New way to use Fels Naptha!

FredC

Village Idiot
Do the following:

If your address is not a commercial address that customers come to select "Do not show my address on Google maps"
Now your listing won't disappear.
People will call you to use your Fels...even if its not in your empty Right Guard container

This rule is almost a year old now and has been mentioned several times here but some real cleaners seem to have missed it.........so I figured I would post it again.

PS - No reason to try and trick the Googleman by saying that customers do come to your address..........

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Don't be like the Goomerman!!
Listen to the Googleman!!

My listing has been down for over a month because of this.
Father Fred knows whats best, so hide your address, and start to play with the new location features you will have to use..........
View attachment 1143
When you hide your address, your marker will no longer automatically show in approximation to your actual address like it used to, unless you tweak the "Distance from one location" or "List of areas served". You may not show in as many areas, or in response to exactly the same search terms (town names, city names, etc) as you used to show in, so start testing different area/location/radius options and their responses to different search terms.

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Pretty embarrASSed here, so as per Goomers first thread I hid my address.. Then within 48 hours I got a call from an Arab Google man and I thought he was just a telemarketer(it kind of threw me off) the last words he said and the only I could understand were "do you have storefront"? I said "no", he said "thank you" and hung up.:eekk::madd: With in 24hours I was removed from the maps listing. Then about a week later I got another call, but I answered it correctly and BAM I was back on it that night...

Connor

Name
Connor
Mine is still missing in google places. Yes, I hid the address, they said they've fixed it, but it's in queue for review.

Mikey P

Administrator
I hear the Ford king got his ass removed by the Googleman...

Wasting too much time on the crackpot cuffs board and not paying attention to the center of the universe...

FredC

Village Idiot
hide.jpg

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Your lucky they gave you the courtesy of a follow up call. Here is my timeline on this issue. ....over a month now in limbo.

November 14 Received phone call……listing removed….”We currently do not support this location” on my dash..
November 17 Hid address and emailed support as directed. Received email response as follows :
Thank you for contacting Google. We may follow up if we need further information. Also, feel free to respond to this email to clarify anything or give us additional information.
Otherwise, weappreciate your patience while our team reviews and responds to inquiries in the order they are received.
Once we're finished investigating, someone from our team will get back to you with actions we've taken and instructions for next steps.
Regards,
The GoogleTeam
December 4 Listing status changed to “Pending…..being reviewed” on dash.
December 16 My listing shows as “Active” on my dash, but back to “We currently do not support this location”. Received following email:
Hi Frank,
Thank you forcontacting Google. Your Pelham Bay Carpet Cleaning listing was experiencingissues due to quality violations. Specifically it appears that you do not makecontact with customers at your physical location. If you don't conductface-to-face business at your location, you must select "Yes, thisbusiness serves customers at their locations" under the "ServiceAreas and Location Settings" section of your dashboard, and then selectthe "Do not show my business address on my Maps listing" option. Ifyour business serves customers at the customers' locations, you can add yourservice area(s) from your dashboard.
You can learnmore about service areas in the following article: http://support.google.com/places/bin/answer.py?answer=177103
Keeping yourlisting within the guidelines will ensure that your listing shows accurately onGoogle Maps. Check out the guidelines here: http://www.google.com/support/places/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=107528&ctx=cb&src=cb&cbid=-1qeq4rikeo6cp&cbrank=2.
At thisstage, we have queued your listing up for review. We don't have a concretetimeline which we can give for this. Your submission helps us keep track ofthis problem and we will be reviewing your listing. I'll also be following upwith you once your listing is reviewed.
Thanks foryour understanding and patience.
Best,
Nathan
The GoogleTeam”

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

steve g

Name
steve garrett
this may sound dumb but I haven't logged in to my places account in over a year, now I can't figure out how to do it anymore. I also can't access the part that shows the analytics like the impressions and all that. how do you log in and see that stuff??

Kipp

Name
kip
Oh... I thought this thread was going to be about how to melt my google places page down and put it in a deodorant stick...

hogjowl

Idiot™
The Stanley Steemer in my area is located in the town next door, but they have a google listing that gives a local address as their location.

It's an old, run down apartment building in the downtown area of town.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks for the thread on this. I didn't have any issues w/ my listing, but I did remove the address as you guys mentioned.

I've recently moved to another city about 30 mins away from my current location on my Places account. I wanted to change the listing to the current address but I was not sure if it was going to affect my ranking as I now show #1 or so on my current google places, I didn't want to have the risk of dissapearing off page 1 if I updated to my current city.

Thanks,
Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom