Need Truckmount Advice!

Shane-0

Been a long time lurker, and thought to myself it’s time to get involved. So to start off I have been cleaning carpet all my life, coming up on my 25th year in business in 2021. Long story short, I need to spend some money before the end of the year and want a new truckmount. The problem I face is I live in California for one, so I am limited on which Truckmount’s are available to me. The other problem ahead of me is I’ve owned only diesel fired heaters my entire career. I would like to transition to a Heat exchange unit, but don’t know what direction to take. I don’t want to get too small of unit, or too big of unit. I do mostly residential but I do have a few commercial accounts where I have to run 300 to 400 feet of hose. In your guys experience what Truckmount would you suggest I get that is going to give me consistent heat and not lose too much on long hose runs.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Been a long time lurker, and thought to myself it’s time to get involved. So to start off I have been cleaning carpet all my life, coming up on my 25th year in business in 2021. Long story short, I need to spend some money before the end of the year and want a new truckmount. The problem I face is I live in California for one, so I am limited on which Truckmount’s are available to me. The other problem ahead of me is I’ve owned only diesel fired heaters my entire career. I would like to transition to a Heat exchange unit, but don’t know what direction to take. I don’t want to get too small of unit, or too big of unit. I do mostly residential but I do have a few commercial accounts where I have to run 300 to 400 feet of hose. In your guexperience what Truckmount would you suggest I get that is going to give me consistent heat and not lose too much on long hose runs.
Sapphire 570 would be a good place to start. Anything smaller isn't going to run 300-400 feet of hose

Shane-0

I don’t believe the 570 is available in the grand ol state of California. Peak 500 is. Thoughts?

Shane-0

I know I’m cutting it close for sure. Over whelmed with research on all the different units. Was hoping to get some good feedback on real world users in similar working conditions first. I’m sure I can narrow it down and put a deposit down and get the ball rolling to get the write off for this year.

Shane-0

Yes slide in. Any problems bringing in a out of state unit? In all my years I’ve never heard of anyone having an inspection, but it is California!!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
400ft hose run
What size blower is in your current TM?
and what RPM and HG does it run ?

if it's sufficient, that's where your "what size" TM should start

heat.. not too many HX units can compare to fuel burners.
to get honest sustainable 230-240 , you're looking at big engine/big money/big TMs

..L.T.A.

Shane-0

45 blower now powered by a 20 horse Kohler. Does ok, but definitely takes some extra dry strokes and fans. We take off hoses an we work our way out the door. Believe it or not never been a super heat person, usually set the thermostat at 200, but it’s a constant 200. With the chemicals today I don’t think 230-240 is needed. We do these runs maybe 5-10 times per year not everyday. As long as I’ve been in this business I’ve only run Steamway units and have never even looked at heat exchange units, so I don’t know too much about them..Just don’t want to regret what I end up with.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Shane-0

I have 5-6 repair/service facilities in a 40 mile radius. I’m 30 miles east of Los Angeles.

Reactions: hogjowl

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The alternative is a Butler, Cleanco, Hydramaster pto unit. All of them have max vacuum/heat units available. 47 blowers that will run 400 feet no problem. I just purchased an 18 year old Cleanco and can't believe the difference from my 45 blower. My shoulder is about to fall off.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
45 blower now powered by a 20 horse Kohler.

MasterMatics?
I ran Powermatics for 20 years

I was heat freak in the early days.
day in and day out though, we ran 200-220.
It was nice to be able to crank it mega on the occasional poly-pit, and/or long runs to door in winter

what's your budget for a new slide-in?
$20k $25K $30K more?

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The only truckmount that’s too big is the steam action that needs a gigantic truck to haul it.

Anything else is not too big. That’s why I suggest nothing smaller than a 570, butler, or the new direct drive that Jondon sells.

I don’t like the peak500, just from looking at it from the outside. I’m not fond of 2cylinder V engines. And I don’t know how good it is at handling too much heat.

Too much power is better than not enough and since you’re on your 25th year, you should be able to afford an Everest and have a nice tax write off.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It kills me to hear a cleaner recommend a brand new rig with no track record to speak of.
On what experience are you basing your recommendation?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom