Need Owner Input.....SS TM's.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I'm looking at and considering an SS570 TM slide in. Let's just say I found a nice one. But in light of the problems described in a previous thread concerning the SS454 with the Briggs engine, it's a little troublesome to read that more than a few problems have been reported. Now the SS570 uses the Kabuta 3-cyl, 31 HP engine, but I haven't heard any reports on that engine for reliability. So....

....how many SS570 users are here on this board, and would you share your pro's and con's?? After nursing my Genesis for 8 years, I want a machine that I can start, spray and suck without having to keep a constant eye on it (other than the required maintanence and upkeep). I've been through the PC period where I had to disable most of the sensors to keep it running. Like Lee says, get rid of the sensors and just keep an eye on your temps and pressures. The Steamway equipment (PMatic and the MasterMatic)) was probably the simplest to run and maintain. The Genesis 59 was fine for the first few years, but as it aged, it became a PITA sometimes with the heating and APO systems.

This SS570 will probably be my last TM because of my age. I want to retire completely some day!

For the person I'm buying this from, I'm NOT diss-ing.......you know I'm just doing my "due diligence" by getting some opinions here. I trust you to the fullest, but would like some other "in the field" input.

S

sam miller

My distributor said he had a problem with one 454 and over heating issues but no problems with the ss570 water cooled engine he loves selling the 370 and the 570.

I havent asked him about the 870's yet! Good luck I think if You pull the trigger You will be happy.

Jerry

Supportive Member
No problems with my 454, 1050 hrs so far, the Briggs run strong....

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i have a friend with the 454. he has had no problems yet except the lexan on the filter box cracking. they fixed that problem. i know he has over 800 hrs but not sure how many.

gene

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
We don't have the one you asked about - I would imagine it's pretty awesome.

I have the 370, it does everything we need very well.

C

cucu

i have an early 370 and ss where very good on support while working out the bugs, and i have a great distributor who always kept me going

so i guess if you do have any bugs in it ,SS will stand behind the unit and get it sorted

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Re: Re: Need Owner Input.....SS TM's.

rwcarpet said:
juniorc82 said:
I would get a judson c4 if I had money for a new truckmount.

I like the Judson, but he's 10-15 hours from me. And I want to stick with HX machines.
Well.... Oviously hx machines are not working out for u. So.....

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
rwcarpet said:
I like the Judson, but he's 10-15 hours from me.

Really, you guys just don't appreciate how lucky you are to be so close to a reliable distributor.

Driving to legal limits, my closest for SS, is a day & a half drive south, about 1,100 miles.

HydraMaster and Prochem another hour & a half.

Steamway, another day further down the track.

:cry:

Walt

Les is 3000 miles from me. Its ridiculous how easy it is to work on. By the way it's built, it's probably my last TM.

But seriously, what ever machine you get, make sure its been out for a while. Having a prototype is not cool unless youre not busy.

John Watson

I can only speak tothe engine, The 3 cyl water cooled Kabota is a great power source. Pro Chem used them in their Bruin II's.. The reason I heard they stopped using an engine that worked great was the cost of it. I can vouch they run forever, Sorry Jay, When swapping machine to a new van, It had run like a clock for 4 yrs, I had preferred service the machine, Joe Dynes called me and said "I had a problem" He asked when the last time I changed the oil on the unit? I told him that when it was new, I changed it the first couple of required times showing my son Jay how to on that machine since it was his unit for him to keep up. Evedently he didnt. the proof is what Prefered tried to drain out of the crankcase. (Last I know Joe still had a quart jar of the molasses that came out of the drain plug)

Please understand, I ran this machine before it went to Seattle and it appeared to run and sound perfect.

We aggreed the only action was to flush the system and pray. By the way Jay was Number 1 on my number 2 list!!!!
When we got the machine back in its new van it looked and sounded like new. It just smoked a little bit. Like Hell, It looked like we were running a hot fogger out the side of the van.

We ended up having the Kabota rep in Seattle rebuild the motor lower end. (rings and bearings.) and we had a like new motor. The Kabota people said it was actuly better than a new unit.

eziway

Name
will moase
happy with the 454 ....had some overheating issues early on ,turned out to be a faulty float in the water box. Sapphire has been excellent to deal with. If the 570 had been out when we bought the 454 ,would have probably went with the 570. The 570 's engine is much quieter and smoother......

PCCN

I have a Kubota 3 syl. in my TM and was told prior to buying it that the engine was a workhorse with minimal problems. Have found that to be true. The only issues I have had are leaking radiator (which it is a Turkish made radiator). No fault of Kubota, just wish ProChem would use more local parts when they make these things.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

joeynbgky said:
rwcarpet said:
juniorc82 said:
I would get a judson c4 if I had money for a new truckmount.

I like the Judson, but he's 10-15 hours from me. And I want to stick with HX machines.
Well.... Oviously hx machines are not working out for u. So.....

Joey, I ain't bitchin' about the HX's. I've had a good run with them with Prochem and Powerclean. There's always going to be glitches in the system. I don't think anybody has developed the perfect, 100% reliable diverter system yet. When the Genesis diverter system is running well, it's kick arse! But when it decides to get lazt for the day, it a big PITA!

I like Judsons TM's, but I don't really want to get into dual fuels or all propane.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I understand.. About duel fuels.. But you have to admit.... Its much more reliable. Whole machine and heating system

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
joeynbgky said:
I understand.. About duel fuels.. But you have to admit.... Its much more reliable. Whole machine and heating system

Joey....after 35 years in the cleaning business.....I just want to start the TM and clean! Put in the gas and drive.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

rwcarpet said:
joeynbgky said:

Joey....after 35 years in the cleaning business.....I just want to start the TM and clean! Put in the gas and drive.
Well after 35 years........ that's not possible your machine is way to advanced. To add gas and go.. that's why u need one that's not... I understand because of your age its hard to work new complicated things. But....... it happens when you get older. Maybe your simply forgetting to hit one of the 20 buttons old timer!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

joeynbgky said:
rwcarpet said:
joeynbgky said:

Well after 35 years........ that's not possible your machine is way to advanced. To add gas and go.. that's why u need one that's not... I understand because of your age its hard to work new complicated things. But....... it happens when you get older. Maybe your simply forgetting to hit one of the 20 buttons old timer!

Nah, Joey....maybe cause I'm older I want to get away from from the hassles of TM problems. I've gone many months-years without problems. Then you get a spurt of them. I've had the Genesis tore pretty well apart a few times. I like wrenchin' on 'em, but not if your down and losing work.

I guess in my case, a Butler-type machine is probably what I need.

Judson's do look better every day!

Name
Lee Stockwell
5 years and knows everything. :-)

I can' count the number of vans burned to a crisp...and not many of them HX.

HX is VERY reliable in capable hands. (As is propane). However when hx problems happen they usually aren't tragic.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
RW,

I ran a 370 hard for a few weeks cleaning apartments. 250-300ft set ups. 100' of 2.5 to start, and we were running ahead spraying the next unit while the other cleaned, we had 250-350 ft of solution hose, pressure didn't drop too bad(although for our purpose any pressure drop was good for the hydroforce), plenty of heat, and plenty of suck - good dry times.

Only complaint, we were running out of a trailer with no on-board water. When we hooked up to outside commercial water supplies the pressure was too strong and caused the float in the water box to malfunction. A simple RV pressure regulator on it, and its fixed. I haven't seen a 370 up close for a while but from what I understand they were going to put one on. If not make sure you do to rid yourself of that head ache. Other than figuring that out, it ran well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom