Need some help please

mark4817

I recently did a job at an office building. They had beige carpeting. Did it the year before an all was fine.
This year, the cleaning lady tried to rub out some stains with resolve but did not extract the product.
No one told me she did this till later. When I went back to see the damage, there were red spots in quite a few spots.
I've never seen this before, can anyone help me? I was told a waterclaw would help.

Thank you in advance!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
probably not Resolve, cause it's nothing but detergent and water

did you notice the red spots while cleaning??

do you know what type fiber the carpet is made of?

..l.T.A.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Possibly fiber burn, what products did you use? Most likely if acid was used go back with some ammonia or other high ph mist some on and it will reverse it. It's bad when those type of things happen, even though you probably didn't do anything to cause it it's your problem.

mark4817

I did not notice any red stains before I began to wash or after.
I did that contract the year before the same way. The only difference was the cleaning lady said she used resolve to try and take out the stains early, but did not extract.
I used traffic lane remover and rinsed it after.
I checked everything before leaving and everything seemed good.
I went back and treated it with Proxi, nothing happened.
Thanks for your responses!

dday

Did you try a red stain removal? It is possible that the cleaning lay was drinking a red Powerade as she was moving her cleaning cart. In other words, is it possible that these stains are the result of careless dribbling post-cleaning, and not the result of anything you did?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ruff Hewn said:
probably not Resolve, cause it's nothing but detergent and water
..l.T.A.
I've seen lots of red spots on beige nylon carpet done by Resolve.
Now, of course you never know exactly what happened and what the client really do. However Resolve and Folex seem to do just the described damage. And it is not a red dye that can be usually removed with an oxidizer or reducer, it seems more like dye damage.

Could it have damaged the yellow and blue primary colors making the red more visible?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ofer is CORRECT..... hey now

Something in RESOLVE...Disrupts the dye blockers... mam, thats for the basic steam clean only..
We see this damage OFTEN....It is PERMANENT.... -sniff

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
We see Resolve bleaching alot. It is usually removes one or more colors in the carpet and leaves a light red or light green spot.

S

sam miller

The true test would be to take a little resolve and try to repeat process in an inconspicous area! Second just cause

she said it was resolve doesnt mean it was!

Is it comercial glue down? is it nylon? I would call CTI or check thier website or ask larry cobb try some stain magic.

Maybe if its pigment loss re adding color may correct the problem.

What if the stains were there appeared after cleaning because of a wick? Then trying red relief couldnt hurt try a

small spot. at least Your reducing the possiblities.

Then tell them not to let non carpet cleaners spot the carpet.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Resolve has a tendancy to bleach or leave a light green color so it could be permanently stained as for the red stuff...i had a situation recently where we had "red spots" all over the place...sprayed Urine Stain Remover, which is a mild version of stain magic and the spots came back, sodium metabisulfate which is Browning remover, removed it

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Ofer Kolton said:
Whatever it is, I wish someone would sue them.
Kind of surprised, nobody did so far.

"test on an inconspicuous area before using" seems to cover their liability - or does it?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It does, I guess.
But where is the justice? I've seen Jimmy naked
Or is it coming their way the next life time? mam, thats for the basic steam clean only..

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I have also seen Resolve leave stains that looked like bleaching, mostly orange or green. Usually this was not corrected by cleaning. It required spot dye.

But there are a few things you should try. Test each on a small area to see if it gives positive results.
1) Test the pH. Either mist with an acid product or some regular ammonia (not lemon scented, not sudsy) depending upon which way you need to move the pH.
2) Try a reducer - Bridgepoint's Coffee Stain Remover, about an once to a gallon of hot water would be my choice.
3) Try an oxidizer - StainZONE or Stain Magic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom