New TM Installed!!!

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
Do you have a fresh water tank ? Didn't see one in the photos. Who installed it for you? I'm gettin' one next week. High flow and all.

bobkinnarney

Hi Jim, Welcome to the wonderful world of carpet cleaning. I am just down the road from you in Hubert. Give me a call and we can talk shop and give you some pointers about the biz in our area. Good luck on your new purchase!

Bob

Name
Jesse
TimP said:
You can get 260 out of a 3ht with no preheating??????

I'm tempted to throw in the 3ht I have sitting in my garage in my PTO just thinking about that. I want 240 ATM....gotta be pretty damn hot keeping that constant.

Don't those Judsons have coolant heat-exchangers that make 210F?

A 3ht will give a 60 degree rise at 2.5 gpm, and 120 degrees at 1.5gpm. It averages out to about 90-100 degree's when cleaning with a high flow wand.

Name
Nate W.
Out Of Character said:
TimP said:
You can get 260 out of a 3ht with no preheating??????

I'm tempted to throw in the 3ht I have sitting in my garage in my PTO just thinking about that. I want 240 ATM....gotta be pretty damn hot keeping that constant.

Don't those Judsons have coolant heat-exchangers that make 210F?

A 3ht will give a 60 degree rise at 2.5 gpm, and 120 degrees at 1.5gpm. It averages out to about 90-100 degree's when cleaning with a high flow wand.

I believe the TNT like pictured is aircooled. The reactor on the other hand is watercooled. From what I read and understand, the reactor has the preheated water that heats to 210F.

ascrubabove

Air cooled 20 hp kohler, all the heat comes from the 3ht, may have too do like greenie said and put in some bigger jets, got the 11.5" prochem wand, just looked at the jets 303 stainless steel, they came stock with the wand, what size should replace them with?

TimP

I'd say you want to be in the .10 to .12 flow or higher.

How many jets does the wand have? if you have 4 jets at .03 then you should be fine with your flow.

TimP

Your temp gauge may not be working right. Cause a 3ht with 10-12 flow shouldn't hold anything over 220-230. You should get a 120 deg rise max based on above. unless the water coming in is above 100 deg which I doubt this time of year.

Greenie

You are reading teh side of the jet, read the top, it will say something like 95 01 or 95 015, you could bump slightly up to a 95 02 and you'll see more net heat with that 3HT, this would be a good starting point.

Personally if you are gonna throw out $40 for some new jets, I'd get 110 02 and buy some checkvalve jet extenders from Sunbelt or Les and get them jets a little closer to the carpet, ask for the "short" checkvalve jet extenders, the long ones are for the Titanium.

I'll try and get Les to post some New pics of the New TNT with improvements.

The Reactor is very reliable and simple for a HX machine, but nothign can touch the LP burner TNT for reliability, and return on investment.

Greenie

Tim, I won't say you are wrong, cause you really aren't, flow is a good thing, but I try not to give broadterm advice on stand alone heater applications.

His fresh water supply temp. is going seriously impact his net operating temps, while some are plenty happy with 180Âş water and higher flow, some have applications like a greasy restaurant where slightly less flow and high heat are desireable.

If he starts with 50Âş water in his tank (winter), and he is flowing 1.5 gpm through his wand, it will take all of that 120,000 btu heater to bring that 1.5 gpm to Boiling from 50Âş, and hold it there at 212Âş. If he increases to a full 2.0 gpm he may not be as happy with his less than stellar heat on a grease pit. It's all about the balance.

TimP

Greenie said:
Tim, I won't say you are wrong, cause you really aren't, flow is a good thing, but I try not to give broadterm advice on stand alone heater applications.

His fresh water supply temp. is going seriously impact his net operating temps, while some are plenty happy with 180Âş water and higher flow, some have applications like a greasy restaurant where slightly less flow and high heat are desireable.

If he starts with 50Âş water in his tank (winter), and he is flowing 1.5 gpm through his wand, it will take all of that 120,000 btu heater to bring that 1.5 gpm to Boiling from 50Âş, and hold it there at 212Âş. If he increases to a full 2.0 gpm he may not be as happy with his less than stellar heat on a grease pit. It's all about the balance.

Of course I agree with you. He may want to try 02's if he isn't getting enough heat. Wouldn't be a bad idea to carry a variety in that case. I guess that's a nice thing about heat exchange. While I'm doing dry strokes the water is heating in the heat exchangers and my over all flow rate through the heat exchanger is lower I suppose, I don't know about the LP heater and heating in it's exhanger in the little giant. I've never used one of the LP heaters yet, but I do know I love the high flow.

ascrubabove

Gauge is correct, checked it several times while cleaning the pizza place. I stood next too the TM and keyd the wand for 10 min. Water temp did not fall below 230. Disconnected wand and hooked up a open end hose, let it run at full flow for about 3 min, same results!

TimP

ascrubabove said:
Gauge is correct, checked it several times while cleaning the pizza place. I stood next too the TM and keyd the wand for 10 min. Water temp did not fall below 230. Disconnected wand and hooked up a open end hose, let it run at full flow for about 3 min, same results!

Hard to believe you get 230 deg heat out of full flow of a solution line at 2-3 gpm. You would have just live steam coming out of that hose at 230 at that flow too.

Name
Jesse
Is that hooked up to the restaurants hot water, what's the inlet temp? If it wasn't 120-140 somethings not right, kinda like if your stock van was running 11's in the quarter mile.

Your gauge may be faulty, or you may have a bad fitting reducing your flow. I'd bucket test it to make sure your getting at least 2gpm through a open 1/4 hose and also try another thermometer.

Greenie

I estimate roughly: It takes 121,600 Btu per Hour (or 2,027 btu per min) to raise 1.5 gallons of 50Âş cold water to boiling in 1 min.

It's physically impossible to flow through an open hose at anything over 2 gal. per min. and get boing water with a #3HT.

Are you sure you didn't buy a #4HT? It has 50% more Btus avail, and makes a huge difference. What does it say on teh sticker on the side of the heater?

G

:shock: Am I the only one that worries about popping a hose with that heat?

ascrubabove

I didn't see the water hookup cause one of the kids working there brought thier hose out too me, so it is very possible that it was a hot water hookup that they use to clean stuff up with, whitch would explain alot, also I was only running 400 psi as they warned me during the install "that was all the pressure the 3ht could handle". Is that true?

Greenie

A standard coil is 600psi sustained, and a high pressure is 1000 psi sustained.

yup...running preheated water would explain your scenario...mostly....lol

ascrubabove

The pizza place was my first restraurant carpet cleaning, they told me that they never thought that old carpet would get that clean, Manager said the last guy that cleaned it didn't even pre-spray!!!!!!

Name
Nate W.
ascrubabove said:
The pizza place was my first restraurant carpet cleaning, they told me that they never thought that old carpet would get that clean, Manager said the last guy that cleaned it didn't even pre-spray!!!!!!

Must have been Bob as the last cleaner. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom