New wand of the week...

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
In case you’re wondering why I’m buying all these wands...

I’m “dating” a new girl and she likes buying Christmas presents.

I trusted you Mike and got the wand you like second best.

Stock at 4 flow. Should I up it to 6 flow?

Not sure I like swivel wands. I like to step on the wand end when I’m trying to clean edges/filtration lines.

Mikey P

Administrator
Yep six flow is fine on that one and if it locks down on you get rid of the PMF glide on there that's too wide and it doesn't have any relief on the ends and get a greeny glide for it

Reactions: Meter Maid

Mikey P

Administrator
Every time Conway pisses me off which is often I think about cutting the window hole into the roof of mine and just saying a fu to thev swivel

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Yep six flow is fine on that one and if it locks down on you get rid of the PMF glide on there that's too wide and it doesn't have any relief on the ends and get a greeny glide for it
These channels on the glide aren’t enough? The go all the way through the glide.

C5DF78F7-56A0-4698-B20C-F69757AE2BAE.jpeg

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Not sure if I like swivel wands either, only swivel I've used was a week old dang.

Wasn't sloppy or too tight was just meh?
The window and extraction I liked
I’ve owned and used three swivel ones now, the Bentley that was way too loose, the Devastator 12 inch that was way too tight and lately the dang that was in the middle. Not sure why, but I don’t like using any of them.

My favorite wand so far has been the 13 inch Evolution, it just doesn’t stay seated on the carpet for good extraction. I’m hoping this newest wand will give me what I like about the evolution but better extraction.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Not sure if I like swivel wands either, only swivel I've used was a week old dang.

Wasn't sloppy or too tight was just meh?
The window and extraction I liked
I think it depends on where you use them. I had the opportunity working with a friend who had one of Toms 14 inch wands cleaning a large night club. There were lots of large tables with round bases that weren't being moved. Toms swivel worked great allowing us to clean around these tables in one easy motion. I can also see the advantage in residential, allowing you to clean under beds and other furniture that you may not be moving. It was also stiff enough to allow you to raise one end of the wand to pick up debris on the carpet. I will eventually buy one of Toms wands, probably the 12 inch x 1.5 inch tube, just a matter of priorities right now.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
This newest wand is perfect for my height, 6-3. The Devastator and Bentley made me feel like an ape.

Mikey P

Administrator
No, those channels are not enough as they will be buried in the carpet..

You see where you can't see the corner of the wand there? That's their way of keeping it from moving side to side. but it effectively removes a little bit of vacuum break that we design into our glides to keep the air flowing

Last edited:
Reactions: Meter Maid

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
No those channels are not enough as they will be buried in the carpet a lot of times You see where you can't see the corner of the wand there That's their way of keeping it from moving side to side but it effectively removes a little bit of vacuum break that we design into our glides to keep the air flowing
Thanks. I’ll try this glide tomorrow.

I wonder why the Evo doesn’t lock down.

Because it also doesn’t pull enough water out of carpet?

Mikey P

Administrator
If you don't like the glide how about you get one of those new rugged industries plug in custom cut Vinny LaBarbera specials?

That would be far more entertaining than any Marty thread...

Reactions: FB7777

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Worked three jobs with this wand today...

Mike, this kills me, but you were absolutely right about this wand.

It’s fun, easy and does a great job. The jet placement is perfect and it screams.

I’m not a bit tired and all three jobs were big.

I actually like the glide, except for it’s an eighth inch too wide on both sides.

It’s as easy as my Evolution, but actually digs into the carpet.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom