Non-Supporting Members

diamond brian

As I see it, $5 per month just isn't a lot of money.

For those of you who don't contribute to this BB--why not?

TimP

I don't because I'm in debt up to and above my eye balls and every dollar counts....I'm a start up and I'm trying to become profitable.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I just started full time in January. I am a supporting member on top of my original donation. With all of the bills involved in a business $5.00 is NOTHING. Shoot I have had people on the BB refer me to jobs and made that money back easily.

Buy things from the suppliers special and save atleast $5 a month.

danpauselius

Gentlemen, I agree with you about the insanely great value but let's remember that not everyone is in the same financial position. Not to mention, calling out non-supporting members seems low-class and will not be conducive to the feeling of "belonging" that is generally shown here.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Hey, I'm all in for it, no big deal for me and helps support the board. But, the constant harassing for funds is ridiculous.

I'm thinking of being in church as the donations get passed along. For those who don't pay everybody else turns their heads to him, shame on you..LOL.

Albert

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Molly Matchit aka "The cleaning artist" does have a point.

All the suppliers from over on the ICS board are slowly infiltrating and corrupting this board. They sit on Mikey's shoulder and gently blow in his ear and his head begins to get bigger and bigger.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I was one of those non payers, but I figure I spend more than 5 dollars on coffee in a day and I get alot more useful info and ideas from this place so now I just drink my coffee at home in the mornings and save the money for the boards. :shock:

danpauselius

Albert, funny you should mention the Church. Reminded me of a story.

When I was in Boy Scouts, we used to go up to this huge scout camp in Alpine, NJ. Well, on Sunday, all Catholic scouts had to go to Church. The priest said that anybody who couldn't afford to give $10 a week might consider looking for another church. Can you imagine the balls on that guy?

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Albert I didn't ask him to start this thread.

To be honest I have had a rash of people canceling their memberships.
What happens is that their Credit card expires and Pay Pal automatically shuts off the auto donate thing. I get notified of it and send a email to the person but most of the time I never hear back. In most cases they have some stupid user name that hides their ID from me.

There must be 10 or more non members getting free privileges right now.

G

Its not about the money to me. Im just not going to pay for something I can get for free in a dozen other places. I know how much money it takes to maintain a site like this. Less than $100.00 a year.

Plus the Shills here are no different than on any of the other boards. Now dont get me wrong, I dont have anything against the Shillsmen(myself included). I think they do and have always contributed much to the discussion. But lets not pretend its any different here than the other boards.

Thats how I feel about it.

Jeff

Mikey P

Administrator
The Cleaning Artist said:
As I see it, $5 per month just isn't a lot of money

I agree.

Why should you pay a monthly fee to subscribe to a salesman's Forum?
I come here for Entertainment.

What salesmen are you talking about Harley?
Would you suggest that we never talk about products?

Do you think that manufactures or suppliers should not be allowed to post?

How would you run this board?

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's not the bulletin board salesmen and OP huxters that have slowly moved over here (as their boards die) that bother me.

It having to pay $5 a month to call them out that ticks me off. :cry:

Mikey P

Administrator
Jeff Ellis said:
Its not about the money to me. Im just not going to pay for something I can get for free in a dozen other places. I know how much money it takes to maintain a site like this. Less than $100.00 a year.

Plus the Shills here are no different than on any of the other boards. Now dont get me wrong, I dont have anything against the Shillsmen(myself included). I think they do and have always contributed much to the discussion. But lets not pretend its any different here than the other boards.

Thats how I feel about it.

Jeff

Actually our server costs me $75 a month.
My time is money and I spend atleast an hour a day dealing with "paperwork" type stuff. So that is 3 grand a month right there if I go by the minimum I make at my real job.

As for getting this elsewhere....

We are averaging over 250 posts a day. Plenty of days in the 300s.
Find that volume elsewhere and I'll eat my hat.

Greenie

Jeff, you know damn well what you can get here ain't the same as elsewhere....or you wouldn't be here.

buck up buddy. :lol:

Where else can a MFG. DIST. call out a smuck for being a smuck?
and you can defend yourself all the same.

I'd pay the fiver just to be able to get Jimmy and Marty's feedback.

Mike,
As for running this board, I don't know what I would do because it doesn't interest me. Only you know what you want from it. For every action there is and equal and opposite reaction.

These boards have become a very valuable sales tool for those in the supply business. I think it is just the nature of the internet. This is but a gathering place for cleaners and therefore easy target for sales. I'm not against sales and welcome all participants, both cleaners and suppliers, however I feel those that aren't as pleased with products be heard equally and not be made to go away quietly. Everyone has an opinion and entitled to share it thanks to the internet, like it or not.

I'm only interested in making my business grow and sharing ideas with others to make it happen for them and myself.

diamond brian

Hey Dan, I'm not calling anyone out. And, nobody asked me to start this thread.

I'm just curious as to why some decide to contribute here while others do not. Being that $5.00 really isn't a lot of money, I'm thinking maybe he or she...

1. Doesn't see value in this board

2. Doesn't make the connection that member supported means non-advertiser supported

3. Thinks his or her $5.00 isn't necessary for the board's survival

4. Doesn't like the idea that it's not non-profit

5. Is really the world's worst carpet cleaner and doesn't have $5.00

I'm not passing judgment on those of you who don't help support Mikey's Board. Just wondering why.

G

Mikey, if you are paying $75 a month you are getting ripped. You can get this same website for the amount I listed above. Why would you pay 10x more?

Mikey P

Administrator
If you can find me a server that can handle this board's bandwidth by all means let Mark Cermak and myself know asap.

I'll even give you free access to the SM rooms.

diamond brian

#2 Harley--I hear you. But, I've yet to see a post deleted here for disagreeing with one of 'em.

And my friend, what will you do if a service you offer ceases to pay well enough vs the effort. You will stop offering that service. There's your #3.

Mikey P

Administrator
I wish guys like Harley and Jeff would be honest enough to just say they dont want to donate because I called them a hack one or more times.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom