New OP Machine....What do you think? VIDEO

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Don't get all crazy....I'm just getting opinions on the machine.

9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM1iUyxHRsA9]

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
John did the right thing by creating a wheels down version of his Trinity.

3 Speeds and some other unique specs that I won't comment on because I'll screw it up.

Not a horrible price.....Little high for my blood. But all things considered...What's the price of a Cimex??

I believe the new Trinity is just under $4000.00

I'm not shilling it...I don't own one. But I do believe it deserves some exposure....Trying to get him to bring it to MikeyFest.

FredC

Village Idiot
I think if god wanted more exposure for the machine he designed it would happen.............

then again he has been trying to stay on the dl for the last few thousand years........

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Was this created by The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit? John, himself? Would look to be a great machine for these cold Winter months....commercial offices, high rises......anywhere you wouldn't want to set up the TM. I do have an old Conqueror, but it's not running at the moment.

You take trade ins, John??

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
gavin said:
it looks heavy.

That's the idea. The head weight get's down in to the carpet better....Or so they say.

I just ordered some weights for my Orbot so I don't have to flip the wheels and lose the little bit of control.

I would buy the wheels down trinity if the price wasn't an issue. Spending that money needs some demoing.

I'm trying to talk John into bringing it to MikeyFest.

randy

Name
Randy
To answer your question Brain Cimexs are $2,600.00 unless you are crazy and ordering the 24" or 30" Cimex, then you better be the incredible hulk to load it as they are much heavier than the 15 & 19.
The 19" is 104lbs and frankly that's really unsafe to take up a flight of stairs. Do a 4 level town home and your talking 45-60 steps. I'm actually thinking about an Orbit for those jobs as they are 84LBS.

$4,000 for an OP unit is way over the limit and regardless of how great these new units are they will be very slow sellers. Unless they get the manufacturing cost down big time, Hruby will be the industry's choice for years to come. Plus at 110 lbs. the trinity weighs even more than a 19" cimex which is a killer to take up stairs.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I am going to sell my jiggler. I just don't think they are that much better than a regular 175. How much is a used Easy Glide worth?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
randy said:
To answer your question Brain Cimexs are $2,600.00 unless you are crazy and ordering the 24" or 30" Cimex, then you better be the incredible hulk to load it as they are much heavier than the 15 & 19.
The 19" is 104lbs and frankly that's really unsafe to take up a flight of stairs. Do a 4 level town home and your talking 45-60 steps. I'm actually thinking about an Orbit for those jobs as they are 84LBS.

$4,000 for an OP unit is way over the limit and regardless of how great these new units are they will be very slow sellers. Unless they get the manufacturing cost down big time, Hruby will be the industry's choice for years to come. Plus at 110 lbs. the trinity weighs even more than a 19" cimex which is a killer to take up stairs.

I hear ya on the price. But it's hard to manufacture those things on that level and make money I'm sure. He's probably outsourcing most of it.

The head weight is what helps clean the carpet (so sez John) so that's why it's heavier. I believe it. I've been cleaning with the Orbot for a few months exclusively and it does work great. On some carpet...Most carpet I have to flip the wheels up to get the weight on the head.
I just ordered some weights to help. This way I can keep the wheels down for the control but still have the head weight for cleaning.

The issue is I'm not sure how much weight the Orbot can take before it breaks. I've heard it's not THAT durable....So I have to be careful.

If Johns machine was closer to $3k I would be much more interested.

I'm in the process of trying to find out how much the machine is JUST for the machine with the onboard spray set up and none of the bells and whistles.

I would think closer to $3k......and at that point I would truly consider it.

I'm not saying the machine isn't worth it....I'm sure it is.....It's just a hard pill to swallow for a floor machine.
Especially after all my arguments of the TMs being soooo expensive. :|

randy

Name
Randy
You know the weight issue is really a double edge sword, helps with the cleaning but makes your chiropractor rich, LOL. I did a job Friday that was Berber with my 19" Cimex, huge basement of about 4,000 square feet. It was pretty dirty and has been cleaned three times in the last couple of years (HWE, Chemdry with a bonnet and some other "dry method" as they clean after every tenant). I wheeled the thing around back through the side yard and down the 8 concrete steps into the basement entrance. Total pain getting into the house but my gosh did it look fantastic. The upstairs was regular nylon carpet (four bedrooms, hall and one set of steps) so I used the Whitaker on that. I was supposed to call the owner when I was done to get a check but I went to dinner for 1 1/2 hour first and then went back and called. When she got there I was loading up the rest of the equipment out of her garage and she said I can't believe you finished this quick. I said well I have been at this 20 years you learn a few tricks. She goes down stairs and comes up going "oh my God I can't believe it, it has never looked like this, ever. She wrote out my $1,675 check and then gave me a $40 tip in cash. The job took about three hours and fifteen minutes of actual cleaning time. The upstairs took as long as the entire basement which is a real testament to the Cimex since the upstairs is about 1/2 the size.

Now I'm sure that a few guys on here will say "I would never do around 6,000 square feet for that", but I can live with over $500 per operating hour and no way would she have paid the $4,200 or .70 a square that some claim to be charging. Even $2,400 or .40 cents a square isn't going to happen.

I used DSC Spin vac on the basement, no pre spray. Upstairs I presprayed with Onyx's encap pre spray, ran over it with the CRB and then repeated with the DSC applied.
With the Trinity I probably could have done the whole job with one piece of equipment. I has an electric sprayer, Cimex, CRB and a backpack vacuum.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
That DSC SPINVAC is a very good product.

While some of those internet cult shampoos have white or yellow crystals I much prefer using
a product that has a CLEAR polymer.

And believe it or not that clear polymer reflects light and fills in the microscopic scratches more when it's dried on the fiber.

And don't waste your money on large orders and shipping for product ......just buy it local.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I am going to sell my jiggler. I just don't think they are that much better than a regular 175. How much is a used Easy Glide worth?
I agree Ken and because of that I'll give you $200.00 for yours....just cause I like ya! :roll:

I still prefer the OP to a 175 if for nothing else it's easier to train and get a guy up and running making money. A 175 takes some skill and experience to operate, especially for a new tech.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Psst Randy this is my scam.......I mean sale. :p

Ok this is my final offer $400.03.

You understand Randy upping the anty has nothing to do with my new offer, a mere coincidence. After much reflection I was going to offer $400.03 today anyway! :roll:

Take it or leave it Ken.....this offer won't last long! :mrgreen:

randy

Name
Randy
Doc Holliday said:
Psst Randy this is my scam.......I mean sale. :p

Ok this is my final offer $400.03.

You understand Randy upping the anty has nothing to do with my new offer, a mere coincidence. After much reflection I was going to offer $400.03 today anyway! :roll:

Take it or leave it Ken.....this offer won't last long! :mrgreen:

$402.67 and I will pay to cancel your IICRC certification (cost of letter postage etc).

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
AU$350.00 ??

I pay freight.

Many can play this game. hey Marty, blow me shiteatinggrin

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I'll take $400 for it but there is a small $1,400 shipping and handling fee.

Let me know if you still want it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'll run........I guess I should be honest, after all this isn't the guru filled red board. I'll jog.....and walk fast to save $1,400.00. :mrgreen:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
FLYERMAN said:
I'll take $400 for it but there is a small $1,400 shipping and handling fee.

Let me know if you still want it.

Nah, I was going to bring it back as excess luggage. :roll:

Plus I figure it's already been "handled" enough, so I should get a 33% discount as well for goodwill. !gotcha! shiteatinggrin

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I bought a used tm with 600 hrs for less than the cost of that thing. I like low moisture for commercial and love the cimex, but why on earth would someone spend that much on an op machine?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's a little more than I would like to spend. I would be more likely to purchase to the machine without the sprayer set up and any other bells and whistles.

It has a more powerful head and bigger orbit....which is supposed to make all the difference.

Heavier head weight....which is supposed to make all the difference as well.

It would have to be well under $3000.00 I think for me. But if it could cut my cleaning time in half by doing more of the work for me.....It might be "worth" more.

I still want to see it at Mikey's Fest.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It would have to be well under $3000.00 I think for me. But if it could cut my cleaning time in half by doing more of the work for me.....It might be "worth" more.
I agree, I'd like a budget version maybe with fewer speeds and lower price. ??

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think the bare bones machine would go for under $3000....But John doesn't like to answer me in public. I guess I'll have to pick up a phone or somthing.

That Microcap pad he used with it is an awesome pad. I ordered one just to try and have been impressed with it. Plus with the www.vacaway.com chems....Makes life a lot easier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom