New found Love for My SS 370

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Interesting how most manufacturers set the vac relief at 13 or 14

Less than that 20 years ago.
I always ran mine at 14

truth is though, if you're pulling 14hg while the wand's on the carpet, you got lock-down problem and need to adjust for that particular carpet situation

..L.T.A.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
That was looking professional, until the red handle was noticed
Yep, the snow shovel handle has to go.
tenor (20).gif

Name
Todd
I have used one of those for years and wouldn't run without it! I monitor RPM for optimal fuel consumption. The engine runs at 3000 RPM, single or dual wands. The pulley ratios determine pump and blower RPM's for maximum power and optimal fuel usage.
I just checked mine yesterday. Its running at 3080 rpm. I thought about going up to 3400. I've heard the Kohler is suppose to run full throttle all the time at 3600 ?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I just checked mine yesterday. Its running at 3080 rpm. I thought about going up to 3400. I've heard the Kohler is suppose to run full throttle all the time at 3600 ?
my understanding of aircooled motors is if running under full throttle they run *cooler

so your engine should last longer at full throttle but possibly less heat produced at your HX

Last edited:

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
my understanding of aircooled motors is if running under full throttle they run *cooler

so your engine should last longer at full throttle but possibly less heat produced at your HX
I actually confirmed that with the mechanic that works on my lawnmower. He said he would never run an air cooled motor in the summer at less than full throttle. It must be done to produce more heat by the big companies.

Furthermore, the blowers used in our machines are designed to run at full blast 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I don’t think there’s really any reason to dumb those down either. I doubt we stress the blowers the way we use them in anyway.

Almost makes me consider a steam action machine. I have a competitor that has run the 27/45 versions for years and he gets years of life out of his Kohlers because steam action designs them to run at 3600 rpm. He also says his 27/45 steam action machines perform better than his HM 575 at 200 feet and less.

Last edited:

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I have a Honda 24 HP motor that has been running at 3000 RPM for 16 years now, so I hope I just didn't just jinx it.

Last edited:
Name
Todd
I actually confirmed that with the mechanic that works on my lawnmower. He said he would never run an air cooled motor in the summer at less than full throttle. It must be done to produce more heat by the big companies.

Furthermore, the blowers used in our machines are designed to run at full blast 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I don’t think there’s really any reason to dumb those down either. I doubt we stress the blowers the way we use them in anyway.

Almost makes me consider a steam action machine. I have a competitor that has run the 27/45 versions for years and he gets years of life out of his Kohlers because steam action designs them to run at 3600 rpm. He also says his 27/45 steam action machines perform better than his HM 575 at 200 feet and less.
I will have to check out Steam Action. I don't understand how their HX works because they don't have any diagrams or anything

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I will have to check out Steam Action. I don't understand how their HX works because they don't have any diagrams or anything
I think Daryl and his brother Daryl put those things together in the barn out back. Good luck to anyone that buys one.

I've seen them many times at my distributors as he pulled his hair out trying to figure out problems with them. He was even more frustrated calling them for any kind of support or parts. They are not a major manufacturer, buy at your own risk.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
The one I saw the other day looked as simple as can be. The main pump does everything, it pulls water from the freshwater tank and pulls chemical for last step. I didn’t see any high-pressure hoses, just fresh water into the pump and then out of the pump into two massive heat exchangers. There is a thermal valve that sends hot water back to the freshwater tank if the pump gets too hot. Kind of reminded me of a Judson but with heat exchangers.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
This was the newest machine he bought though. He said ever since Sammy the son took over, things have gotten better the last couple years.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
There’s no grudge. I stopped the grudge stuff after new ownership took over.

I have several hours behind a grumpy which runs at the same exact speed the Phoenix does. I didn’t like it either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom