No more cleaning carpet..

Name
Lee Stockwell
Justin was a regional superintendent for Alpha Waterproofing, the biggest company of its kind in the south. He was based in Austin and traveled all over LA, TX and such. He grew to hate Austin traffic and putting out other people's fires, along with the 80 hour weeks.

He was a certified welder when he joined the company, welding stainless flashing on hospitals and other big projects. His part of the job was being held up by other trades getting behind, so he jumped in to expedite and better organize them. Was promoted to foreman, and then went up the ladder.

Because he wanted a better life for his wife and family he left that rat race. It's certainly no surprise to me that after THAT he wasn't coming back to "just work for dad".

I'm proud of the company he built and the reputation he's earned.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Yah, some of us have to clean toilets too. Let’s keep Davis’ story quite. I wouldn’t want my 2nd gen thinking there’s more to life🤫

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Its a huge relief, believe me..

The Santa Cruz every night is Friday night life style was going to kill him.

I hate the place with a passion.

Davis and I talked about that one night. I guess I'm some sort of ancient, Yoda like figure to kids these days.

I asked him how much of the world outside of Santa Cruz he'd seen (not much it seems) I told him that being single, unattached, with no ties to "place", he needed to see that the world was a bigger place than just what Santa Cruz on a Friday night and what passes for "friends" in such a place has to offer.

He'll never be the same person he would have been had he not done this.

Congrats to you and Paula for helping him find his wings Mike.

Mikey P

Administrator
Davis and I talked about that one night. I guess I'm some sort of ancient, Yoda like figure to kids these days.

I asked him how much of the world outside of Santa Cruz he'd seen (not much it seems) I told him that being single, unattached, with no ties to "place", he needed to see that the world was a bigger place than just what Santa Cruz on a Friday night and what passes for "friends" in such a place has to offer.

He'll never be the same person he would have been had he not done this.

Congrats to you and Paula for helping him find his wings Mike.

His bulldog that he got when he was 15 was a huge furry anchor.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
low man on the totem pole doesn't get to sit in the cab with the AC on.

Got to pay his dues
Hope he hangs in there long enough

..L.T.A.

Name
Jeff T
Day one saw 10 hours with one of those jackhammer style compactors...

and he hated Kirbys and rotovacs...
Foot tampers are a PITA to operate. Tell him to wear hearing protection ALL the time when on the job, no matter WHAT HE IS OPERATING, or close to machinery.

Ive suffered permanent hearing loss from construction.

It’s a loud, aggressive environment.

He will learn to love the level of accomplishment.

after he suffers through the learning phase, the sore muscles that he’s never used, and gets a few paycheque’s under his belt, he’ll start to enjoy it....

Mikey P

Administrator
Davis' new BFF..
PXL_20210414_145925665.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom