Next time

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
This week my pump belt on my Powerclean blew into 100 pieces. Of course to replace the pump belt you have to slide the blower over, slide the pumpout over then slide the Cat pump over to remove the belt. It took about 2 hours to get to all that crap. I wish had very small hands to get wrenches on all that hard to reach stuff. Some things you almost have to stand on your head to get to. I am replacing all the belts since I have them off. They have to be special ordered because even the local Granger doesn't carry this odd ball stuff.

I am tired of all the Dema valves and little crap that can and do go wrong.

A Judson is looking better and better all the time....

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Yes they have belts but they are easy to take on and off. The Powerclean is ridiculous!!

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
What type of powerclean? Also I would put a second belt in the area. If the belt breaks the second belt can easily be hooked up.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I have to replace the three drive belts on my Genesis every 6-9 months, they are also a mongrel to get to, I now can't be stuffed trying to do it, so usually get my mechanic to do it before they need it when it's being serviced.

John

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Yes they have belts but they are easy to take on and off. The Powerclean is ridiculous!!

Adam-What belt number are you looking for. It takes me about 45 minutes to swap out the belts on my Genesis. Ya gotta give up them Tri power belts. I had a set disintegrate and that was the last time I used them.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Adam-What belt number are you looking for. It takes me about 45 minutes to swap out the belts on my Genesis. Ya gotta give up them Tri power belts. I had a set disintegrate and that was the last time I used them.

I'm with Doug here......about 45minutes-1 hour. I got all my belts througth Grainger....Goodyear matched set for the blower. I've got the Genny 59.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Its a Victory. Little different set up then the Gen59. The belts lasted 1600 hours so I shouldn't complain but I have never had a machine that was so much work to change belts.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I think I remember replacing the vac and blower belts once on my Pro1200 machine over the last nine years. Just because. It has 9K hours on it. I haven't had to open the housing to take a peek at it this year. That is the huge difference between a DD and a slide in.

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
If you had told me you needed belts when you called I could have sent them to you. We stock those :)

John Olson

Name
John Olson
No worries :) we stock 60+ different belts and at least 3 sets for each powerclean since we sold them. We do our best to be prepared to keep,our friends up and running with as little wait time as possible.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
My tech changed a belt on the Judson during a job and the wand was back on the floor in less than 20 minutes. Great machine

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
and people no names uhhem (john :rolleyes:)

wonder why i strip shit off of mine when it is used and out of warranty.....

simple simple simple...

now if i had multiple units with grunts....no i wouldnt...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom