New Hi-Performance Portable – The TruckPort is Here

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The name TruckPort and the graphic was chosen with the idea that it would represent the machine's power - for not only the carpet cleaning contractor, but also for THEIR CUSTOMER. If the customer is thinking that a truckmount is mandatory (as is often the case), and you're cleaning with the TruckPort - the name and the logo prominently displayed on the front of the machine conveys that you're using a high performance portable intended to be used as a truckmount alternative.

truckport-front.png

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Who makes a tall boy portable wand?
Does anybody use two inch hose when running just 25 feet?
Rick would you mind showing us a photo of the guts?
If really like to see how its wired up.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Have you tried the vacs in parallel?
What's the cfm figure?
How many amps per cord?
How many GPM for the pump out?
Is the pump flat out pegged at 500 psi?
Is there just the one configuration?

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
My new goal is to use "Mental Masturbation" as my new description of oh so many things.

Is it really important who makes it for Rick? Is there a practical reason for this information to be important to the purchaser?

Or, is it just more mental masturbation?

F

FB7777

Is it really important who makes it for Rick? Is there a practical reason for this information to be important to the purchaser?

Or, is it just more mental masturbation?
Marty is taking a page from Mikey PR playbook, Mikey I understand cause hes making bank

Marty must want Radar's old spot

Sandia is hardly the cutting edge of Hi. Performance portables

The thing has a 1.5 inlet

I've seen these units at my JanSan supplier

$2250 ain't bad for a price except you gotta pick up the shipping

my experience shows you can get more Mytee for your Money

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Auto just adds potential for more weak links. auto fill or auto dump are great when they work but catastrophic when they fail. Unless you are good about preventive maintenance, auto is just another potential headache. All brands!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey P

Administrator
I already have a back up.

It's called a C4.

If that unit ever needs a back up it will be a 200 psi two 3 stage porty that I can actually lift into my pick up truck.

Now if I were using a unit each and every job like Willy I don't know wtf I'd do..

I don't keep up with the latest and greatest ways to do a shitty job

Reactions: FB7777

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Auto just adds potential for more weak links. auto fill or auto dump are great when they work but catastrophic when they fail. Unless you are good about preventive maintenance, auto is just another potential headache. All brands!
That's why you keep the machine outside. The Mytee I use will fail each time on autofill and overflow from tap water pressure above 50-60 psi (which is just about every faucet) so I have to choke it down with a half turned down hose shut off valve.Once you set it right it works well.
novemberjobs015.jpg

The auto pump out just goes in the bushes outside. But that necessitates a machine that can pull at least 100 feet of 2 inch vac hose to reach throughout the job. That's why you need 2 three stage vacs.
novemberjobs014.jpg

But not to derail Rick's thread. That Truckport is a good looking machine and will be useful for encappers looking to steam some bad areas that need rinsing.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Adam..

Define "huge"--

More noise from the wand?
Less dry passes needed?
More walk ups?

I judge the suck power by putting the hose to my ear and measure how far my eyes get sucked into my head. The 2 inch pulls them further in....:yawn:

The two inch hose on my 200psi 2 two stage vac porty will dry carpet faster than the inch 1/2. I dont run a wand with it because I feel its worthless with a wand but great with the RV360I. But to be honest I only use it on very rare occasions.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I used a mytee speedster this summer to clean some shears at a commercial property.
2-2 stage vacs and one of those adj pumptecs.

And it's been over 20 years since I used my own portable/bucket brigade etc.

Nothings changed in that time and using a POS portable is not in my future.

But I can see how Willy needs to use one and has his machine and techniques down.

I would rather blow that kind of money in a strip joint where at least I'll get some kind of enjoyment from my money.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
James I'm sure you could save some on strip joints, after all Adam uses it on his ears. Im sure you could use it on another appendage ....of course you might need to choke it down to 1.5 to pop your eye balls! :p

Reactions: Zee

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
James I'm sure you could save some on strip joints, after all Adam uses it on his ears. Im sure you could use it on another appendage ....of course you might need to choke it down to 1.5 to pop your eye balls! :p

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Maybe you could use it as a TURD SUCKER on some of your jobs?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The name TruckPort and the graphic was chosen with the idea that it would represent the machine's power - for not only the carpet cleaning contractor, but also for THEIR CUSTOMER. If the customer is thinking that a truckmount is mandatory (as is often the case), and you're cleaning with the TruckPort - the name and the logo prominently displayed on the front of the machine conveys that you're using a high performance portable intended to be used as a truckmount alternative.
Coles subs might find this useful for those custys who insist on a TM. A sub could just point to the truck mounted on the machine.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Does anybody use two inch hose when running just 25 feet?

Who in their right mind uses 25 feet with a well powered portable?
I use a 50 feet 2" hose with my Mytee (2x three stage motors) and the vacuum and drying is awesome.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Who in their right mind uses 25 feet with a well powered portable?
I use a 50 feet 2" hose with my Mytee (2x three stage motors) and the vacuum and drying is awesome.

If you need an extra run of hose it can be added. Not a problem. It comes stock with 25'.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom