New stair tool

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
IMG_6139.jpg

I took the glide off my short prochem stair tool and use it pretty much all the time...it is what I am use to and I like how I can move it around better....I can turn it side ways for the bull nose and flip it easy for a dirty riser........

the one hanging to the right of it is the one I got from Greenie...I use that one on RV's and sometimes in tight places....

the swivel head hanging next to that ..I have 2 of them and took them off the trucks and pitched them in the shed..............I hate those things....

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
What about the nose? With my stair tool I can easily go sideways across the nosing. If I'm flipping a wand u can't do that.

I am with you Justin.
I have the PMF, 6" tool. Took the handle off, so I can easily flip it every which direction. Very light, easy to handle and maneuver- and you can reach everywhere. Particularly the nose of the stair that needs close and personal attention.

Only draw back is that you needs to work on your knees. I don't find it to be a problem, as that way I can keep my back absolutely straight. It also allows me to get the stair's nose cleaned really well both vertically and horizontally. And the nose is always the area most likely to be an issue.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Any of you guys have any videos of your step cleaning process? I see everybody using these bigger wands for step and that just looks like a bear. I use a much smaller hand tool, sure it's more bending over but it enables me to get the nosing and the risers very well. Anyway just curious as to what process everybody else is using.

Check out this video on one of my Facebook pages: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=423479144354209&set=vb.100000763808103&type=3&theater

All the carpets prior this video had been prevaced, agitated with a small crb unit and this is the extraction. You will notice we have a cool cuff on the end of the hose that we use to clean up and remove the remaining water off the bull nose.

Here is also a pic of the CRB machine we use.

2012-09-11132109_zps01f0e4fc.jpg

2012-04-04100334_zps50bc6411.jpg

20120201_194852.jpg

20120201_200755.jpg

Mark

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Thanks for the link Mark. I'll definitely try it that way to compare. What crb is that?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Thanks for the link Mark. I'll definitely try it that way to compare. What crb is that?

Brush and Clean 10 inch model

TM3

http://brushandclean.com/newsite/pages/en/carpcleanmach.html

http://brushandclean.com/newsite/

They are smaller than the others, but still have a lot of weight to them, very durable, well made and fit in the van well.

Really like them for agitating the stairs and the bullnose of the stairs. I think John Olson can also get them yet. Got mine during connections a few years back from Interlink supply.

Every now and then , you might come across a used one on ebay. Not too common though.

Mark

John Olson

Name
John Olson
WTF tony knows no limit does he. Wonder what the hanks have to say about him using there part number to scam people. And he is no where near Utah. Friends. Not all money is good money. If we don't start pulling together as Americans there will be no way to save us. You might think it is no big deal to buy cheap "slave" labor built knock offs but it is. I am guilty myself I bought and sold some when we first started until a customer pointed out my hypocrisy without even knowing it. He was asking me what I would buy and why so I told him. He looked me in the eye and asked me"if you wouldn't buy it and I shouldn't buy it, why are you selling it?" That day I put them up for sale at cost and got them out of my store and have not brought them back. It is your money and your choice and you might not think it matters but it absolutely does. Apathy,greed and selfishness has our country on the brink and no, buying a "slave" labor knock off wand isn't going to bring the house of cards down but it sure weakens it.
I'm certain most don't give a shit as long as they are getting what they think is a good deal but if just one of you stop and think then this is worth it.

Ill give anyone that bought one of these half of what they paid for it as credit towards an Americans built tool of their choice no matter the condition and I'll pay the shipping to me. If we get enough I'm going to practice my welding and make a MB sculpture out of them.

Last edited:
J

JS41035

If the people making the products only make a true daily living wage. (Enough to not starve that day) Don't kid yourself ,that's slave labor. Telling yourself that the labor is happy to have the work is like saying slaves in 1850 were happy to have a place to stay and food to eat. It boils down to people being exploited so someone else can have a cheaper product or better standard of living.
Maybe a bit of a rant but when you've seen those sweatshops it's hard to feel good about that cheap shirt or cheap wand.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
If the people making the products only make a true daily living wage. (Enough to not starve that day) Don't kid yourself ,that's slave labor. Telling yourself that the labor is happy to have the work is like saying slaves in 1850 were happy to have a place to stay and food to eat. It boils down to people being exploited so someone else can have a cheaper product or better standard of living.
Maybe a bit of a rant but when you've seen those sweatshops it's hard to feel good about that cheap shirt or cheap wand.

So being exploited and making pennies is worse then making nothing and starving????

The Bible says if a man doesn't work he shouldn't eat! here in America we have a safety net to help people out of work welfare ect.

What programs do these third world countries have???????

Not that I'm for not buying American, but a Prochem tool costs about $180.00 distributor cost and retails for $360.00 retail the labor probably getting $40.00 to build these tools, the rest gets spread around by the manufacturer and retailer and raw materials.

I bought a PC stair tool didn't care for 2 inch flange for the hose I prefer the straight 1.5 inch so I can use a whip. God bless everybody else who prefers the 2 inch its a great tool.

Hopefully labor laws change in other countries to help better the lives of the worker.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Erik

SamIam

Name
sam miller
One last thing I thought Larry was a board supporter, but every time a thread pops up about anything he sells he gets the third degree and raped! I didn't realize I was only supposed to buy from one supporter not all. To which I would say I spend a lot with about 5 different advertisers here.

Reactions: Willy P
J

JS41035

Is it worse than nothing? No I would agree it's better to have a job , any job to work for your family. And I agree about the crazy markup on almost everything that has to do with carpet cleaning. My comment wasn't directed at anyone. More of a personal opinion about what happens overseas where cheap stuff is made.

Reactions: SamIam

Able 1

Name
Keith
Azzburgers, lol

I could use a stair tool. That GreenHorn is a Mother to flip and fight :)

I have a couple prochem stair tools shoot me a price you are willing to pay I think we can work a deal.. I'm going with all cut down Ti wands.

Last edited:

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I bought a brand new AW29 step tool off ebay .. the vac slot between the lips are too wide (front to back) and I'm looking to sell it

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
So being exploited and making pennies is worse then making nothing and starving????

The Bible says if a man doesn't work he shouldn't eat! here in America we have a safety net to help people out of work welfare ect.

What programs do these third world countries have???????

Not that I'm for not buying American, but a Prochem tool costs about $180.00 distributor cost and retails for $360.00 retail the labor probably getting $40.00 to build these tools, the rest gets spread around by the manufacturer and retailer and raw materials.

I bought a PC stair tool didn't care for 2 inch flange for the hose I prefer the straight 1.5 inch so I can use a whip. God bless everybody else who prefers the 2 inch its a great tool.

Hopefully labor laws change in other countries to help better the lives of the worker.

Sam I don't know where your getting your math but someone fed you a line of shit. I wish they cost $180 and I bet PMF wishes they could make them for $40. If your going to quote numbers at least try to be semi close. Remember I'm A flagship Prochem distributor I get best price as well as a PMF distributor so again best price. Our margins on tools and machines suck. The only ones getting rich off the ROI is the cleaner as a PMF/Prochem tool will out work and out live all of us. The same cannot be said for the 'nese wands. If money was the driving factor those would be what I would sell as those fall apart and have to be replaced often. Those are facts not the false numbers someone gave you.

Reactions: GCCLee

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Its been 20 tears since I distributed for Prochem. I bought mine at cost from them years ago.

I used to get a 365 lb drum of formula 90 from chemspec delivered for $400.00 to my house the price has gone up considerably, I no longer have access to their products as a distributor.

My claim was $40.00 in labor costs if I'm low I apologize its really none of my business.

My claims are based on what I had access to 20 years ago
best guess yes, but I doubt seriously your running any less mark up then Empire floor machine in Northridge.

I really don't care I hope you do well, retire well, live well. I just stated were I bought the tool Larry he's a board supporter also, if its wrong to buy from Larry don't let him advertise here.

Your entitled to your opinion and can say thats a product Larry shouldn't carry and why but to assume those us who bought are stealing from someone and supporting the wrong agenda becomes preachy and irritating.

I personally don't owe Prochem anything.

I bought 4 of their machines 2 water softeners an upholstery tool, stair tool 2 Ti wands 2 quad wands. And tens of thousand worth of chemicals

Mikey P

Administrator
Not sure who you're talking to but Tony Dang nor his products are not who welcome here.i I would ask Larry to not promote his stuff if I thought he gave a shit.

Reactions: SamIam

Billy

Name
BH

John PMF out living us may be a little off since I just had to replace my 20 yr old PMF 40" Heavy Duty Stair Tool & we all know I am far from a Heavy Volume user:biggrin::icon_razz:

I may have the old one fixed at some point but I needed it replaced so purchased a new one the other day.

P.S. I did purchase another PMF though.

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I gotta make sure i get home from aptos before I buy more goodies.

Much appreciation Though : )

Sent from da middle of a Trailure park

Reactions: Able 1

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I just want to apologize. I started this thread thinking I was supporting a board advertiser not promoting unAmerican products. I know I shouldn't take it personally but I kind of felt attacked. I realized John and Mike were only pointing out Tony Dang as the bad guy. My defensive response was just me popping off when I get a hair up my butt. Sorry you guys are the best.

I used the swag method and not real accounting in my guesstimates.

Last edited:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
living in the US gives you a profitable advantage. Since most, if not all, of the carpet cleaning tools are made in the US, you work one or two jobs and can even get free shipping at times.
Whereas I live in Canada, when our dollar drops not only am I paying extra just on the exchange, but then there's the shipping and brokerage to get across the border. I end up working one to two jobs extra to pay for the same tool/chem.
So price AND quality come into play.
I've been using the same stair tool since 96 which came with the Big Red I bought. He probably had it since around 88 or earlier. original valve as far as I know, I've never replaced it (can't get a replacement-at least not from a supplier up here)

Here's my stair cleaning vid:

[video=youtube_share;oRxJ4sNoZJQ]http://youtu.be/oRxJ4sNoZJQ[/video]

btw, where did you buy those tool hangers Mark?

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
living in the US gives you a profitable advantage. Since most, if not all, of the carpet cleaning tools are made in the US, you work one or two jobs and can even get free shipping at times.
Whereas I live in Canada, when our dollar drops not only am I paying extra just on the exchange, but then there's the shipping and brokerage to get across the border. I end up working one to two jobs extra to pay for the same tool/chem.
So price AND quality come into play.
I've been using the same stair tool since 96 which came with the Big Red I bought. He probably had it since around 88 or earlier. original valve as far as I know, I've never replaced it (can't get a replacement-at least not from a supplier up here)

Here's my stair cleaning vid:

[video=youtube_share;oRxJ4sNoZJQ]http://youtu.be/oRxJ4sNoZJQ[/video]

btw, where did you buy those tool hangers Mark?

Ron,

That is actually a pic in Jims Martins rig, but I use the same hangers also in places on my Butlers. They are from Home Depot for me and are a Rubbermaid hanging system. I only use the hooks ,but I see Jim has the track system too.

Work very well.

Mark Saiger

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I just want to apologize. I started this thread thinking I was supporting a board advertiser not promoting unAmerican products. I know I shouldn't take it personally but I kind of felt attacked. I realized John and Mike were only pointing out Tony Dang as the bad guy. My defensive response was just me popping off when I get a hair up my butt. Sorry you guys are the best.

I used the swag method and not real accounting in my guesstimates.
No worries Sam. yes I preach... A LOT...life is to short not stand for something. No one is perfect I make more mistakes every day then the average human and as a whole I spent most of my life as a POS who only cared about himself and I have to remind myself every day not to be that guy. I also get what I type and how I am reading and thinking it doesn't come across the same or maybe it does and I just don't see my self righteous, arrogant asshole side the way everyone else does..in the end I want all of my friends and their families to have the best life possible while on this rock, because it all ends long before we are ready.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I think I'm about to land a job cleaning the common areas for a property manager we clean for. LOTS of stairs so I need to make quick work out of them without killing my back. My current stair tool has a short handle and it's very hard on my back when I'm cleaning a lot of them.

What do you guys think of this one? I believe it's made by PMF:

http://www.superiorcleaningsolutions.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=AW20

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
John & Mikey;

Tony has purchased Booth #204 at Las Vegas.

Maybe you should talk to him face-to-face . . . instead of whining about his tool design.

Sam , I don't think you owe anybody an apology . . .

Everybody in the U.S. buys things everyday, that are made in third-world countries.

That is how those countries move their standard of living up.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom