Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
How will you spend New Year's Eve? Last year we spent it in Tbe White House. Wouldn't surprise me if they call us in again tonight (it's always last minute) to do it again.

Colorful Carpets has the honorable distinction of being the company to maintain the carpets and rugs in the White House since 2003.

These photos were taken one year ago today. We were called in to do a large color restoration project on the carpet in the Situation Room on New Year's Eve. We brought in a select group of our color trainees to participate in the project.

IMG_7434.JPG

IMG_2347.JPG

IMG_7436.JPG

IMG_7439.JPG

IMG_7437.JPG

IMG_7440.JPG

IMG_7435.JPG

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Honda Manufacturing here in Ohio .
Have heard that when they shut down for a couple of weeks, and cleaning crews go in the security is really tight. Nothing allowed in.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Honda Manufacturing here in Ohio .
Have heard that when they shut down for a couple of weeks, and cleaning crews go in the security is really tight. Nothing allowed in.
Generally speaking, the security is always tight there. But we've been working there since 2003 so they know us very well. The first few times that we worked there we were awestruck and nervous, but now it's pretty routine. It's still a fascinating place to work in, however. I consider it a great honor to work in this historical treasure of our great nation.

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Plenty there to do a rear to front combover......(relax, I'm follicley challenged too)

You know what this means Mr. Chavez Sir- the White House is cleaned with portys....:biggrin::clap::biggrin::icon_cool:
Truckmounts aren't permitted at the White House. You can't leave any doors propped open.

We don't use truckmounts for anything that we do.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
No idea why politics had to be dragged into a post about carpet.
Because it's about the White House carpet and we all just went through an election...and apparently some people are still coming to grips. duh.
Chris, did you dye the Oval Office Carpet Brown or was that new carpet installed? I know they do a quick turnover clean, paint, carpet ... and who knows what else. Have you ever been involved with that?

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Because it's about the White House carpet and we all just went through an election...and apparently some people are still coming to grips. duh.
Chris, did you dye the Oval Office Carpet Brown or was that new carpet installed? I know they do a quick turnover clean, paint, carpet ... and who knows what else. Have you ever been involved with that?
There's no carpet in the oval office. Only the presidential rug.

We dyed the carpets to a brown color in the lower level of the East wing.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom