New Carpet Purchase

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
My buddy is building his new home. Whats the most affordable carpet he can have without killing his budget. He will be putting the carpet in three bedrooms upstairs. Steps going to the basement and all of the basement will havwe carpet.

Waldo

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I recently spoke to a local flooring supply guy. He says that Smartstrand is his most popular carpet right now. He sells more of it than all others put together. He said that everyone is real happy with it - price and performance. He did say that if he was putting carpet in his own house, he would pick nylon. Smartstrand just isn't proven to hold up yet.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
My buddy is building his new home. Whats the most affordable carpet he can have without killing his budget. He will be putting the carpet in three bedrooms upstairs. Steps going to the basement and all of the basement will havwe carpet.

Waldo

Outdoor indoor carpet would be the most affordable at 5.00 / yd. :icon_cool:
I would go with a berber if I were on a buget for around $10.00 / YD +PAD AND install that still less then half the price of smartstrand.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I wouldn't skimp on the carpet in a new home. Smartstrand or heavy weight nylon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Chris A

Name
Chris
I've had smartstrand in my house for 2 years and with 2 cats and a dog I'm real happy with it so far.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Waldo
Waldo tell him there things to scrimp on and things not to, this is one to figure a way to buy the best he can. In my first home I bought the best I could afford and it lasted forever in fact the wife wanted it changed out due to color. This time we bought a little less quality, it look just as good in the store but within 3-years look like crap. Money poorly spent, I should have bought better and it would have lasted longer. When we built our new home I again bought the best I could afford and so far it's done much better than time I tried to save a few dollars.

Tell him not to go cheap on windows either.....ask me how I now know. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom