New site under development..

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
So, progress is being made. Below is a JPEG of the home page as it now stands. They didn't understand what I wanted, in that the videos will be embedded in the columns (where the pictures are...)- not positioned over them. But this will give you the idea of where it's heading:

Accelerated-Chemical-Technologies_main_layout3.jpg

The 2 columns is the idea I came up with to place more emphasis on chemicals, without decreasing the focus on systems.

When all is said and done, there should be no need to scroll down further on the home page.

The orange text at the top is another misunderstanding that they're working on. The idea is for it to be lower on the page, by the logo, and fade in and out independently, as a way to make the first impression more interesting.

Setting this up is turning out a lot to be like designing a truck mount...

dday

It is always easier to read dark text on a white background rather than what you have chosen to do. Color schemes that might look awesome as a wrap for a super hero mount usually makes for un-readable web pages.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Marty said:
Take all pictures of you off the site.

Hire a professional.

Maybe I could get some neurotic, lanky, anal retentive beanpole of a guy who wears his pants too high (a' la' Pee Wee Herman) and nervously quips from the sidelines to officiate for some comic relief.

No, wait... The perfect candidate for such a spot is cleaning carpet in Alabama and therefore, unavailable...

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
dday said:
It is always easier to read dark text on a white background rather than what you have chosen to do. Color schemes that might look awesome as a wrap for a super hero mount usually makes for un-readable web pages.

Thanks, David.

I'll take that under consideration.

Duane

Back
Top Bottom