New guy

zman

New guy here been in the carpet cleaning bussiness for 19 years. learning something new every day. I have a question for you guys I got a call on a rug that states dry clean only . we do not do much area rugs can any one help? Can it be steam cleaned?

Thanks for all your help

Zenterprise Carpet Cleaning
Fort Dodge Iowa

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
there are some VERY sharp rug guys here, Tim,
but they're going to need more info than that if you want any kind of good answer

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I'm going to guess that the fiber type is something like Molydenimmodacrylic? lol right?

Here is the down and out. Almost any rug can be wet cleaned if its done properly.

Though really we need more information here. There are so many variables that come into play. Namely and most importantly is type of fiber... then Age of rug, and maybe even picture of rug.. front and back and possibly the tag as it seems to have and would sometimes suggest that its machine made.

Get us any of this info and we can throw you a little more info.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
also,

whether it's been contaminated with dog piss...

i learned that one the hard way. piss can cause colors to bleed

zman

Thanks alot everyone you guys have been very helpful. The fiber is a polypropylene that is what the tag saided. I have not got a chance to see the rug let I was just trying to get info before I visit the customer.

Thanks again

Tim
Zenterprise carpet cleaning
Fort Dodge Iowa

Mikey P

Administrator
only know risk of cleaning a poly/olefin rug in the home is edge curling.
in a shop it can be nailed to the floor or dried with weights around the edges

No way to really test for it, unfortunately but to be honest I've had only one call back after doing 1000's of them over curling. I told the home owner to hit the back with her steam iron(on low) and never heard back from them.

I warn them about the risk, tell them what a in plant cleaning cost and 99% of them say they will take the risk because in most cases, the cleaning cost more than the rug did when they bought it.

welcome to MB!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
hahaha I love when rugs like that call for dry cleaning only.. its olefin! possibly with a cotton foundation, you could quite lterally nuke then, but you can steam clean those all day long. Just be sure to control the moisture if its a cotton foundation and you'll be good to go. It would be same requirements as you would an olefin carpet.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It sounds like a piece of crap rag. Something that as Mike stated could cost more than it cost to purchase.

Be sure to give her a price ahead of time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom