New discovery.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
After cleaning for 35 years, I discovered that 2.5 hose right after my 50 foot of 2" lead hose make one hell of a difference in vac! Duh!! I've always used the 2.5 after laying out 100 or so foot of 2" hose, but now I will always use the 2.5 after 50 foot. I might even shorten the lead 2" hose to 25 foot. The Genesis always had great vacuum, but this really enhances the vac power.

Everyday is a learning experience.......

woodsey

Robert.. A few weeks ago just for fun I hooked up 2.5 direct to my Ti wand and ran a job. The difference was huge. The problem was even with a glide It was way to much for my fat old body to do for very long. It cleaned like never before but there is a point its to much. It was using 100 ft 2.5 inch on a Judson TNT.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
woodsey said:
Robert.. A few weeks ago just for fun I hooked up 2.5 direct to my Ti wand and ran a job. The difference was huge. The problem was even with a glide It was way to much for my fat old body to do for very long. It cleaned like never before but there is a point its to much. It was using 100 ft 2.5 inch on a Judson TNT.
Ron Werner said:
I've realized that years ago when I first tried 3" hose. First 50ft 3" and then 50ft of 2".
Best way to run is all 2.5 with a 50ft whip of 2", gives the best mobility

2.5 from the wand to the TM would be the ideal vac setup....if only the 2.5 was lighter and more fleexable.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Give yourself a couple months and see if you get tired of dealing with that 2.5 hose.

No way am I taking 2.5 hose into a house.

Especially the trailers with 9x10 rooms like I clean.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I had 2.5 on my reel but takes up too much room. Running 50' 2 in 4 to the door to the stainless dev filter, than 2 to the wand on the TNT.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have all three inch plumbing on my TM and 2.5 to the Devastator filter. 2 inch after that.

I do have an extra 50 ft. section of 2.5 that I take with me when cleaning schools or large commercial.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
tmdry said:
I had 2.5 on my reel but takes up too much room. Running 50' 2 in 4 to the door to the stainless dev filter, than 2 to the wand on the TNT.

50 ft of 2.5" takes up more room than 100ft of 2"?
I've got 250ft of 2.5" on my reel, carry my 50 of 2" rolled up ready to carry in

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom