New Cowboy in town

dgargan

We have a new start up in town called "Super Clean" I saw their deal in the Living Social deal ad this week. 7 rooms and a hall for $49. Wow! They get $25 per deal. The deal is about to end but looks like they will sell over 200 deals. So the will get about $2.80 per room and thats not counting the halls that are free. They left themselves no room to upsell more carpet. With only 1 truck they will have little time to clean regular jobs where they can make a profit.

mcatt

Name
Mike
That is insane! Those type of deals are terrible however you right me up! I know some like these but I say there crap for our industry and just another way to make our work look cheap and unprofessional. I know I don't want to go to a dentist lets say that is running a coupon for $15 root canals. LAME!

Name
Yohance
I think it's a 50% finder fee and it really is tough to make much money on those. Have to really sell and you'll find most of those types are not loyal clients as there always looking for the next best deal no matter the quality or customer service.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
trojancarpetcare said:
I think it's a 50% finder fee and it really is tough to make much money on those. Have to really sell and you'll find most of those types are not loyal clients as there always looking for the next best deal no matter the quality or customer service.
Couponer's are about as loyal as a dog in heat and good luck on up selling to these types.

Mikey P

Administrator
When I worked for Millers some of the guys would "borrow" the lady's shampoo and add some to their five gallon porty buckets.

This dude better find every cost cutting measure possible.

S

sam miller

Hay alot of that crap cleans well it just dont stay clean long oh my...

Of course I never did that! hey Marty, blow me

dgargan

Does anyone know if this is a franchise? "SuperClean" They have a good web site and a fairly new van with a White Magic TM. They look good on the surface but I did some mystery shopping and called the company up. I get someone who spoke very broken English who answers the phone with "Yea" I ask if this is Super Clean? "Yep" I then asked a few basic questions about cleaning and he kept responding with "I don't know what you ask" What you mean"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
trojancarpetcare said:

How many LS deals have you ran?

This is one is really low for what they are doing...And what Dave said about not allowing much room for the upsell of other rooms.

I've build my business off these deals and have done well. The customers are better than you think....BUT the deal HAS to be structured right or you'll lose.

Too many guy just "Think" they don't work...Without ever giving it a try OR ever doing the homework to do it right.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just signed a deal to do 3 rooms carpet cleaning for $49..... The lowest I've ever done.

But it was at the request of the guy doing the work. Ambitious fellow. LIKE!

We'll see what happens.

By the way.. You can negotiate 60% for yourself and wave the credit card fees. Watch your sqft limits and make sure you allow time etc to do more work while in the home.

Speaking to the customer over the phone about your other services is huge. Find out if they need anything else or at least plant the seed that you offer it.

Remind them again while previewing the job and then again near the end before you pack up and you've impressed the hell out of them.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Cool Hand Luke said:
No Brian, you're not making Lemonade out of that Lemon! eat yor heart out Werner

I hear ya.... Too low. But you never know. They guy may have a plan...And it might even be a good one. !dork!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I've build my business off these deals and have done well. The customers are better than you think....BUT the deal HAS to be structured right or you'll lose.

Too many guy just "Think" they don't work...Without ever giving it a try OR ever doing the homework to do it right.

Brian, are you plumb loco??

any prospect that's STUPID enough to think they can get 7 rms cleaned for fordie-nine bukz...
DESERVES what they get ..

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ruff Hewn said:

Brian, are you plumb loco??

any prospect that's STUPID enough to think they can get 7 rms cleaned for fordie-nine bukz...
DESERVES what they get ..

..L.T.A.

Dude, I agree..... I said it was too low.

Edit:... I don't agree with the "Plum Loco" part...Well, maybe a little. LIKE!

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Well, as the new dude on the block, this is probably a good way to make the phone ring and learn how to run the truck and clean carpets. Just not a good way to make money.

Then go out of business because you can not pay your bills

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
there are ways to make money with that kind of deal, not my cup of tea and not what I would call completely honest but, I have seen the following

charging extra for prespray
upselling the cleaning into bundles - (the ad was for steam cleaning only, for X amount you can get prespray, spot treat, deodorizer, sanitizer, protector, etc.)
charging extra for dirty carpet
one local guy would arrive and tell them that although the deal was for $49, their job minimum was $90 so if you want the deal you would have to add some rooms or furniture
or maybe just have a good referral, repeat program and use the hell out of it

Not the way I do business, but these are some things that can be done

S

steamclean

That special is actually the pricing for the state tax at 6%.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom