NEW NINJA WARRIOR PORTABLE

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Century 400 released video on their new Ninja Warrior portable extractor.
ADMIN. EDIT
9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeiJs_W0Eco9]

It is slightly larger & has a few interesting features.

We have one in the showroom if anybody wants to see interior photos.

Larry

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
1.5" :? :roll: :roll: :?

so yesterday...

i like the vac covers, and the access though

Wow that is sweet!!!...very CC friendly love the wand holder and bucket spot and everything else and the top loading wheels....how much?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
If you buy Odins dont forget about buying a fork lift to get the fooker out of the van.

Golden Boy

Greenie

That is a pretty sweet machine, lots of potential.

I have some tech questions, I'll try not to swamp the thread with a list, first to come to mind is the vac motor shields, do they hold in the heat?

Name
Kevin McCreary
Greenie said:

I have some tech questions, I'll try not to swamp the thread with a list, first to come to mind is the vac motor shields, do they hold in the heat?

That's what I was thinking. Don't those motors have to breathe?

G

You got that right; Start the clock to see how long c/c's start pitching a fit over how often it craps motors.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage

I thought the same thing, and they use these motor covers to prevent water damage to the motors, according to the video I watched.

I have 2 portables, and never had any water damage inside either portable (and one of them is a Century 400 portable with auto feed, auto dump, and a chemical injection system).

Willy P

Name
Willy P
ninjas-2.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
First thing I noticed was the 1 1/2" hose fitting rather than a 2"
When they were talking about heat they showed a greenhorn wand with a glide.

I was wondering about the vac covers, how necessary they are. Are they 2 or 3 stage?
Again, I prefer a unit that I don't need to empty the tanks to get at the motors. Should something happen, its a real prick to empty a soln tank with no vac motors.

ANyone ever thought of putting the tanks on the bottom and the motors and such on top?
esp with an autofill/auto dump

DOes this come with auto fill and dump?

WHat about the hoses? In the video the guy walks in and walks out with the machine, but there are no hoses?

How much is it??

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ron Werner said:

I was wondering about the vac covers, how necessary they are. Are they 2 or 3 stage?
Again, I prefer a unit that I don't need to empty the tanks to get at the motors. Should something happen, its a real prick to empty a soln tank with no vac motors.

ANyone ever thought of putting the tanks on the bottom and the motors and such on top?

WHat about the hoses? In the video the guy walks in and walks out with the machine, but there are no hoses?

How much is it??

Ron - Just use a section of small hose , stuff it under the water so the hose is full and keep your thumb over it and put it lower than the tank in a bucket. It works like a siphon in a pinch. ( If that doesn't work you can "puff" on the hose, but it's pretty gross if you get a mouth full of hot soapy water)

R

rotovacguy

Ron Werner said:

How much is it??

Putting all of that stuff on top would make the unit top heavy, and easy to tip without water in it. My porty only has a 600 psi pump in it, and even at that, the weight is substantial. Do that with a 1200 psi pump, and the necessary heft of a beefy motor, and that would be really awkward to move. Just hit one tiny rock, or a ruffled up rug with those little wheels up front, and it would tip forward for sure. Ron, it would seem to me that the quick and easy solution would be to put a slide valve in the solution tank, just like the one for the waste tank. That would give the unit an easy way to drain in the event of motor or pump failure, plus it would be a whole lot easier to maneuver, too.

Greenie

hey I'm all about good ideas and improvements, but i have to ask, in all seriousness, how often do you need to change a vac motor in the middle of a job?
just suck the damn water out with your ramaining functional vac, or just dump it on it's side and be doen with it....it's just carpet cleaning.
and....I never heard of a vac just crapping out, they always whine and give a warning if you jsut pay attention.

again, nothing against Ron, several make his same point, i just think it's more trouble than it's worth, you better use a dump valve more than once a year if I put it on a machine from a design point of view.

Greenie said:
hey I'm all about good ideas and improvements, but i have to ask, in all seriousness, how often do you need to change a vac motor in the middle of a job?
just suck the damn water out with your ramaining functional vac, or just dump it on it's side and be doen with it....it's just carpet cleaning.
and....I never heard of a vac just crapping out, they always whine and give a warning if you jsut pay attention.

again, nothing against Ron, several make his same point, i just think it's more trouble than it's worth, you better use a dump valve more than once a year if I put it on a machine from a design point of view.

AS far as motors crapping out they do, if you usem the like we do... I run 4 (5 all together this on is a backup) speedsters and they clean an average of 30-50 jobs each a WEEK....I average 3 pumps and 5 vac motors replaced in a years time....welcome to my world greenbean.

R

rotovacguy

Greenie said:

I agree about the vac motors. I've had a few go out before (lambs, of course, not my "ravishing" domels! :shock: ) and yes they do give you some warning, at least mine did. I wish I could say the same about the pumps, they just go without warning. I had one go out on me at a custy's house like 2 months ago. Luckily, I ALWAYS carry a high flow adapter for hooking directly to the faucet, and it saved my rear that day.

But I have to disagree on the dump valve. I would rather use a dump valve than have to empty out by sticking my hose in that little hole........ err.........ummm..........that didn't come out right. :lol: Seriously, I have a tendency to chat with the custy while packing up my equipment, and I'll totally forget to drain whatever is remaining in the solution tank. So now I'll have to pull out the hoses (AGAIN!!) and unravel the cords to power up the motors, when all that's really needed is a dump valve. IDK, maybe it's just me, but I would use it continuously.

Name
Eric Valentine
Wouldn't it be easy to add a ball valve at the bottom of the tank? 3/8" hole, valve, a few washers, nuts, threaded tubing, and gaskets. It wouldn't be the world's fastest way to dump the fresh tank, and there would be the possibility of putting a qd on too, so you can use a rescue pump setup if needed.

Name
Nate W.
rotovacguy said:
Greenie said:

I agree about the vac motors. I've had a few go out before (lambs, of course, not my "ravishing" domels! :shock: ) and yes they do give you some warning, at least mine did. I wish I could say the same about the pumps, they just go without warning. I had one go out on me at a custy's house like 2 months ago. Luckily, I ALWAYS carry a high flow adapter for hooking directly to the faucet, and it saved my rear that day.

But I have to disagree on the dump valve. I would rather use a dump valve than have to empty out by sticking my hose in that little hole........ err.........ummm..........that didn't come out right. :lol: Seriously, I have a tendency to chat with the custy while packing up my equipment, and I'll totally forget to drain whatever is remaining in the solution tank. So now I'll have to pull out the hoses (AGAIN!!) and unravel the cords to power up the motors, when all that's really needed is a dump valve. IDK, maybe it's just me, but I would use it continuously.

I always have sucked out water in the solution tank with the vacuum hose. I always thought of it as cleaning the inside of the hose while you set the nap or start packing up. I don't really clean a lot of places every single day like some of you guys. Imo, even if Greenie put a dump valve or ball valve on the solution side, then it gets bumped, opens accidently, starts leaking, then everyone will b!tch and moan about it. With autofill on a porty, it should be set at 5gallons. I can't remember the last time I had to use a bucket to fill the solution tank.

Once a year changing parts is realisitic maintenance with electric vac's.

Really now, how many times do vac motors or pumps crap out on you a year? I view the dump valve/ball valve as one less thing to go wrong, get damaged, replace while using a porty.

My .02 cents. :D

R

rotovacguy

Nate The Great said:
rotovacguy said:
Greenie said:

I always have sucked out water in the solution tank with the vacuum hose. I always thought of it as cleaning the inside of the hose while you set the nap or start packing up. I don't really clean a lot of places every single day like some of you guys. Imo, even if Greenie put a dump valve or ball valve on the solution side, then it gets bumped, opens accidently, starts leaking, then everyone will b!tch and moan about it. With autofill on a porty, it should be set at 5gallons. I can't remember the last time I had to use a bucket to fill the solution tank.

Once a year changing parts is realisitic maintenance with electric vac's.

Really now, how many times do vac motors or pumps crap out on you a year? I view the dump valve/ball valve as one less thing to go wrong, get damaged, replace while using a porty.

My .02 cents. :D

I agree, Nate. It's not really a huge issue for me, more of a suggestion for Ron. But I will say that on several occasions I've forgotten to empty the solution tank, and a dump valve would've come in real handy. :D Heck, when I just don't feel like messing around, and I can get away with it without the custy noticing, I'll tip it on it's side like Greenie said. :oops:

Besides, my next pump will be external, so I don't need to worry about that stuff anyway. Between the auto fill, more room in the compartment for a few more vac motors :twisted: , and the freeze factor here in Wisconsin, all signs are pointing to an external. It will be so much nicer just leaving the mytee strapped in the trailer, and bring in just the pump on those cold nights. Much easier for servicing, too.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Most common comment from the users of this new machine:

Amazed at the quiet operating noise level in actual use.

Century enclosed the vac motors to cut down the noise.

Larry

Greenie

Something I overlooked before, on the M5 as long as you have power to your pump, you can use the Manual Prime Valve to transfer solution to waste tank, just turn on the pump, open the ball valve, and it pumps to the waste tank, it goes pretty quick too!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
just remembering, (hec its been 13yrs!) it wasn't often a vac motor would go, but more often a little leak would develop, or the pump would need adjusting for pressure, these are pumps from 13 yrs ago so hopefully they work much better now.
A little irritating to run a porty on hardwood and see a puddle developing underneath.

Larry Cobb said:
Most common comment from the users of this new machine:

Amazed at the quiet operating noise level in actual use.

Century enclosed the vac motors to cut down the noise.

Larry

That is very true Larry the noise level Im use to from the Mytee speedeters is a huge difference. Ive used this porty week several times this week and I am very impressed....

I took the new Ninja Warrior from Century 400 for a test run over five weeks ago. I wanted to see if it lived up to its name before I sold one. I was amazed at the fact that all the controls are near the top...instead of down around the bottom. It was always a pain having to get on all fours whenever I wanted to adjust the psi. Plus, I like how they put wheels on the back right below the handle...almost like U.S. Products did with their Solus 500 unit years ago. It makes getting it into and out of a vehicle very easy and manageable!! I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this model will be just as if not MORE durable as the earlier models. I love this series because their equipment is so durable, easy to use, and clean cut! I plan to buy one in the next year and I look forward to make'n tons of money off this thing!! Keep up the good work NINJA!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom