new wand valve........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you need a new one ..or just want to put a nice soft touch valve that can take the high heat and pressure..get a hold of greenie.....best valve I have used yet....

IMG_3948.jpg

old feather touch........

IMG_3949.jpg

new and improved feather touch....

IMG_3950.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it holds the high heat..can take the pressure better and a very soft touch you cant hardly feel it trigger...very smooth

Able 1

Name
Keith
I use the feather trigger... Run about 500psi normally but find it at 600psi quite a bit. For anyone that has any problems with there fingers or don't want any problems with your "money makers" it's a must! Really the feather touch is for everybody...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
B-Man said:
how much heat are we talkin on average, what kind of pressure do you run?

maintain .. 220/230...500 psi.................the valve does not even hesitate...

Greenie

Thanks for posting that pic Jim, there are only 20 of these out there currently, the folks who build our Universal machined from solid Stainless steel, FeatherTouch valve normally build valves for NASA, they are overbuilt to really high standards, they are rated @ 1500psi and would probably stand up to twice that, but I won't say that publicly, currently the heat rating is 250ºf, but we have several being run higher with no ill effects, the only real limit is the tripple Teflon seals, I will take a pic of a standard valve stem and compare it to the Universal for comparison, it is a cadillac valve that will last you as long as your wand.

I call it the Universal valve because of the Black adapter plates, I have several plate kits avail. that allow the valve to be retro-fitted to just about any wand, right now the bulk are installed on Greenhorns and Titanium wands like Jim's.

If you just want a cheap $29 valve, stick with the brass valve we include on the Greenhorns, this is a different investment.

VRK003.jpg

Greenie

u mean was it somethign u said....today?

There are still a few more enroute, we made a spring change after the first 2 were in use.

Greenie

I guess I'll have to pick up those two priority mail boxes on the floor and re-direct them to some non-whiners.

impatient knuckleheads.

List on those valves is $139

MB loyalist who did not get on the beta list way back when will get them for $99

If you already have a nice brass feathertouch, don't replace it with the Nasa valve any time soon, wait til it leaks.

Able 1

Name
Keith
The valve would make me money... the polo would prove I'm stupid!

G

yep , everyone nurse that old feathertouch along now , ya hear ! Its subject to break down at any second - at 29 dollars , it must be inferior to a 139.00 one.

You may find yourself replacing the o rings at pennies apiece 2 -3 times a year and maybe once or twice in the valves lifetime you may need a complete rebuild .

Just what is the guarentee on the 139.00 valve from leaking ??

pHilh

Just what is the guarentee on the 139.00 valve from leaking ??

We have had one now for nearly 2 and half years and NOT one leak,there is other blokes here in Australia that will probably say the same thing! :D :D

And thats running consistantly high heat from Powerclean machines....

G

Been wearing one for 2 years straight , doesnt stink , self washing and odor treated PLUS has anti shrink nano tech woven in the fabric .

Better order now cause they will be going up after Jan. 1st .

You guys must be the beta test- schill crowd , cause most carpet cleaners are cheap bast@ards and wont shell out 139.00 for a valve , much less a 5.99 buffet unless iced tea comes with the meal.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
James Cooper said:
Been wearing one for 2 years straight , doesnt stink , self washing and odor treated PLUS has anti shrink nano tech woven in the fabric .

Better order now cause they will be going up after Jan. 1st .

You guys must be the beta test- schill crowd , cause most carpet cleaners are cheap bast@ards and wont shell out 139.00 for a valve , much less a 5.99 buffet unless iced tea comes with the meal.

but they will pony over $149 for a polo that says look at me I am a member of the new and improved trad yard...yea ..that's going to pay the bills....come on cooper...where is the common since in this....pay good money for quality not stupidity.....that's free..

Greenie

Didn't I say to keep your $29 valve James?
This valve is for those who want something better.
I don't cater to the avg. rug sucker.

Yes Ades, I make a kit to mount the valve on your HydroSonic wand, the valve is long tested, getting it to mate up to all the different wands was a bit of work, that and trigger, trigger pull height, trigger pressure etc...

and....it's not Chinese

G

what would you say the average life of the westpak valve is and the cost of maintaining it versus the 139 dollar valve ??

I understand the Tim the Toolman mentality , but 139 dollars is a little much UNLESS we're talking about measureable performance gains.

Greenie

James, not everyone lives in Georgia.

Some just live by higher standards, and demand the best.

Mikey P

Administrator
The ONLY reason I ever started this damn board was to get free $139 wand valves.

Funny thing about stuff like that, catch me on a day where I pulled in more than $1700 and I'll order two. Now offer me one on a day I did $900 and I'll be rummaging through the brass section at Ace Hardware that night ..

Greenie what is the expected life span on that baby?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Nah... we just love having the best things out there... Didn't Tre outlaw the Glide?(thought I read that somewhere) That is what makes this place the best bb out there! Really I don't think anyone here puts down a good product.

BTW I think I could get you a hand sewn MB polo for $75.00 seems like you like this place better any how. It's not currently available just because "we" would rather buy a valve, but I think he could do it for you.
:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom