New Mytee Truck Mount

Timothy

Thanks to John L and the Mytee team my new ETM has arrived and got it installed yesterday, it is a very nice TM, I took a peek on the inside and wow it is put together amazingly!

I am very impressed by it and I know it will serve me well for years to come, this TM has LOT'S of room to grow.

I will do a video of the Escape TM in action probably next week so you guy's can see it in action, once again Thanks John L!
847c3ed2.jpg

397fbe9b.jpg

Timothy

That is a lp tankless water heater in back of van, it heats my water to 120-140, I run both kinds of power, customers and sometimes generator and there are times I will use both lol

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Lyman said:
Should the propane tank be right next to the heater.

No and if he gets caught it will be an ugly ugly fine. The tank has to be outside the vehicle while it is running in every state I know of. Why we always have the customer have extra long hoses made so they can sit the tank on the ground while running the TM. Besides that it is just a really good idea to move the bomb away from the ignition source.

Timothy

Thanks for the tips guy's, the tank has been moved and swaped out to a BBQ tank, and It does have enough hose to sit outside the van.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
nice ETM :)

invest in a bulkhead if you can. it can save you in a head-on collision.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Larry Cobb said:
Tim;

When propane tanks get hot inside vans, they will vent propane.

Any source of ignition can be hazardous.

This is the tank we use for propane heaters:

proptank.jpg

http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=3998

It is easier to fill, mounted outside to the truck frame,

and has more safety features.

The ETM looks very nice.

Larry

While I agree to make sure its outside, or at least the other end of the van with doors open....

You do realize it has to get mighty hot in that van for it to vent right??? I would think a van with side and back doors open, would be fine heat wise.....in fact here in Utah i keep mine in the box in the winter so i get the most BTUs out of it when its cold....cuz when it gets cold you loose BTU...

C

clean image

So what van, engine combo is driving the generator head?

What RPMS does your engine turn when it runs the generator head?

Does RPMS fluctuate with load?

How do you activate generator, simple single switch? And electronics takemover from there?

Thanks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
clean image said:
So what van, engine combo is driving the generator head?

What RPMS does your engine turn when it runs the generator head?

Does RPMS fluctuate with load?

How do you activate generator, simple single switch? And electronics takemover from there?

Thanks

You might be getting John's two new units confused, Carl

One's a portymount, the other is an electric TM

Tim's is the portymount.
Not the electric TM that needs the $5000 gen inverter

the difference, and why "I" call one a portymount and the other a TM iz...
one actually has TM performance
(though needs the van engine to run it..which seems counter intuitive to me)

The other is essentially a portable bolted to the floor.....that ain't portable no-mo

..L.T.A.

Timothy

I have to respectively have to disagree with Porty mount on the escape I have, the one I have is not portable at all, as far as performance and time goes I will be shooting video in the next week or so for a few guy's that want to see how efficiently you can run ETM from van or trailer, when setup to optimize for time and ease of use you can flow very good,

As far as performance goes, Porty's and ETM's like we have today will flat out clean at what ever PSI you prefer and get outstanding dry times, I would say a bipercentnt of us guy's with Porty and ETM's have all run gas TM's for some years before going the electric route.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Derek said:
nice ETM :)

invest in a bulkhead if you can. it can save you in a head-on collision.
Mytee ETM has 1/4" Steel Mounting Brackets.

With proper professional mounting hardware for the van floor,

it will be very secure in a crash.

Larry

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
As far as performance goes, Porty's and ETM's like we have today will flat out clean at what ever PSI you prefer and get outstanding dry times,

I'm not knocking portys or in particular portymounts, Tim, i promise .
Clean and quiet are two very strong virtues of them....as long as..you're plugging it in at the job site
but when you add a GAS generator to run it, all that goes out the window.
even if you only use a gen 20% of the time...you've lost a lot of floor space in the van hauling a 5000-7500wt generator

I would say a bipercentnt [big percent??]of us guy's with Porty and ETM's have all run gas TM's for some years before going the electric route.

I'm not so sure there are a "lot" of guys that have gone from gas TM to porty or portymounts, are there??
Only a couple/few I can think of
I'm curious what TMs and with what blower size you were used to running ?

..L.T.A.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Ruff Hewn said:
As far as performance goes, Porty's and ETM's like we have today will flat out clean at what ever PSI you prefer and get outstanding dry times,

Clean and quiet are two very strong virtues of them....as long as..you're plugging it in at the job site
even if you only use a gen 20% of the time...you've lost a lot of floor space in the van hauling a 5000-7500wt generator

[quote:5awnpnxq]
I would say a bipercentnt [big percent??]of us guy's with Porty and ETM's have all run gas TM's for some years before going the electric route.

I'm not so sure there are a "lot" of guys that have gone from gas TM to porty or portymounts, are there??

..L.T.A.[/quote:5awnpnxq]

I agree 100%. I could see the virtue of running the true "truckmount" if it can be plugged into a dryer outlet in the home. They need to drop the amp draw by just a few amps. And then have the truck installed inverter system in case you cant find power. You can partially justify the cost of the inverter/generator setup by using it as a backup for power outages at your house.

Timothy

Ruff Hewn said:

[quote:tyypekwa]

..L.T.A.[/quote:tyypekwa]
Steamway Powermatic 2100, I worked for the company I didn't own it, ran the 2100 for 10 + years

I don't no what the blower size was

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Timothy said:
Steamway Powermatic 2100, I worked for the company I didn't own it, ran the 2100 for 10 + years

I don't no what the blower size was

Thanks Tim

it's a Roots 45
if it was stock, the HG was set at the factory at a wimpy 11hg.
if using the stock Steamway floodjet wand they supplied with the unit running at 450psi and 11HG lift, i figure your portymount ought to get "at least' as good of dry times

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom