New Hi-Performance Portable – The TruckPort is Here

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
He can do his "tap dance" routine after I give my class on Kung Fu Fighting.

And after Richard's Mime GAY performance of "The Box"

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I already have a back up.

It's called a C4.

If that unit ever needs a back up it will be a 200 psi two 3 stage porty that I can actually lift into my pick up truck.

Now if I were using a unit each and every job like Willy I don't know wtf I'd do..

I don't keep up with the latest and greatest ways to do a shitty job

HILARIOUS! You're buttering Rick's toast and flinging shit at everyone who has many years of experience running portables.BTW - that gold pumptec pump is the absolute worst pump in their line. How do I know that? EXPERIENCE. Right down to the rectified DC motor. ( That one is better than the puny and smaller white one.

Mikey P

Administrator
You lesser method folks are so hyper sensitive..

I'll say it again, if I (me) were to buy a porty it would be something real simple like what Rick has here.Im sure Mytee has something equivalent that would be worth looming at as well.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
And all I offered was an honest critique that's based on years of experience. The pump is a POS. I've replaced 7 of them in the last 5 or 6 years. You can't use powdered products with them or the (useless) warranty is void, so you pay for watered down chems. I had the same pump take a shit on me - 5 weeks after it was installed. If it lasts a year, count yourself as blessed. Internal heaters burn up the other components. Series vacuums don't recover as much water as a parallel configuration. These are plain, but ugly facts Mikey. How do I know this? EXPERIENCE. I'm not playing Siskel and Ebert on Rick's machine to be an asshole, I'm just stating the obvious.Good luck to him. I hope he does well with it. But, I'm pretty sure experienced portable owners and manufacturers know exactly what I'm talking about and would have a hard time disagreeing with my facts.

Lesser method? :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I don't know how your Pumptech pump can take a dump like that. I run them for a year and then put in a rebuild kit. The pump bodies last almost forever. Great pumps low amp draw.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So how does it work around here now?
Do you get a kickback of $10 for every portable sold ?

Or with all your other advertisers do you get something from them for pushing their stuff?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
It's.......all.......just......getting.........real.........sad.

Mikey P

Administrator
Good to know on the pump Willy.
How does it handle being used three times a year?
Is there a specific way to store it so the seals last?

Ron K

Any machine where the Dump Valve is Higher then the Electrical Connection is not well designed. I know I have an Olympus. I have had to replace the switches and Vac. I've had another portable for 20 Years, no problems.

Reactions: Willy P

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Good to know on the pump Willy.
How does it handle being used three times a year?
Is there a specific way to store it so the seals last?

YES! I run rust remover in it - THREE TIMES A YEAR? I'm not that busy.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
These portable/op threads are always so controversial...
Not too sure why, how much innovation can someone do with $2k-$3k?

Want innovation, then spend $25k and these manufacturers will build anything you could want.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I agree with Shane.

Also, given the choice, I'd rather pay a little more if I get a portable that was very well designed without cutting silly corners on some cheap parts. (not referring to Rick's machine.)

These days, with high efficiency vacuum motors, a 500 psi pump and 2" hoses, the results are fantastic.
And I agree with Mike. All the extra have it all machines are just not necessary. The more features they have, the higher the chance for break down.
Sure, if one is willing to deal with the hassle, chances of flooding, chances of damage to floors due to moving the dryer/stove to get tons of heat- my hat is off to them.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm thinking that it's positioned well to fill the commercial niche. What do you guys think? Configuration? Colors? Name? Price? Let me know what you think. I appreciate your feedback!

good move Rick
can't give any real world feed back as far performance (I'd rather have my eyes poked out than to have clean anything but upl w/porty)
so I'll let the guys like Willy with nutz 'n bolts experience do the performance/longevity part .

but know enough to say a porty, wand and upl tool offers MUCH more utility and versatility to the com niche guys compared to the Steamin Demon ..which ain't "all that" IMO:icon_rolleyes:

the ability to clean upl (not rub on it with a angle grinder or car wax buffer) as well partitions and such will be welcome to many, I'm sure .
a light nimble wand makes quick work of tight areas, under desks, etc that never get touched wth OP, Cimex or self contained portys like walk behinds and Steamin Demon

the name is monkey sheeit marketing ....but no biggie in reality, cause only morons will think it's more than a porty
Colors are nice and cabinet has nice eye appeal
on the practical side, I've always considered the portys that open like a clam shell to be the best design .
You did well there
It allows for quick access to components for visual inspection and/or repairs, as well as the virtue of rocking back the waste tank for quick easy rinsing as the water and crud naturally flows right out the dump port

don't know enough about price/value aspect of portys to have an educated opinion

but just adding a porty (and not a niche porty like Steamin Demon or walk behinds) to your line up is a good move in general

..L.T.A.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I wonder if it comes in other configurations. Like NO auto fill/ drain and no heat. You can almost always get hot water on the job and unless you can stick it in a janitor closet auto fill/ drain scares me about leaks. (OK I worry too much)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I wonder if it comes in other configurations. Like NO auto fill/ drain and no heat.

I'm ASSuming (maybe wrongly:redface:) that you don't "have" to use auto fill/auto dump to operate it.
if so, much of the utility goes right out the window if the "need" to be tethered to fill and drain hoses is required

I'm also assuming the heater can be on or off (or I'd hope so)

if either of those assumptions are incorrect, I'd STRONGLY suggest the unit be revised

..L.T.A.

F

FB7777

I wonder if it comes in other configurations. Like NO auto fill/ drain and no heat. You can almost always get hot water on the job and unless you can stick it in a janitor closet auto fill/ drain scares me about leaks. (OK I worry too much)

Go to Sandia's website, they have all different configurations, then slap a Vortex sticker on it and you have the latest and greatest High Performance portable

I have a Mytee unit with 2 3 stage vacs and a 200psi pump ( just get larger jets on the wand to increase flow to compensate for low pressure)

Unit can run on one cord with one vac if electricity is an issue or 2 cords and both 3 stage are operating

Only use it less than a dozen times a year, and it cost less than half the price

Mikey P

Administrator
Go to Sandia's website, they have all different configurations, then slap a Vortex sticker on it and you have the latest and greatest High Performance portable

I have a Mytee unit with 2 3 stage vacs and a 200psi pump ( just get larger jets on the wand to increase flow to compensate for low pressure)

Unit can run on one cord with one vac if electricity is an issue or 2 cords and both 3 stage are operating

Only use it less than a dozen times a year, and it cost less than half the price

like this?

vorninja.jpg

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
if I hadn't of gotten ass raped for over $3000 on that POS there probably would be no MB.

LOL. And if Rob hadn't have voided his White Magic warranty by putting a 20 inch lift Kunkle on a 14 inch lift TM there wouldn't have been a ***. Simple twists of fate.

Connor

Name
Connor
if I hadn't of gotten ass raped for over $3000 on that POS there probably would be no MB.

What happened, you get roofied by a queer giraffe?

I thought MB started because you were MHCCOTY with a nipple fetish and a potty mouth aaaannndd the fact you wouldn't STFU about your whortex.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas

Auto-Fill / Auto-Dump is not a standard feature. The price for the base TruckPort with 500 PSI, Dual 2-Stage HiFlow motors, and 2000 Watt Heater is $2250. The price for the model with Auto-Fill / Auto-Dump is $2988. My thought is that the base model will be the most popular model. We've sold Mytee, Kleenrite, and Windsor extractors, and from our experience - 500 psi portys with heat have been the most popular configuration. That's why we specced the TruckPort with these features since it seems to be what most guys are looking for. Simple, effective, affordable.

We are not currently offering a TruckPort model without heat. Maybe we will add other configurations at some point down the line. You could always just turn off the heater if for some reason you don't have a need for it, or if you have severely limited current.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom