New to Me TNT

Name
BradFenstermaker
1670 hrs TNT and 98 Chevy 2500 with 71800 miles when I bought it this Monday. This cream puff was listed here back in November.

Have had a few minor repairs to the unit. All purchased local and installed myself.
She is dialed in good now and working great.

3HT was set wrong but fixed that thanks to Ades Gros and Gargan. Les called with more suggestions.

Just wish the truck was an extended. This will probably get rearranged sooner than later.

The Previous Owner basically gave me everything in the Van. THey are retireing. I just have to load 3 or 4 things from my other truck.

th_VID00014_zps5b4ecd73.jpg

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Won't play for me... Could be a problem on my end tho..

Mikey P

Administrator
click on the photo to play his video

did all that stuff come with the deal?

Consider putting the unit in the side so the engine "power ventilates" the heat out the back..

Name
BradFenstermaker
Yes I was very pleased with the deal I got on this setup. Ades was nice enough to go look at for me. Things fell into place and I drove 540 miles with a wad in my pocket.

Mike the company closed 2 yrs ago officially. I asked twice if he needed anything out of the van. He said NO! 1 wand is mine, 2 jugs of cleaner and a hydroforce. Everything else came with the truck. Clipboard and tools in front mine also.

Unit sat longer than I thought. 7-9 yrs old they bought new. So not a heavily used Truck. Low heat so I cleaned the burner. No help. Ades mentioned Les's vids. The thermostat was set to shut off and 165 degrees. Hit 210 with it today.

Suction side hose clamp loose, that fixed the 200 psi drop. Leaky dump valve replaced got my vac to screaming. Still have to replace the blower to tank elbow sometime next week.

I am very impressed with the Strength this unit has. Hope to get it in a box Van later this year.

Reactions: Scott Rogers
Name
BradFenstermaker
I am going to measure the Unit, and see if I can slide it inside the van. Doubtful though. I have a friend with a forklift. Gonna ask Les how they pick there's up. Don't need a vent in the dumptank. LOL

Martay yall woodnt understained me banjo song anyways.

Ron it is definetely a 3HT. Smells a whole lot better than the Kero days with the Wayne Burner.

I hope to gain more Profit with this new setup, Vortex is killing me in the back pocket. Small accident with Vortex and a Light pole in a down pour a few weeks back. The light pole won!

Ins woodn't total even though it needs a cab. It still funtions just banged up a bit. So I fixed it with the CHevy/TNT. Vortex will prob get parted out or sold in spring after I clear the other 1 worthy.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Brad, sorry to hear about the incident with the V, sounds like a little more than a small accident. Sorry to hear because they are disappearing one by one.

Scott Rogers

I am going to measure the Unit, and see if I can slide it inside the van.

Try it out for a couple months before you move it. For a rural area with long driveways a rear set up is so much more convenient. back up to the house everything is right there to get going. and doesnt matter what side of the drive way the house is on. if u back in your always facing the right direction.

Side setups work best when your in a city area where u usually park on the street. but for me everything in the back doors is way better for rural areas.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Billy the V is pretty good except the passenger side was crunched bad. Have a hump in the floor board from the wrinkle effect. Door wont open. A used cab would fix it up nice. AC condenser beat up too.

It still runs and cleans like a V.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I saw it for sale on there a few times too. Glad you were able to pick it up.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The only issue I have with the rear setup is fishtailing and if the unit isn't too heavy you may not even get that.

We had two setup in the rear a 1,000 lb unit that was a pain and a smaller 600 lb unit that worked out fine. I agree with the Porkchop, doesn't matter as far as working out of.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The only issue I have with the rear setup is fishtailing and if the unit isn't too heavy you may not even get that.

We had two setup in the rear a 1,000 lb unit that was a pain and a smaller 600 lb unit that worked out fine.<b> I agree with the Porkchop</b>, doesn't matter as far as working out of.

Yup!

Name
BradFenstermaker
I tested the unit in the morning and jumped in driving it 540 miles back. It really handles better than I expected.

TNT only weighs in at 550 lbs. Squeezed in my 100 gal water tank today behind the machine.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea thats not much weight for the machine, your water tank weights more when full. I think you'd be fine if you decided to leave it Brad. All the issues we had was with a much heavier unit. It ripped a low ply tire when fully loaded. Fishtailed in the wind, rain & snow. Just not the best setup for the weight.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Brad, congrats on the unit. You've proved you can be successful no matter what type of setup you have......good job!

Back
Top Bottom