New Consumer Review magazine rates carpet cleaning companies

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Well at least you were in the right room for it. Now that you've finihed reading it. You should be able to make excellent use of it wiping your assssssssh.:lol:

Becker

Name
Becker
It is tied to consumer reports. ( that's he rumor I've heard )

Only members can submit companies into the system, that causes the phone call from consumer checkbook.
Only members can review you.
Members can search online.
The information on your company is based on the interview from the phone call, going forward before a new magazine you will get another phone call, or form in the mail to fill out.
Puget Sound Consumers CHECKBOOK is well respected in this area.
I've been in it for over 5 years, I'm one of the top rated companies in it in this area, with like 45 reviews. Nelson is also very well rated.
My mag looks identical to yours on the cover.
This publication or the org is not at all tied to any other online review program like yelp, angies etc.

Brings in a good amount of work for me.

Here, me 98% with 42 reviews
Nelson, a perfect 100% with 12
DA burns 89% brovo with 395 reviews
coit 46% 137
stanley 77% with 23 and 69% with 118
Ernie 96% with 24

Chem drys and coit all bring up the bottom. Lowest 35%

14 cleaners with 100% but rates are all less than 30, most less than 20

It's a good thing for you Mikey.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Consumer check book has been around for at least 20 years. Nothing new about it.

Brings in some clients, mostly super detail oriented OCD type personalities, that do an exhaustive research. They usually have about thirty questions which is how you know where they got your name from, without even asking.

Got some decent clients though not too many. Be mentally prepare to answer lots of questions.

Billy

Name
BH
I dont see it as high really..

I think all companies should have been ranked by the same amount of calls.

I just noticed it looked like all 90s & above I wasn't listening to audio so maybe I missed something?

Becker

Name
Becker
I dont see it as high really..

I think all companies should have been ranked by the same amount of calls.

How can that be?

Having a higher number of reviews with still as high percent of satisfaction shoe the client you have been reviewed by many, not just a hand full. I researching anything I give more weight to a product or service with more reviews.

I've gotten many great clients of Consumers Check book. Yes some have a lot of questions and concerns. But I find, the jobs are slightly soiled, the client is ready and completely prepared. I also feel they are looking for a company to use over and over as they have the need rather than try a new company, unless they were not happy.

Consumers check book does not sell advertising, they don't offered deals of the day, or sell anything to the business for better ranking. IMO it is the best online / book review service there is. Look at all the bogus crap going on with Yelp, angieslist, each call me weekly looking to sell me something to get me more business, never mind my ratings.

Not all companies in your community are listed because Consumers Check book does not populate it, consumers do.. They submit your company name as someone they do business with.. That opens the door.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
CC may be better than AL, but they aren't straight arrows either. They may not ask you to "advertise" but they might ask you to "donate" and you might find a little petty retribution if you don't participate. I haven't bothered to pay attention to them since they did a hatchet job on carpet cleaning services for a local "consumer advocate" news segment and promoted Stanley Steemer as the company to call. No idea why they did it, but they immediately lost all credibility.

Accept your good reviews, but if you lean too much on any review site or publication you will also lose credibility when their flaws are exposed. Grow too dependant on their reviews and they control your business.

Becker

Name
Becker
CC may be better than AL, but they aren't straight arrows either. They may not ask you to "advertise" but they might ask you to "donate" and you might find a little petty retribution if you don't participate. I haven't bothered to pay attention to them since they did a hatchet job on carpet cleaning services for a local "consumer advocate" news segment and promoted Stanley Steemer as the company to call. No idea why they did it, but they immediately lost all credibility.

Accept your good reviews, but if you lean too much on any review site or publication you will also lose credibility when their flaws are exposed. Grow too dependant on their reviews and they control your business.

The only review that sometimes maters, is the person your new client got your number from.

Bryan, with your volume your score is way better than avg. Look at coit and stanley.

I agree, no review site or source is perfect. But they do show trends with poor service.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
It said start and complete work PROMPTLY, not properly. I believe that means you guys are really good at rushing through jobs.

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: hogjowl

Mikey P

Administrator
800 cfms, 2.5 to the door, 8 ft long heat exchange, Glided Ti wands, Flex, Magic Mikey Powder...of course we're lightning fast.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom