Negative moment of truth for Steve and the Jon Don boys

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Hey Steve,
Your boys at Jon Don keep sending those 20% discount emails. Great Ha?

However, when you open the email it's a discount for specific items, and without failure, not what I need.

What a loser moment of truth, Steve. I feel for you.

I thought they'd do what you've been preaching for years? And the zillion emails and the links on every post. Definitely not a positive moment of truth.

Here is the deal Steve: If you give a discount. Give a discount.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
If you raise the security setting in internet options, I'm sure you could get them sent to junk mail.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I've lost count of the number of ads I've seen from cleaners offering a discount, with a note at the bottom in small print, discount does not apply to carpet/fabric protection.

Supermarkets put out discount/specials on items, but not on every item in their store.

I have a supplier in Minneapolis that puts out fantastic discounts every month on certain items, but not on everything.

I don't see the email from Jon-Don as a negative moment of truth, just letting the cleaning & restoration industry know what they have discounted for this particular moment in time.

But, to each their own I guess.

I also realise that many will not post about this for fear of being ridiculed by some shiteatinggrin but I'm so old that as the other guy would say, IDGAF.

shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I don't get it either shorty~ every retailer offers discounts on certain items and occassionaly on most everything. We do it all the time.

Ken

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I bet there are plenty of people that use the discounted items and are happy to get the 20% off. I bet someday they will discount something you use too.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not a week passes without me getting an email from Steve about creating a positive moment of truth with clients.

Yet, every time I get the JonDon discount email, it says: 20% discount. Sounds good. I open.
Just 20% off on their selected items.
Sorry boys No positive moment of truth for me. Moi.
Just bad vibes.

So, the guru of PMT, needs to refine the message and practice the preaching.

No PMT = missed opportunity. The rest is just excuses. No mullah from me! :p

Steve should know what I'm talking about, he's been preaching it for ages.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Call JD....They might give the discount on what you need.

Great company to do business with and I've never had any problems with them.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ken Snow said:
I don't get it either shorty~ every retailer offers discounts on certain items and occassionaly on most everything. We do it all the time.

Ken
Uncle Kenny, as usual, you are missing the point :p

First, the fact that your company does it, does not mean that it is right.

Second as mentioned in post above. If the email says 20% off, without specifying exceptions, yet when you open, in small letters it does. That my friend, is not a positive moment of truth, quite the opposite.

It is just like all the small letters exceptions in promos (as may be the case with your company)- they leave a slightly bitter after taste.

And since Steve is the great guru of PMT, Jon Don should consider practicing it too. Just be consistent- do what you preach.

Brian,
I buy/bought from them- a fine company. No complaints.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Maybe they should put in the heading:

20% discount on certain items.

Then you can decide if you want to see what is on offer.

I'm glad i can get a laugh every time I come here. shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Did some of you ride the short bus to school?

Most retailers don't discount their hot seller but slower movers and when they do it's as a lost leader.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
dgargan said:
I don't think Steve sets up the ads for Jon don
Got that right, David! I'm sorta the Jon-Don "loose cannon". They never know what I'm up to and I seldom know what's up in Roselle! (I write Big Billy to find out what's going on.)

Ofer, I PERSONALLY feel maybe the ad could be clearer. I'll pass on your (and my) comments to the "powers that be". Thanks for letting me know ...

Steve "Loose Cannon" Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Actually, Ofer, funny story- I fell into the same trap you did a while back. Based on the email I thought everything at Jon-Don was 20% off and wrote a friend to use it on a RX-20. After trying the promo code he wasn't amused.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Hey Steve,
How about suggesting to Jon-Don they “Atone for their Sins” with a 10% discount for MB members. They already offer that discount to the major franchises.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Steve Toburen said:
dgargan said:
I don't think Steve sets up the ads for Jon don
Got that right, David! I'm sorta the Jon-Don "loose cannon". They never know what I'm up to and I seldom know what's up in Roselle! (I write Big Billy to find out what's going on.)

Ofer, I PERSONALLY feel maybe the ad could be clearer. I'll pass on your (and my) comments to the "powers that be". Thanks for letting me know ...

Steve "Loose Cannon" Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Actually, Ofer, funny story- I fell into the same trap you did a while back. Based on the email I thought everything at Jon-Don was 20% off and wrote a friend to use it on a RX-20. After trying the promo code he wasn't amused.

As always, Steve, good answer.
You do practice what you preach.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I always wonder if the gurus really know so much and are so good at telling us how to be filthy rich and successful. Why don't they go out and do it themselves instead of telling others how to.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Never heard a "guru" say they could make someone filthy rich and success is defined by the individual. Steve in my opinion is the epitome of the been there, done that, teacher.

F

FB7777

Totally agree with Ken

In fact I believe Steve knows the hardest part of running more than an O/Operator biz is dealing with people. He cashed out before it (or His wife) killed him.

I imagine there are a few goober gurus in this industry but Toburen ain't one of them

Back
Top Bottom