Need some feedback for MarketingZoo

JeffCross

Name
Jeff Cross
Hi, everyone.

I would love some feedback on a new project I'm working on with Gary Arndts... it's called MarketingZoo. It's a content generating service for $99 a month, and provides cleaners and restorers with articles, videos, blog posts, infographics and stuff like that for their websites and social sites.

Here's an ad I sent out. It's in a web browser but from there you can get to the MarketingZoo site:

Pipe Bomb infographic (for MarketingZoo members)

I know one concern will be duplicate content. We've got that covered by making each posting/article/video unique for subscribers.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Think its a great idea!

God knows we need better content.
Guess it depends how much content we receive for the $99 ?

Concept is definitely a winner, IMO.

JeffCross

Name
Jeff Cross
Thanks. This is content for customers, something Mr or Mrs Piffleton would see... so don't judge our stuff from a pro's eyes!

Reactions: GCCLee

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like it, I especially like the infographic. Nice work, do you have anymore I can copy...I mean look at. :icon_redface:

I'll send the link to my brother and see what he can steal...I mean what he thinks.

I really like it! :headbang:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

It is very timely we were just taking about making infographics for Mold, Water and IAQ a few days ago. I sent one Ivan Turner had on his site to Dan and he sent me back a bunch his wife (a school teacher) suggested we think about. She sent it last year.....I evidently wasn't paying any attention. :redface:

I sent it to Dan, lets see what he thinks.

JeffCross

Name
Jeff Cross
Hi, David. Let me take a look and get back to you. It looks like, at first glance, they do a bunch of stuff for you like other SEO companies (at least those that claim). What the MZ tool is for is simply giving you content, which does a lot of the SEO stuff anyway. I wonder what www.ontoplocal.com charges?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
On top doesn't provide the content just a blog format, from 2004 ....

YOU still have to create the content.
My understanding is jeff provides the content.

JeffCross

Name
Jeff Cross
That company looks pretty nice. Hey, my motto is, if it works, use it... it's all about getting customers and jobs that pay, giving you a profit.

One difference is that ontop is built around Wordpress. Apparently you have to use it. Looks like they have a $3000 setup fee plus a $500 a month fee. Looks like you have to get your own content? I don't see where they offer videos or informatics, which today are a must. Anyone here using it? MarketingZoo is about giving you content, at $99 a month, where MZ can push the content out to your sites or you can receive it each month and push it out yourself. No setup fee.

Something else with MZ is you can get graphics and coupons and even all the stuff to build your own website.

It's really cool. It's there if you need it, anytime.

JeffCross

Name
Jeff Cross
I imagine. It's just good stuff, guys. The infographics can have alt tags for your company. The headers and contact info is for you. Thing is, you give your customers good stuff to see and the search engines like it, too. More to come...

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I would add the main benefit to something like this {or doing it yourself) is creating a library on your blog.

Now you have a legitimate reason to email people. Most will put you in the spam folder if you just keep sending them promotions.
Same thing with your social media sites...

If we don't want "price shoppers" all the time then we have to stop stimulating people with $$ all the time.
Unless that IS your business model of course.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I saw the pipe bomb deal
Come across and it really caught my attention.

Keep up the Great Work Jeff : )

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Jeff I have been using it for the past year and my internet sales increased by about 30%. When I signed up it was $199 set up fee and $99 a month. What I don't like is that I have to find all the video and article content. After a year it becomes hard to find new stuff and I don't post as much and my sales from the internet have dropped. I like that you provide content.

It looks like you use weekly for a web site. I already have one through them so could I use it to incorporate your program?

JeffCross

Name
Jeff Cross
Hi, David.

Yes, we use Weebly but it doesn't matter which website platform you use. You can have the content automatically pushed to all your social sites and you can use it as you wish on your website and any other advertising. The infographics are great to use in a digital newsletter.

Or, you can sign up and just have the content sent you as it is created and you can post it anywhere you wish...

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Jeff I have been using it for the past year and my internet sales increased by about 30%. When I signed up it was $199 set up fee and $99 a month. What I don't like is that I have to find all the video and article content. After a year it becomes hard to find new stuff and I don't post as much and my sales from the internet have dropped. I like that you provide content.

It looks like you use weekly for a web site. I already have one through them so could I use it to incorporate your program?

Really don't need on top for that, any website that blogs every couple days should do well.

Definitely agree about running out of things to write about.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
The Ontoplocal also sends out any blog, video, and article that I post on the web site to all social media platforms. I will look into your program Jeff I like the idea of the content being done for you.

JeffCross

Name
Jeff Cross
Right now, three solid pieces for cleaning and three for restoration, six total for the full package. If you just want to do cleaning, then three total. It's cheaper, too, if you just do cleaning.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Ontoplocal had me posting 1 video and 1 article per day 5 days a week. They said in order to get ranked high on Google you needed to post a lot. Was that not true? Do you recommend we add more postings than the 3 or 6 that you give?

JeffCross

Name
Jeff Cross
I don't think you need to go crazy. If you have Marketing Zoo do both cleaning and restoration for you, that's at least 6 major posts a month. Not just comments, but videos, articles and infographics, plus you get the blog which is SEO friendly. On top of that, you should definitely do some of your own stuff, like you probably are already doing. You just won't have to do the hard stuff, since MZ handles that.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Nice content for Mrs. Finkelgroover to see, the infographic design looks great but...

If we all have the same content on our sites does that not provoke a spanking from His Majesty Lord google?

It is my understanding that even though google bots cannot see a picture, they take note of the volume of information contained within the picture for duplicate information rank rating?

Will posting this type of non unique content help or harm SEO efforts?

JeffCross

Name
Jeff Cross
We've researched the issue, won't hurt at all. Think of all those franchises out there with duplicate content. ALL of them. Does it hurt them? ServPro, ServiceMaster, Stanley Steemer, Starbucks, Subway, etc etc.

And we are going to mix it up anyway, so not everyone will have the same content all the time.

Headers, links, etc all unique to photos and infographics.

I use my Cleanfax articles all the time on my own blogs. I get good search results from Google.

I really think Google is afraid of all this! What can they do? If they said "NO DUPLICATE CONTENT" then there is a huge problem in the world.

Name
Ron lippold
My main sight got bitch slapped by google for using on top local. Got rid of them and bam back on page one.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I was told they use outdated technology, not sure if it's true or not.

People rank through brute force of 2 blogs a day and being in small-mid size areas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom