NFIB

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
NFIB-the voice of small business. Does this organization do as much for small business as they claim. A representative stop by today and told me about some of the legislation they are trying to stop. Like flat rate per hour for cleaning or stripping and waxing. Which I got asked to s and w for the local community college at a rate of $18 a hour. The gov is trying to get flat rates in schools and doctor offices.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
SO how in the F would they pass a flat rate in a competitive market place???

and $18 an hr for what??? chems to or labor only :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And while i am sure they make a slight stink...

when you look at what the markers are for a "small biz" its laughable

99% of us on this board would fit (if they made it) into a MICRO biz model...

Small biz is like up to 300 employees and like 10mil in sales... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh look its broke down now.....maybe it was before and i missed it....

http://www.sbaonline.sba.gov/contractin ... index.html

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I had a guy stop by and try to get me to join. I was his best friend until I told him I didn't want to join. Then he acted like the business world was going to fall apart because I didn't care enough to support this cause. I sure felt guilty taking my family to dinner that night knowing I could have given money to them instead.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
We are NFIB members. What they are doing in Washington is important and productive and NOTHING in Washington is cheap. All evil needs is for good men to do nothing and since I don't have time to go to Washington I support those that carry our message. Our local lobbyist comes by often to share what is coming up and what NFIB is doing and making sure to get our opinions so our voice is heard.

The return is so far in our favor (small businesses) it is a mistake not to be a member.

Sonrise1

Name
Jerry
NFIB is the best small business lobby in the country, bar none. I have been an active member for years. I have met many of my Ohio Supreme Court Justices, Two Governors, Senators and Congressman, as well as other government officials. It is well worth your time if you want to know what is going on at the state level and federal level that may affect you. At the annual small business day at the capital, you get to meet various state level senators and congressman, which gives you the opportunity to tell them how past and pending legislation affect you. I was asked to appear before a house subcommittee to present my side of how pending legislation would affect me.

All the other things they offer are nice, such as their "My Business" magazine, a truly small business magazine. I highly recommend you get involved. You might just make a difference. NFIB has made a huge difference from where I stand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom