New Butler Upholstery tool

Mikey P

Administrator
I guess they finally ran out of the cast Prochems...

Hopefully they used the same mold, from the Glide perspective

Reactions: SamIam

jeffexe

Name
jeff
I waited 6 months to replace my old butler upholstery tool with the new release. I think the new tool is slick but the price is a bit pretentious. Especially when compared to the sapphire upholstery tool for half the price. Granted, we are talking about two different style cleaning heads, but I converted mine to switch back and forth from butler head to sapphire head.

Mikey P

Administrator
I waited 6 months to replace my old butler upholstery tool with the new release. I think the new tool is slick but the price is a bit pretentious. Especially when compared to the sapphire upholstery tool for half the price. Granted, we are talking about two different style cleaning heads, but I converted mine to switch back and forth from butler head to sapphire head.
Can you plz post pics of it

Mikey P

Administrator
Well in other news, after our leaky flashing debacle two weeks ago and my little sissy electric stapler on top of a wet ladder in a rainstorm, I scored this today PXL_20230109_005508703.jpg

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I have been using PMF internal spray detailing tool for upholstery for most of my career. Started with Prochem tool and never liked the overspray since day one and stuck with PMF for 20 years now.

It is on my list to try something new that may be easier to train and let a tech use. I found PMF to be the best quality and the customer service is awesome. The only little glitch is that the one tool seems to just work better than the other 2. It just seems to have the perfect ratio of spray/suction. I dont have the bypass valve in any of them anymore, if i need too heat it up from no flow I just clean my hand for a minute. I messed aruound a little with some welding putty to seal up where the internal sprayer goes thru.

Whats your favorite?

Reactions: Rob Grady

Mikey P

Administrator
I have been using PMF internal spray detailing tool for upholstery for most of my career. Started with Prochem tool and never liked the overspray since day one and stuck with PMF for 20 years now.

It is on my list to try something new that may be easier to train and let a tech use. I found PMF to be the best quality and the customer service is awesome. The only little glitch is that the one tool seems to just work better than the other 2. It just seems to have the perfect ratio of spray/suction. I dont have the bypass valve in any of them anymore, if i need too heat it up from no flow I just clean my hand for a minute. I messed aruound a little with some welding putty to seal up where the internal sprayer goes thru.

Whats your favorite?
Sapphire

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Whats your favorite?
I also like the pmf internal jet tools. I find the 3.5 inch the best spray pattern. Great on vertical blinds. I am thinking of getting the Sapphire tool. I have the Rotovac shear dry and it's a pos in my opinion. I have used the Sapphire and properly adjusted, it gives a nice, low moisture clean. Comfortable to use.

jeffexe

Name
jeff
I also like the pmf internal jet tools. I find the 3.5 inch the best spray pattern. Great on vertical blinds. I am thinking of getting the Sapphire tool. I have the Rotovac shear dry and it's a pos in my opinion. I have used the Sapphire and properly adjusted, it gives a nice, low moisture clean. Comfortable to use.
I have an internal upholstery tool and the sapphire. There is basically nothing that you can not clean with those two pieces of equipment.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Comfortable to use.

that's where is shines like a diamond .
ergos are fanfckintastic

It a PITA though for small/tight rounds like the front of arms, piping and rounds of wingback chair wings, office chair arms, etc

and it doesn't clean trashed upl as well as the PMF internal jet
(2000+ trashed theater seats taught me that)

shudup Sutley!!!

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
that's where is shines like a diamond .
ergos are fanfckintastic

It a PITA though for small/tight rounds like the front of arms, piping and rounds of wingback chair wings, office chair arms, etc

and it doesn't clean trashed upl as well as the PMF internal jet
(2000+ trashed theater seats taught me that)

shudup Sutley!!!

..L.T.A.
For trashed upholstery, you're better off with a PMF external jet and turn the pressure down. The internal jets don't have enough flow which is great on fine fabrics but is slow on trashed stuff.

Reactions: Mike J and BIG WOOD

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
I like the prochem tool with 1 modification i installed a modified kleanrite bypass inside the vacuum hose to keep the solution hot. the standard bypass on the tool only bypasses while spraying, i use it to control flow and my bypass modification keeps solution temperature up when tool isn't spraying

200903_052703_34.jpeg 200903_052703_37.jpeg 200903_052703_36.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom