New van car insurance

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
Last week I upgraded my 2003 Chevy express with a 2016 promaster.

I currently have state farm and a perfect driving record. My full coverage insurance was about 115 a month. They want to push it up to 260 on the promaster. This seems like a big jump.

Does it sound reasonable to you and does anyone know of an insurance company that works primarily with commercial policies that might be cheaper?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes price shop a commercial broker.

Commercial insurance is cheaper with companies that specialize in insuring businesses.

However, t should be expected to be more just because it will cost for a new Promaster than your old beater should you crack it up.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i used State Farm...for my work truck.....the agent wanted to look at my set-up...
so i drove it to their office and he checked it all out........as long as the machine is BOLTED to the van is is covered under yor NORMAL policy ....NO increase in price.......
back around 1975 my truck was stolen....
the truck was found a few days later sans the Big Red slide in....they paid me FULL retail price for the missing machine!
i love State Farm!

BTW........i have a 50 dollar deductible on my auto......an extra 24 bucks a YEAR over the 500 that most of yous has.....im over 60 and drive less than 12,000 mi /year

Last edited:

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
State Farm saw a slight curl on the shingles above the garage on our first house and said they were going to cancel our policy unless we got a new roof. Home inspector originally estimated aprox 7 more years before replacing. So we had a roof put on then cancelled our policy with them ending a 14 year relationship. My guess was the damaged shingles were from abuse of basket ball hoop being near by. Maybe not.

We are with Utica National now. We just bought a house last month and the insurance inspector discovered slight moss growth in the far corner under this giant tree and a couple of shingles looking like they want to curl. We have plans on adding a 3 season room and were planning roof replacement at the same time. Just not immediate. Luckily, the company we go through has this separate policy to cover roof at current value rather than full replacement unless we have a fire. Meaning no hurry to replace.

It just would have sucked to replace it then screw with it again when the addition was ready to build. So Im sure State Farm has been good to many but Im not a fan anymore. Although, Jake seems like a nice guy !!

Oh yeah Utica National seems to be reasonably priced. Make sure who ever you go with you read carefully at how much and what coverage you are getting. A few companies will claim cheaper than others but the coverage is less one way or another.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
CORRECTION:
earlier i stated that the difference between $50 deductible and $500 deductible was $24 a YEAR...
the actual amount is $24 a QUARTER...my bad

but thats STILL incredible...

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I use State Farm too. My 2015 van with new rage machine coverage is $119 a month. Something is not right with what they quoted you. I do live in Idaho, so risk is lower here.

Name
James Marsh
I bought a promaster 3500 and got screwed also. Went through a insurance broker. Im now with Mutual of Enumclaw. 300 thousand policy with a million comercial general for 2452 a year. This also covers my new everest 650. Van insurance itself was 2201. I like dealing with the same insurance for both auto and general liabilty. I have one accident on my record thats my fault.

Name
Todd
I'm farmers Ins. Van, Tm ( SS 370 ) and 1 mil liability is 140 per month but it is an 04 Astro / full coverage, 500 deductible but I'm out in the country_ Idaho

I always call the Ins Company before I make a purchase, Especially with motorcycles .

They can get spendy

Last edited:

Donwand

Supportive Member
Name
Brian
I pay $216 per month with Liberty Mutual on my 2011 GMC with 1,000,000 liabilty. The rate also includes a 100% replacement cost policy on my Butler.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom