New Guy

Able 1

Name
Keith
I also rebuke the "like" from "Fascist"... He can KMA!! Fake shit anyway..

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Not sure if I should just start a new thread or not, this one is becoming an epic and I've never even picked up a wand.
Working on our business plan and I wonder, in an area with 4 seasons, how do the pros find enough work to keep themselves and their help busy enough to survive the slow (winter) months? Diversification is good, maybe I need to retrofit plows to the front of my van/s.

For the slow months -

• Even out your schedule with commercial accounts such as office buildings, doctors, lawyers, real estate, etc. done each month or each quarter. No extra equipment just extra marketing effort.
  • Diversify into work that you can do without hoses running through an open door - Upholstery, tile & grout, stone, wood flooring are some examples. Portables or other tools can do any of this work.
  • Water damage restoration is usually busy in the winter. Requires a considerable investment in training and equipment and marketing effort.
  • VLM cleaning

knapster

Name
Ray
For the slow months -

• Even out your schedule with commercial accounts such as office buildings, doctors, lawyers, real estate, etc. done each month or each quarter. No extra equipment just extra marketing effort.
  • Diversify into work that you can do without hoses running through an open door - Upholstery, tile & grout, stone, wood flooring are some examples. Portables or other tools can do any of this work.
  • Water damage restoration is usually busy in the winter. Requires a considerable investment in training and equipment and marketing effort.
  • VLM cleaning
Thanks Scott for the insight. The area I'll be working in is full of split-level homes with basements, I figure flood restoration there may be lucrative.
As a side mote, I'm guessing pros in winter climates must park there rigs indoors.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Get into high end apartments for the winter, they suck when you're busy, but sure help in the winter!

Reactions: knapster

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
Thanks Scott for the insight. The area I'll be working in is full of split-level homes with basements, I figure flood restoration there may be lucrative.
As a side mote, I'm guessing pros in winter climates must park there rigs indoors.
Our shop is heated so the vans don't freeze. We are in PA where it gets pretty cold, but not as cold as Saiger's MN. Just like Scott said, commercial jobs help us through the winter and we use a Seal-a-Door when cleaning in cold temps. I don't think anyone mentioned air duct cleaning yet. It's another thing you only need to make a small investment to get into.

knapster

Name
Ray
With it all painted green like that who the hell knows what it really is probably a small Legend
Thanks Mikey...
Could be... guy in a small town is selling the thing with the van (180k miles and I have no idea how many hours) for $5500, hoses, wand and all. I know I'd be working on it for that price but I'm worried about availability of parts unless these things are all pretty standard in the last 20 years. Van looks fairly clean from the pics. Newer tires, brakes.
Not exactly a dual wand setup but I gotta start somewhere.
Now, how to tell if the thing has frozen? Haven't called the guy yet.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Thanks Mikey...
Could be... guy in a small town is selling the thing with the van (180k miles and I have no idea how many hours) for $5500, hoses, wand and all. I know I'd be working on it for that price but I'm worried about availability of parts unless these things are all pretty standard in the last 20 years. Van looks fairly clean from the pics. Newer tires, brakes.
Not exactly a dual wand setup but I gotta start somewhere.
Now, how to tell if the thing has frozen? Haven't called the guy yet.
Look at the water pressure gauge. If it's broken, then it's frozen, and the guy was too cheap to fix it. And ask him to send you a video of it operating and do a close up recording of it all the way around. See if you can find leaks.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
DANG! That's a terrible picture also. What's wrong with people trying to sell these machines? Do they think we're still in the 80's with polaroid cameras? That should be a very high quality picture. I would knock off $1500 if he can't give you a decent photo album of every angle of that machine and van

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom