maybe a little loctite. The over flow hole should be drilled high, so it only overflows should the float not shut off.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If you want to get parts local. You can get a float shut off from Graingers. I put one on the top and I think I had to hang it upside down.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom