New vs. Repeat Clients?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
What are your percentages?

Just running some reports from last year and developing the goals for 2016. For 2015, new customers were 56.2% and repeat 43.8.

We'd like to increase that repeat rate, but are stoked that we have gained so many new clients. Most our new business comes from referrals, so that tells us a lot. Even if our clients aren't "repeating" yearly, they are telling others about us and are loyal to us.

Reactions: Russ T.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Just finished year 3:

34% repeat
40% AL
8% Yelp
And the rest a mix of TT, billboards, referral, Google, FB, Van's, Amazon, etc

Reactions: PrimaDonna

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Yep... Billboards in the 5 mile radius from our location. Did it looking for help with name recognition, not necessarily ROI, but actually drew about even and gained some customers in the process. Only ended up doing it for six months though going in I told myself to commit to at least a year and gauge it from there. Maybe something we go back to down the road when we dabble in tv commercials and radio. But for now we are focused on growing our new city and rug cleaning side and letting O-town carpet cleaning and home cleaning grow its self.

Attachments

• 10384750_1039715626043934_5606060468850202790_n.jpg
    10384750_1039715626043934_5606060468850202790_n.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 249
Reactions: Art Kelley

hogjowl

Idiot™
We all spend a whole lot of time discussing advertising and we always find reasons not to do what we're discussing. We also spend a whole lot of time looking for that panacea that will bring us that coveted return rate that's in vogue in that particular thread, or board. And, we never find it.

I'm about ready to admit that my Father-in-law was right all those years ago when he told me a shot gun approach was the way to go.

He's got a $2 million a year pest control company.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I'm about ready to admit that my Father-in-law was right all those years ago when he told me a shot gun approach was the way to go.

For those of us who don't know your father in law....

What would he/you consider the "shotgun approach"???

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We all spend a whole lot of time discussing advertising and we always find reasons not to do what we're discussing. We also spend a whole lot of time looking for that panacea that will bring us that coveted return rate that's in vogue in that particular thread, or board. And, we never find it.

He's got a $2 million a year pest control company.
Are you saying he is spread across various media forms? I would agree with that. If you're saying just spend it with no concern about whether he 8s getting a return from that source...he's as dumb as you are. :winky:

Do you do any cross marketing with each other's clients?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Are you saying he is spread across various media forms? I would agree with that. If you're saying just spend it with no concern about whether he 8s getting a return from that source...he's as dumb as you are. :winky:

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. As his biz has grown, his marketing % has remained the same. So, now that he's in the millions, he's spread all over radio, TV, and everywhere. Even down to high school yearbooks. We've never discussed it, but I don't think he pays a whole lot of attention focusing on roi.

Do you do any cross marketing with each other's clients?

No. I'm a son in law. He's never helped me much at all in business, and I don't ask.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Smart guy...him not you. ;)

Seriously though, is his advertising % consistent with his industry?

Quit being a dick and work with him.

If he starts to piss you off, think how pissed he is that his daughter sleeps with YOU. You'll feel much better. :biggrin:

I'm saying what works for him will work for you. They work on weekly and monthly service contracts but his data base might be worth mailing to several times to see if you can pull any clients out of it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm not being a dick. I went to him with that idea 28 years ago starting out. I was met with stoney silence. My wife told me not to ask for help from him because he would give it when he was ready.

He's not ready yet.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL ok he is a dick.

But can you imagine his disappointment in her choice as a husband. :winky:

Gawd that guy is a dick! Gimme fiddy bucks and I'll rough him up for ya.

Actually I'll do it for free! :icon_twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom