New laptop and I bought the warrentee!

Able 1

Name
Keith
This is how it was sold:

Get a batt. every year free (just tell us if the batt. is bad or you just want a new one)

Then he told me that at the end of three years "just throw it against the wall and you will get a new one!"

Wonder if this is what they tell them to say...

The warrentee was 360.00 so kind of pricey but can't wait to run it over in 3 years!

Think it was a bad buy at 360.00?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
The jerk that sold you the warranty won't be working there in THREE MONTHS. It doesn't matter what he told you, if it's not in writing you paid too much. I'm sure those warranty's have abuse disclaimers and I'm sure they make it a major PITA to make a claim on your battery.

It doesn't matter what the monkey says. I had a dickless verizon punk tell me all sorts of stuff about mobile internet. It took me a month on the phone to corporate to straighten it out and two months to get my freekin' money back. Don't count on dickless punks at retail outlets to tell you anything but what will make a sale.

(Can you tell I'm still pissed about the verizon salesman lying vermin punk little girl)

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yeah, he told me ALL that I couldn't do is burn it and theft wasn't covered..

Wouldn't be the first time I was taken... need to break my Ipod soon! Microwave?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
if they cover drink spills or full immersion the best thing to do is pour coke or coffee or orange juice on it. I think they question it if you microwaved it. Besides, I wouldn't try it unless you have cool warranty on your microwave too. (Just don't try to claim them both at the same time.)

Able 1

Name
Keith
My laptop has the drink spill coverage deal on it... the Ipod is my issue at hand, what can you do to stop it from working that they won't be able to tell?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
EMP... Go to a nuke test site and set it on the outside of the bunker.

Name
George Valliant
I would return the damn thing to the store and get my money back before return period is over. Then, I would go to walmart (or where ever) and get a brand new latop for the price you paid jjust for the warranty at the other store.

I've seen kickbutt brand new laptops for under $450. If you don't believe me ask Mountain View Carpet Care. He's sitting dead center sillicon valley.

The price you paid for the warranty will buy you a decent computer at a big box retailer. And, you can afford to replace it every year or two like you do your cell phone.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yeah, I know but with computers and cell phones I have favorits.. Cell phones Sanyo, laptops Toshiba.

Name
George Valliant
I'm a Toshiba fanatic too. Both my Satellites have been bullet proof. But, i think the next one will be a throw away from the big box retailer. I'm just tired of spending 2k on laptops when a $500 will do the same exact thing.

Name
Bruce
Able 1 said:
This is how it was sold:

Get a batt. every year free (just tell us if the batt. is bad or you just want a new one)

Then he told me that at the end of three years "just throw it against the wall and you will get a new one!"

Wonder if this is what they tell them to say...

The warrentee was 360.00 so kind of pricey but can't wait to run it over in 3 years!

Think it was a bad buy at 360.00?

Hate to say it Keith but you're going to screw this deal up.

Warranty Void!! :p

Chris A

Name
Chris
gvalliant said:
I'm a Toshiba fanatic too. Both my Satellites have been bullet proof. But, i think the next one will be a throw away from the big box retailer. I'm just tired of spending 2k on laptops when a $500 will do the same exact thing.

Whaaa?! I spent $599 on my Toshiba Satallite 2 monthgs ago! Best Buy

LeeCory

The 360 you spent almost would purchase you a new laptop in a few years anyway...

YOU GOT TOOK

Greenie

$2K for a laptop is nuts, they are disposable liek cell phones, get a $400 one with no additional warranty, and send me the other $1600 I will invest it into GreenGlides stock and pay your 10% on it for 3 years...lol

I love my $400 HP CompaQ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom