new ford fullsize transit van

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
It will be sad to lose the Econoline, though this Transit looks to be a very capable work van. If the 2013 model is to be the last E-series then they will quickly vanish from the landscape after a 51 year run. I have a lot of memories from the different ones I have owned and a lot of inglorious breakdowns on busy streets. Hopefully the Transit will open a new chapter on reliability, but I doubt it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If the Transit will now fit into a standard garage. It is what I've been waiting for. Would make a nice billboard with a wrap.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Buyer beware... :idea:

If they have 1/2 the problem that GM did ......when they phased out the "G VAN".... :oops:

The 1st Savavna Vans....had lots of issues...!

You may want to wait until 2015...to purchase a New Transit...seems to take 2 years to
work out all the "KinK's".... !gotcha!

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Double doors would make servicing the waste tank much easier.

Its a possibility

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
It's about time, they were supposed to replace the E-series with these already. They've been building them in Europe to great reviews, so there should be fewer start-up problems than if it was an all-new design like the Nissan. I would guess they'll bring these out in early 2012 and call them 2013 models while selling off the rest of the old tech as 2012 Econolines. The new ones won't have hulking V-8s, so guys that have the need for speed will have to buy the old model or move to GM or Nissan.

ford-transit-commercial-van.jpg

If GM loses sales to the new Ford they might have to "square up" the body on the current US van. Their "Euro" van is already pretty old, so maybe not worth building here.

800px-Renault_Trafic_II_front_20080120.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
They have been making this model in europe for 7 years and many years they made the hightop before mb made the sprinter. There will be no reliability issues. But the van will no longer be any american. All foreign

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
If they're going to force a gutless engine on us, what kind of hi-way gas mileage and payload on the "full size" model ?

..L.T.A.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
XTREME1 said:
for years Dave? On what board? Just out of curiosity

Is my thoughts and speech limited to carpet cleaning boards?

I've have seen people that post every waking thought they have on Facebook. I think that's weird.

(Everytime their kid falls down, what they ate, who they visited. How much they drank at happy hour, when they farted)

Who Cares??

Bob Foster

Some of the pictures look like front wheel drives but this one shows a rear differencial if you look close. Utility vans will have to be rear wheel drive and have lots of torque to serve the work van market.

bigtranist.jpg

I wonder what Government Motors is going to do? Probably put a new grill and dash and turn signals on their 1997 van.... ZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Nothing to worry Harp man, while they may be a new vehicle to the USA, many places in the world have been using these vans for decades. Quite a few cleaners in Australia utilize transits for years. The VW, Fiat, Iveco Mercedes Benz leaves the fords for dead in regards to power, and reliability - however the Fords are normally ALOT cheaper to purchase.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Jim Bethel said:
Nothing to worry Harp man, while they may be a new vehicle to the USA, many places in the world have been using these vans for decades. Quite a few cleaners in Australia utilize transits for years. The VW, Fiat, Iveco Mercedes Benz leaves the fords for dead in regards to power, and reliability - however the Fords are normally ALOT cheaper to purchase.

BUT it's American! :roll: ...oh wait, it's not American, It's Ford of EU built all over the World, might last a big longer. :lol:

I've seen the VW, Fiat, Iveco, Citroen's, even Transit's for well over a decade, but I also travel overseas at least once a year.

When Fiat brings the Doblo over to the US it'll kill the smaller Transit sales, than again it's American (I mean EU spec, maybe it won't since it has an US brand name). The Doblo is one of the nicest smaller carvo/passenger vans I've seen, used as a taxi as well. If Fiat brings their smaller cargo van under Dodge/Chrysler (which they own), it could hurt Ford's transit sale. Perhaps that will be what they'll do, in another decade or 2.

F

FB7777

Dave Yoakum said:
If the Transit will now fit into a standard garage. It is what I've been waiting for. Would make a nice billboard with a wrap.

A ford Transit that fits in a garage is why you've been driving your POS 1992 Pedomobile all these years ???

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
A ford Transit that fits in a garage is why you've been driving your POS 1992 Pedomobile all these years ???
I own a 92 Ford (former cleaning van) for general junk hauling. White, no lettering, the classic perp-mobile. Can't drive it into any neighborhood without getting long looks from the homeowners.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom