Nick's BBQ

Mikey P

Administrator
Larry Cobb, you were telling me about the event and what you guys had planned but I've already forgot.

Testing of some sort..

Who here is going?

I hear Wanders, Judson, Nordic1, Cobbs and ** brand Truckmounts will be representing..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thanks for reminding me of Wanders.
I'll go right now to the Cafe to check who got banned this week.

Unlike this plain vanilla board, the cafe has more: banning action, mystery as to what may happen next and is far out more exotic :winky:

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Thanks for reminding me of Wanders.
I'll go right now to the Cafe to check who got banned this week.

Unlike this plain vanilla board, the cafe has more: banning action, mystery as to what may happen next and is far out more exotic :winky:

LOL, Ofer.

If it gets too bad here, just let me know, I'll ban you for a day. :winky: (I've been a Mod for 5 years, & never banned anyone before. It could be fun.)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

4387244-32006-red-ban-button_zps7ecca0fa.jpg

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Didnt they post a video of this thing once and all the posters on ics ripped it apart?
Is this the same event?

probably some of you guys...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea it's funny when it's your friends but to pick on strangers isn't right......no matter how funny looking there are. :winky:

I don't think I made a comment on that thread on ICS but if I did I shouldn't have.

We are all strange in one way or another....although some of yous are uglier than others too! :p

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
They say ignorance is bliss but I sure feel out of it when you f%gbook butt buddies start talking about stuff that I hve no clue abou.

Reactions: Newman

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Before this thread gets too far out of hand . . .

Last year @ Nick's BBQ, we tested 4 different blower TM's with the same wand & hose on the same carpet.

There was also a difficult real-world spotting contest, for cases of chemical by Chemspec.

This was the review thread:

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showth...nd-TM-Blower-Testing&highlight=blower+testing

This year we are going to compare a Mytee ETM to an entry level Truckmount . . .

to find out how close they are in actual vacuum level with the wand on the carpet.

Maybe Lockhart can bring his #5 blower TM up, for some dual-wand testing against some #47 blowers.

Most importantly, will be the mess we create from all the BBQ sauce on our faces, while listening to the live band.

Then there is the painful physical damage . . .

from the "competitive" basketball game the morning after.

Horseshoes for the non-violent competitors.

APRIL 20th

Larry

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sounds like a good time Larry! Live bands are really cool!

Not that I'm purchasing but the TM evaluation sounds interesting. The comparison with the entry level unit, is that a price point comparison also?

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Before this thread gets too far out of hand . . .

Last year @ Nick's BBQ, we tested 4 different blower TM's with the same wand & hose on the same carpet.

There was also a difficult real-world spotting contest, for cases of chemical by Chemspec.

This was the review thread:

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showth...nd-TM-Blower-Testing&highlight=blower+testing

This year we are going to compare a Mytee ETM to an entry level Truckmount . . .

to find out how close they are in actual vacuum level with the wand on the carpet.

Maybe Lockhart can bring his #5 blower TM up, for some dual-wand testing against some #47 blowers.

Most importantly, will be the mess we create from all the BBQ sauce on our faces, while listening to the live band.

Then there is the painful physical damage . . .

from the "competitive" basketball game the morning after.

Horseshoes for the non-violent competitors.

Larry

I was just joking about not seeing a machine at mike fest. Although I would love to see one of your machines in action.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Ill be there . Complete drunkfest. I had a blast at the last one. Did get a little out of hand when Breevick starting giving the Sheep the business.

Golden boy

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Sounds like a good time Larry! Live bands are really cool!

Not that I'm purchasing but the TM evaluation sounds interesting. The comparison with the entry level unit, is that a price point comparison also?

The Mytee ETM is $4695 + Wand & Hoses or ~ $5K.

A Truck "water-to-water HX" would add another $1.5K

The 16HP TM with #33 Blower is $6.5K.

The question is, can the ETM with 50 ft. of 2" Hose,

compete with 16 HP TM with 150 ft of 2" hose.

I think it will be close.

Larry

Last edited:

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
The Mytee ETM is $4695 + Wand & Hoses or ~ $5K.

A Truck "water-to-water HX" would add another $1.5K

The 16HP TM with #33 Blower is $6.5K.

I think it will be close.

Larry

So the ETM doesn't equal the performance of a TM with a 33 blower? A 33 blower isn't all that great at 150ft.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Rob;

Nobody has done an accurate side-by-side test on an ETM versus a gas-powered TM.

I love the raw power of a gas burning Truckmount.

But, I want to see how close a good electric TM is,

in vacuum performance.

How many times have you wished for a gas TM . . . ,

in a hi-rise office building ?

Larry

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

That would be pretty much a pointless test, don't you think? Who would ever run it at 50ft? Real world would be more in the 100-ft to 125ft range.

We used a Workmaster ETM and it could competed decently with our entry level TM's at the time. They were Hydramaster Bobcats, tiny little machines (16hp 290pump #3 blowers) that still packed a punch. However the Workmaster had a Hybrid system, Suttorbuilt with dual 3-stage lamb vac blowers, that might have helped.

You could notice a little bit of difference of vacuum at the wand but not terrible, Paloma LP heater did decent against the Little Giant too. Not a bad machine and if you were really that desperate for saving fuel, it might be a reasonable trade off to monkey with all the powercords. And definitely waaaaaaaay better than screwing around with portables! (I threw that in to wake up Willy!)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I know, I know! Pretty city especially with those mountains as a backdrop.

Willy have you thought about Mytee's EMT on wheels? Looks like it would work well for highrise work.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
My next machine will probably be a Mytee, but the ETM would be too much.In some of the 20 story plus buildings I do there's a set of stairs to get to the elevator from parking.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I see, that does mean portable. I wasn't pushing Mytee, although there machines look good.

To me all portables are really pretty much the same, same basic components. It's the body and creature features that make the difference. Does it have large wheels that make it easy to maneuver, large recovery tank with a drain that drains at toilet or mop sink level. Is the clean water opening large enough to pour easily or is tiny opening that makes no sense and spills easily. Does it have a 2-inch hose port for better air flow or is it still 1970's 1.5 opening. Do you have to bend down to power the machine up or are the switches up high as they should be. Enough PSI to actually do some real cleaning and enough vacuum to recover it?

Willy, just talking about portables is depressing me. I hate portables.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom