Administrator
I'll be sending you a new pet to show my appreciation

Screenshot_20190602-223301.png

Reactions: GeeeAus and FredC

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
to efficiently run 200 feet of vacuum hose!

along with that CRB that advertises cleans 7000sf pr hour, one could rule the world

..L.T.A.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
That is one ugly looking pet! I thought mickey was the last stop of ugly but that thing runs neck n neck with him.

• Haha
Reactions: Old Coastie

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
The unit is so small, that if you were 200' from the van to the inside, I would just pick that thing up and move it closer instead of putting out 200' of hose.

I would also be leery of the APO performing all day long without a hitch. With a unit that small, you're gonna' need a very reliable APO or you'll spend all your time fussing with the unit instead of cleaning all day long.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Foam build up would be a real problem too in such a small tank. As the demand for "more-more-& more" vacuum became popular, that was exactly why we discontinued our 3 1/2 gallon MITEY-ONE.
However, my comment was absolutely not a knock on their new system and I wish them the very best.

Last edited:

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I think the smaller chamber is at once the strength and the weakness of the CFX. Mine has two 3-stage motors, not the new motors.
At in-house ranges using 2” hose, (door to 75 ft) they will suck the ass off an elephant.
They are able to evacuate the chamber almost immediately, restoring vacuum to the chamber/hose space (between strokes) much faster than if the CFX had a large waste tank. That is the strength. I imagine the new motors are even better.

Of course, the small chamber is vulnerable to foam ingestion. On some carpets, I feel like Chef Boyardee sprinkling defoamer all over the place. I also am in the habit of attaching a 15’ piece of 2” hose to the exhaust to ensure it does not drool on itself when sucking foam.
One of these days I will build a modified inlet tube to direct incoming waste water downward, instead of laterally (as it is now). Perhaps a simple plate baffle will work, even if it means disposing of the filter sock Rotovac provides for the inlet tube.

I will say this: The portability and ability of the CFX to punch above its weight class is precisely what I need at this time. All the hookups and cords are inconvenient, but on balance it works very well.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I had to overcome all of these problems that are mentioned in this thread when I designed the Savage Beast recovery tank. A smaller recovery tank will definitely give you an instant rise time in the vacuum recovery tank. For that reason I designed our tank to have a very small footprint (10" X 12"), and a foolproof APO. I am still using it today with over 17 years of use. I have virtually no foaming problems, unless the customer has dumped a load of soap onto their carpet, then I just clean and meter in Rinse-Master to kill the foam.

BTW, I am using the original APO pump still. It is the key in this type of vacuum system. I can also clean for weeks without having to check the APO filter.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I had to overcome all of these problems that are mentioned in this thread when I designed the Savage Beast recovery tank. A smaller recovery tank will definitely give you an instant rise time in the vacuum recovery tank. For that reason I designed our tank to have a very small footprint (10" X 12"), and a foolproof APO. I am still using it today with over 17 years of use. I have virtually no foaming problems, unless the customer has dumped a load of soap onto their carpet, then I just clean and meter in Rinse-Master to kill the foam.

BTW, I am using the original APO pump still. It is the key in this type of vacuum system. I can also clean for weeks without having to check the APO filter.
I know you could give us the parts list on the APO but for us not so mechanically inclined it may be an idea for you to sell them!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I also have the CFX, but mine is the larger one, CFX-15, it has a 3 x larger waste tank which I have found eliminates most, (not all), of the foaming problems, depending on the situation.

It IS a noisy little bugger, but does a great job as now, I use it mainly only for upholstery, when needed.

I'm waiting to hear back from Rotovac re; the new vacuums fitted to the CFX-ZX, to see if they are available in 220/240 volt to put into my CFX-15.

For me, this machine is a keeper.

Just my simple thoughts, hope this doesn't upset Jimmy. 😉 🤔 😂

:yoda::very_drunk:

Reactions: Condog and Mikey P

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The one video I posted the comparison was a machine with vacs in series compared to two vacs in parallel. It’s not a fair test and is misleading. I do like the idea of the CFX. The price tag is good. But they should’ve tested machines in series only.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I know you could give us the parts list on the APO but for us not so mechanically inclined it may be an idea for you to sell them!
The pump is an electro-magnetic drive pond pump. I have one in our Koi pond that has been ON 24 hours a day for the past 7 years with no FAILURES. I have one in each of our 2 truckmounts. Add a float switch, some PVC plumbing, a one-way check valve, and a pump pre-filter that gets a knee-high nylon on it, and you're good to go.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That test is utter bullshit. I am just testing 2 of my machines. One is a rustler 17 gallon with 2-2stage vacuums in series, single power cord and it develops 204 inches water lift. Testing my cleanworks monster with 2-3 stage vacuums in parallel, I still get 159 inches water lift. The gauge is wrong or you are deliberately sabotaging the test. Most machines are capable of 136-200 inches on a single cord.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
That test is utter bullshit. I am just testing 2 of my machines. One is a rustler 17 gallon with 2-2stage vacuums in series, single power cord and it develops 204 inches water lift. Testing my cleanworks monster with 2-3 stage vacuums in parallel, I still get 159 inches water lift. The gauge is wrong or you are deliberately sabotaging the test. Most machines are capable of 136-200 inches on a single cord.

That was my thought even in parallel the lift is usually 130ish

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You can't tell much by lift alone, many machines create great lift. You also need sufficient airflow. Not saying the cfx isn't a powerful machine but other machines generate the same lift. It comes down to the engineering as to how much water is recovered from the carpet. Like Jimmy suggests, maybe a dump valve is left partially open or something. Even the most basic machine should get at least 136 inches water lift which is about 10 inches mercury.

Reactions: SamIam

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Rotovac sent me two emails, however, I only received the second one.

Thank you I appreciate the feedback.

Unfortunately, for the Aussies that frequent here, these vacuums ARE NOT available in 220/240 volt so we're left out in the cold once again.

That doesn't suck, Does it?? 🤔

I look forward to reading more dialogue on the transparency & testing of equipment, especially as pertaining to the equipment as stated at the start.

:yoda: :very_drunk:

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
This machine is a beast. I want one. Can’t wait for 240v.

Reactions: DAT

randy

Name
Randy
Cliff never stops tweaking it, always coming out with something new & improved. There is a lesson there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom