neutral cleanser vs neutralizer???

Name
eric schulz
i have been rinsing floors after stripping with neutral ckeanser (3m's 3a) before applying finish. its ph is around 7-8. i just stumbled across something called neutralizer, with a ph of 1- anything but neutral. anybody have any insight on this? it says its used for the same purpose. im confused by the wild difference of acidity.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
eric schulz
Have your floors been previously damaged by your use of a neutral “rinse”?
nope, i just saw the neutralizer in an ad and thought id ask the wizards of the board if they had anything to say about it. had to see if there was anything it could improve over a neutral cleanser or if it was just another product i could continue ignoring.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Neutral cleaner is for routine maintenance.

Neutralizer is for removing ice melt/salt residue and neutralizing alkaline residue from VCT tile stripper.

Lots of guys rinse with plain water, we always use neutralizer after a strip out for the final rinse mop step. It’s cheap enough and anything that can help prevent a redo is money well spent.

Name
eric schulz
ahhhh. ive used the stuff before then. just had a goofy name. appreciate the info. trying to get more technical smarts about things like chemistry aspect of the biz, the conceptual stuff, not just following directions on s box or jug. i suspect ill be jumping into the carpet ring soon. i know the chems do most of the work there. now's probably a good time to start learning

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom