New stair tool

SamIam

Name
sam miller
y5ype3yr.jpg
7a5aze3e.jpg
upy4etyg.jpg

I really like this tool for detail work like stairs, thanks Cobbs for a great tool

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I got one that looks something like that from Greenie years ago....A RV joint here in town had me doing a bunch of there rigs and so I got it to help me with them...good little wand for tight places...........

Reactions: GCCLee

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I love mine too ..it's looks similar to your Cobblet tool
The large one is a Greenie tool..it's a good tool, but I personally prefer the smaller 22" tool

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

.L.T.A.

Name
Nate W.
I have the Prochem stair tool with 1 jet... The newer ones has 2 jets like yours...

I still like Able's one that he chopped a Prochem TI... But I just run the RV360i on the treads to get the them filthy one clean...

I even have one of those swivel ones that Mark Saiger showed in his hose management video... I never did use it, but after watching his, I may give it a try... It came with some equipment we bought..

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Dang, Larry. You keep your tools clean. Mine all have assburgers on them.

I love mine too ..it's looks similar to your Cobblet tool
The large one is a Greenie tool..it's a good tool, but I personally prefer the smaller 22" tool

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

.L.T.A.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Azzburgers, lol

I could use a stair tool. That GreenHorn is a Mother to flip and fight :)

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Those are cheap Vietnam copies of the prochem stair tool. Stand for something or fall for everything...Buy the prochem tool Proudly made by PMF in the USA

Not the Greenie tool Larry poste that is a PMF custom Stair tool and we have them in stock.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have the Prochem stair tool with 1 jet... The newer ones has 2 jets like yours...

I still like Able's one that he chopped a Prochem TI... But I just run the RV360i on the treads to get the them filthy one clean... as

I even have one of those swivel ones that Mark Saiger showed in his hose management video... I never did use it, but after watching his, I may give it a try... It came with some equipment we bought..

I can tell you and send or post pics of it as well. I had it changed out to a 2 jet system (real easy to do) and it is a good wand now...Fast too!

Mikey P

Administrator
Down in Orange County somewhere.

Idea and designs stolen from here but built in Vietnam.

Erik from Zipper caught Tony photographing his stuff at ICE when he thought no one was looking.

Ask Lisa about him.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Really,

Guys like that, used to end up Ded. Ir atleast walkin funny!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

We look for value in equipment . . .

wherever it is found.

The majority of the current wand designs came from Bill Shero . . .

Century's founder (now deceased).

Those workers evolved into CMP, whose wands we also sell.

CMP's low-profile 14" design predated most low-profile wide wands.

Nearly all wands & glides on the market today, have come from previous designers.

Larry

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Dang, Larry. You keep your tools clean.

LOLL, Art
Those were new 5-6(?) years ago

I don't know what country of origin the small came from, I DO know it's a well made solid "forever" tool

I don't know if it's the same as Cobblet's ..I bought mine for down right cheap (like a $100?) from some chic on e-bay ..that wasn't around long ...maybe the Asian mafia got her??....i donno, but do it's a damn solid tool

..L.T.A.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Here is one of our 2 stair tools with swivel head. They are terrible with a single jet in my opinion, but with (2) 80015 jets, a Hybrid Greenglide and soft pull trigger, we do love this tool.

One I had built by PMF the other I got from John Olson. The first one I got has 1/4 inch size jets, the one from John Olson has 1/8 inch size jets with adaptors. Both work great. I am thinking about ordering 1/4 size for both and then experimenting with check valve extenders as well. Just on my "To Do" list and haven't got to it yet.

20130909_080919_zps0864cdae.jpg

20130909_080915_zps02df75cb.jpg

20130909_080906_zpsca11874a.jpg

20130909_0809441_zps3f08900c.jpg

20130909_080950_zps2542ce81.jpg

20130909_081108_zps1b8c10e4.jpg

20130909_081145_zps181d039a.jpg

Flushing out Red Iron Ore from steps (not really easy all the time)

2013-04-16121146_zpse817861f.jpg

2013-04-16120223_zps031e6136.jpg

Before new jets were replaced for this worn out jet (we took the pic to get the correct jet number at the time)
2013-02-10114400_zpsdeac2052.jpg

Link to the video mentioned where Jeremy was cleaning a set of steps with it (brief looks at that at :25 seconds and :44 seconds.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nOdeq6QWxw

Mark

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Any of you guys have any videos of your step cleaning process? I see everybody using these bigger wands for step and that just looks like a bear. I use a much smaller hand tool, sure it's more bending over but it enables me to get the nosing and the risers very well. Anyway just curious as to what process everybody else is using.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Any of you guys have any videos of your step cleaning process? I see everybody using these bigger wands for step and that just looks like a bear. I use a much smaller hand tool, sure it's more bending over but it enables me to get the nosing and the risers very well. Anyway just curious as to what process everybody else is using.

Someone actually posted a few vids awhile back , was thinking Mikey might have posted one of his Son, FRED Fetch : )
It is exactly as you would imagine. To clean the faces you gotta flip the wand over and Man Handle it : )
First set is always the worst, you get better. Watch the ceilings if there are any.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
What about the nose? With my stair tool I can easily go sideways across the nosing. If I'm flipping a wand u can't do that.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
What about the nose? With my stair tool I can easily go sideways across the nosing. If I'm flipping a wand u can't do that.

You follow the nose around and off the edge coming from the top, then ya flip an pull up so your removing the agua.

It's not for the limp wristers thats fur sure. Alot of one arm work as the other stabilizes n works the magical lever

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I have 2 shorter stair tools I've never used. I'll have to give it a try

SamIam

Name
sam miller

I bought the prochem stair tool with the 2 in mouth the smaller one paid a pretty penny for it.

Couldn't stand the thing my local distributor bought it vac off my for $50.00
http://www.prochem.com/ViewCategories.aspx?Pid=776

I prefer one where I can use a 1.5 inch hose for maneuverability and to pipe the bull nose.

I love a vinyl cuff for that.

Not that I mind paying the 100% mark up on all prochem tools, I have lots of their stuff already.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom