New to the business and looking for advice

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
Turn off the ball valve and pull the trigger on the tool to realease pressure. Every single hose should have a ball valve.
Are you saying that every hose does have one, or that they should have one? Cause I’m pretty sure mine don’t. And I know, I should have put the tabs down but that cabinet in the picture is heavy as hell and I tried to avoid it.

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
I have a question about spotting/stain removal. Is it something that is done prior to the cleaning? Or should I do my regular cleaning, see what comes out and then spot treat?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have a question about spotting/stain removal. Is it something that is done prior to the cleaning? Or should I do my regular cleaning, see what comes out and then spot treat?
It depends on the stain. Things that don't come out with regular cleaning are red wine, coffee and almost any thing with color. Best to treat with these first with the appropriate product then rinse. You should take a spotting course, it will save you money.

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
It depends on the stain. Things that don't come out with regular cleaning are red wine, coffee and almost any thing with color. Best to treat with these first with the appropriate product then rinse. You should take a spotting course, it will save you money.

Ok those ones I knew didn’t come out easily. I got a free rug off Facebook and completely trashed it with anything I could think of for stains.

Ink toner, sharpie, ball point pen ink, all sorts of makeup and food stains, juice, Gatorade, playdoh and slime, coffee, gum, house paint, a little of everything.

A course sounds nice but there’s so much info online I’d rather just teach myself. The problem I had was finding WHEN people spot or do stain removal.

Now I’m just waiting on my inline filter to get here before cleaning it. This rug has so much dog hair on it that it might as well be a dog. And it reeks of piss so strong that it literally burns your nose. Figured this is the perfect thing to get some real practice in on.

Reactions: Noidios

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ok those ones I knew didn’t come out easily. I got a free rug off Facebook and completely trashed it with anything I could think of for stains.

Ink toner, sharpie, ball point pen ink, all sorts of makeup and food stains, juice, Gatorade, playdoh and slime, coffee, gum, house paint, a little of everything.

A course sounds nice but there’s so much info online I’d rather just teach myself. The problem I had was finding WHEN people spot or do stain removal.

Now I’m just waiting on my inline filter to get here before cleaning it. This rug has so much dog hair on it that it might as well be a dog. And it reeks of piss so strong that it literally burns your nose. Figured this is the perfect thing to get some real practice in on.
A course will teach you when to pre spot or post spot. There is chemistry behind the spotting process. Learning the chemistry makes your spotting chemicals make sense. Trying to learn online is ok but a good course will open your eyes a lot sooner.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Pro's Choice has a decent stain removal class on youtube. It will give you the basics at least. Look up Pro's Choice stain class.

Reactions: Anthony E

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
Pro's Choice has a decent stain removal class on youtube. It will give you the basics at least. Look up Pro's Choice stain class.
Haven’t check in in a while but thank you. I saved a whole bunch of their stuff. I’ve seen so many videos on YouTube but somehow didn’t come across any of the pros choice stuff

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Buying gear is the easy and fun part.

Figuring out a way to use your gear for profit is the hard part.

That said... figure out a way to get a TM or you'll hate your life and you'll have a hard time satisfying customers and getting referrals.

Mikey P

Administrator

That said... figure out a way to get a TM or you'll hate your life and you'll have a hard time satisfying customers and getting referrals.

he's 19 and lives with his parents...

His mom not buying his favorite frosted breakfast cereal is more upsetting than taking too long on his one job this week.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
"figure out a way to get a TM or you'll hate your life and you'll have a hard time satisfying customers and getting referrals."..Chris

That statement has been proven not to be totally correct. And, I for one having disproved that over a long, long time. Everything depends on the type/kind/model of equipment being used; how it is used, and of course, the most important aspect of a successful business: The Operator.

Reactions: Anthony E
F

FB7777

Or...

he could listen to the Pros that have used both Portables amd Truckmounts for extended periods of time ( in my case decades)

or they can listen to guys that only sell one solution

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
Just an update here, we’ve bought a TM, have all the equipment, and are currently waiting for business bullshit to come in the mail and it’s taking an eternity with everything going on. We’ve already been waiting for 2 months just to see if our business name gets approved or not.

Technically I COULD start working right now but I don’t want to look unprofessional. No business name, no business cards, no website, (Not doing any of that till I know I can) so if I do a job and they DO want to refer me, what the hell do they tell other people? “Hey this guy cleaned my house but they don’t have a company name but here’s a number you can call.” Idk if it’s just me but I wouldn’t call that company.

Not sure if that was a diss from Mikey or sarcasm that went right over my head, either way we’ve spent 35k cash on this business, have mostly top of the line equipment, and still have cash left over. I think I’m doing alright.

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards

Yea I agree, the fun parts done and now I need to focus on making money. But if you read my post above I can’t really do anything right now cause the government is so ****** right now and they’re taking for ever to get a simple form back to me. I’ve been doing practice jobs while we wait but I’m getting impatient

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Just an update here, we’ve bought a TM, have all the equipment, and are currently waiting for business bullshit to come in the mail and it’s taking an eternity with everything going on. We’ve already been waiting for 2 months just to see if our business name gets approved or not.

Technically I COULD start working right now but I don’t want to look unprofessional. No business name, no business cards, no website, (Not doing any of that till I know I can) so if I do a job and they DO want to refer me, what the hell do they tell other people? “Hey this guy cleaned my house but they don’t have a company name but here’s a number you can call.” Idk if it’s just me but I wouldn’t call that company.

Not sure if that was a diss from Mikey or sarcasm that went right over my head, either way we’ve spent 35k cash on this business, have mostly top of the line equipment, and still have cash left over. I think I’m doing alright.
Do up some temporary cards with the name you chose and your phone number and start hustling. If your name isn't approved, they still have your number. Make you're fully insured and compliant with workman's comp.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
Do up some temporary cards with the name you chose and your phone number and start hustling. If your name isn't approved, they still have your number. Make you're fully insured and compliant with workman's comp.
Yea good point. We have very good insurance and is workman’s comp necessary if I’m working solo?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yea good point. We have very good insurance and is workman’s comp necessary if I’m working solo?
It's necessary to get commercial work usually. Many property management companies and other commercial operations want to see coverage. They fear you getting injured on their premises. For residential, not so much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom