New TM Installed!!!

ascrubabove

6:00 am on 30 Dec. I drove 2.5 hrs, sat around looking at a bunch of stuff that I could live without but just had too have, 6 hrs later TM installation complete, 2.5 hr drive home, 2 hrs explaining to my wife why I had to spend the extra $600.00. Next day cleaned all carpets in my house, now I hate my porty!!!!!!!!!!!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ascrubabove said:
6:00 am on 30 Dec. I drove 2.5 hrs, sat around looking at a bunch of stuff that I could live without but just had too have, 6 hrs later TM installation complete, 2.5 hr drive home, 2 hrs explaining to my wife why I had to spend the extra $600.00. Next day cleaned all carpets in my house, now I hate my porty!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Dude!

ascrubabove said:
now I hate my porty!!!!!!!!!!!

yea, we knew that would would happen

so whaddya get?

..L.T.A.

SuperFly

Maybe thats why he aint postin pics.. Got a ugly TM.. :lol: Whatever ya got Congrats..! Keep the porty for backup.. You never know..!

ascrubabove

Got the Sun-Belt TNT (made by Judson), I will get some pics up soon. Wife and I are on good terms now (she's not mechanical and didn't understand "wand upgrade" or "live solution reel"), she does know that I finish a job alot faster! Got my first restaurant (pizza joint) job comming up on the 12th.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Congrats! Purdy!

However, I would remove the divider and move the TM forward to the seats. TM will be more accessible for service and you will have more room in the rear.

A 12- 18" setback for the chem jug is a waste of space. You can put it anywhere.

If you move the heater against the driver's-side bulkhead you can climb into the cargo area from the side (a major convenience) and gain a more usable storage area.

But maybe I'm not seeing everything in that picture.

TimP

I'd rather the TM be forward if there wasn't a reason too. I'd also want some chemical racks. Mytee has some rotomolded ones coming out soon and they should be like 240 plus shipping probably. I actually want a set myself.

Other than that all I can say is a freaking slide in takes up a ton of space in a van.

Here is the back of mine with a PTO water tank and reels...and I know it's not really that clean

IMG_3220.jpg

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Tim,

Get to Lowe's and buy some anti-fatigue rubber mat for your cargo deck. Keeps stuff from sliding around and from getting scratched and beat-up.

Would post pics, but like Bawbo, don't know how and don't want to learn.

The Preacher

i can put a cimex, 17" rotary, drag wand and a covered container to carry my uph tools and stuff in my slide in set up!!! plus i have a chem rack!

Tim, does that RX roll back and forth laying down like that???

T

The Magician

A scrub, nice looking TM. Did you get the # 3 heater? What kind of heat do you get?

Name
BradFenstermaker
Scrubber nice looking rig. Be proud of it!

Live with the install and later if you decide on moving it do it yourself.

Hope it makes you lots of money. Take care of it and it will take care of you.

TimP

Danny Strickland said:

No it doesn't roll at all, but then again I don't drive in the city. Also notice that the floor is lined with that paint stuff they use it does have a rubbery grip to it. I can put a gallon of chemicals on my water tank and it don't move a bit in normal driving unless I hit a big bump or something

I have one of the holders for the RX but it's too much of a PITA.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
TimP said:
Danny Strickland said:

No it doesn't roll at all, but then again I don't drive in the city. Also notice that the floor is lined with that paint stuff they use it does have a rubbery grip to it. I can put a gallon of chemicals on my water tank and it don't move a bit in normal driving unless I hit a big bump or something

I have one of the holders for the RX but it's too much of a PITA.

I also have liner under the thick rubber mat. The mat really protects and holds equipment in place. Sections are about 3X3' and interlock. You can trim to cover your entire deck. Holes allow spills to drain and keep equipment dry.

Chris A

Name
Chris
What I hate is that rubber bedliner gets so nasty, its really tough to keep clean

ascrubabove

John La Rue said:
Congrats! Purdy!

However, I would remove the divider and move the TM forward to the seats. TM will be more accessible for service and you will have more room in the rear.

A 12- 18" setback for the chem jug is a waste of space. You can put it anywhere.

If you move the heater against the driver's-side bulkhead you can climb into the cargo area from the side (a major convenience) and gain a more usable storage area.

But maybe I'm not seeing everything in that picture.

They told me about the divider takimg up room but I kept it for safety reasons (things tend to keep moving when you stop suddenly!). I walked into the maint area during the install and caught this yaa-hoo trying to put the TM and hose reel side by side over the rear axle! :evil: I think I was lucky they didn't install it upsidedown. I will do some tweeking and moving things around.

ascrubabove

The Magician said:
A scrub, nice looking TM. Did you get the # 3 heater? What kind of heat do you get?

Yes #3 heater, the install guys said they set it to 220 (on TM gauge) but yesterday I was cleaning a 10x12 rug on the driveway next to the van and with the wand triggered it was holding 260!! I almost crapped my pants :shock:, I adjusted it down a little :wink:

Greenie

Don't adjust the heater down, bump your wand jets up to the next size and clean faster, and better, USE that heat brother!

TimP

You can get 260 out of a 3ht with no preheating??????

I'm tempted to throw in the 3ht I have sitting in my garage in my PTO just thinking about that. I want 240 ATM....gotta be pretty damn hot keeping that constant.

Greenie

That is why I asked about jets, I suspect the jets are too small, for a 120K heater to produce that temp, the flow has to be choked back a bit.....let it flow, let it flow, let it flow.

Back
Top Bottom