new wheel and axle set up for the HOSS

Mikey P

Administrator
Hopefully my days of vibrating down the traffic lanes are over.

The new set up includes a rounder profile wheel. A less tacky (and dry soil attracting) rubber compound along with a one piece axle that does not require internal spacers over the axle itself. Also included are plastic, possibly Teflon, spacer that fits between the inner wheel a wavy washer and the main frame.

Everything appears to be in much tighter spec.

I'll let you know soon if the vibration and related noise has been eliminated.

photobucket-17709-1339893272494.jpg

photobucket-17657-1339893296482.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Re: new wheel and axel set up for the HOSS

Looks good...I think that it will quite it down some because there was viberation on the wheels....( I put the teflon spacers on mine when i first got it ) ...but the biggest issue is the metal to metal contact where the axle and the adjustment support hook together......if you grab that thing it wiggles around at the axle.....next time you run it..hold it in place and take the toe of your shoe and rest it up against and the whole thing settles down...probably why whatshisbutts settled down when he wrapped the bungee cord around the axle....

It's amazing Hydro Force and now Sapphire keep introducing tools that constantly need tweaks, upgrades, and modifications.

Where is the real world field testing before selling a product?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
This is not really a performance issue..just a annoying vibration...there has been a few thing that have needed tweaked a little on this machine...most has been from personal preference...

Personally....if it were me...I would of stayed with the staggered jets....I think this was the best idea for the machine...but...I would of kept them all long bars and staggered the length of the rod ....starting small from the center and work them out to the outer edge...this would take this rotary to a whole new level.......

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Jim Martin said:
Personally....if it were me...I would of stayed with the staggered jets....I think this was the best idea for the machine...but...I would of kept them all long bars and staggered the length of the rod ....starting small from the center and work them out to the outer edge...this would take this rotary to a whole new level.......

Why would you say this? I do believe you, but don't follow why.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
boazcan said:
Jim Martin said:

Why would you say this? I do believe you, but don't follow why.

look at how these jets set into the machine....

IMG_6112.jpg

these are not your typical spray pattern jets that fan out to cover area......it is a straight drop....figure the long ones are about 3.5...4 inches long.....that is your cleaning area....but...take the long jets and start it at the center...and stair step them all the way to the outer edge by adjusting the size of the rod..not the jet......you have twice the cleaning area...more flush...way less over lap...and with the type of vacuum shoes this thing has you still wont over wet it with the smallest orfice...and keep your heat..you could drop your water pressure down a bit and save more water...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
Is that yours Jim?

Did they send it to you like that?

yes that one is mine..but it was not sent to me like that.....after I put that needle valve on it to control the pressure I went to the longer jets...

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Mikey P said:

The new set up includes a rounder profile wheel. A less tacky (and dry soil attracting) rubber compound along with a one piece axle that does not require internal spacers over the axle itself. Also included are plastic, possibly Teflon, spacer that fits between the inner wheel a wavy washer and the main frame.

Personally, I DON'T like those type of wheels.

Just as I don't like them on my dehums;

They do vibrate, as you stated, plus, when bringing them down stairs, they jar the machine and the operator.

This may also loosen your nuts.

I much prefer the pneumatic (pump-up) tires for any of our mobile equipment.

Sure, you gotta pump them up occasionally, but hey, what's a couple of minutes every few months.

I keep my tredley (bike) pump in the van just in case.

And soooooo much smoother both on the floor and on the stairs.

Shorty.

PS:::: I mean the machines nuts. I've seen Jimmy naked

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
ShortyDownUnder said:
I much prefer the pneumatic (pump-up) tires for any of our mobile equipment.

Sure, you gotta pump them up occasionally, but hey, what's a couple of minutes every few months.

I keep my tredley (bike) pump in the van just in case.

And soooooo much smoother both on the floor and on the stairs.

Shorty.
I like the shock-absorbing quality of the air-filled tires also.

Mytee has just introduced 10" Pneumatic Grey tires with foam fill on the LTD 500 PSI.

NO MORE FLATS !

Larry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:

photobucket-17709-1339893272494.jpg

photobucket-17657-1339893296482.jpg

Well.....whats the scoop....did it work....???

Name
steve snail
danielc said:
It's amazing Hydro Force and now Sapphire keep introducing tools that constantly need tweaks, upgrades, and modifications.

The "real world"......is us.....leaving you in the dust.

S

sam miller

danielc said:

Mikeysboard AKA Real World testers! I've seen Jimmy naked

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom