Nordic1 ETM fun facts

hogjowl

Idiot™
Don't take it personal, John. I think ALL lectroweenies suck, not just yours.

Nobody can tell me they have the performance of a positive displacement blower.

So, unless you're broke, why buy one?

You're right about one thing. If you have anything free, you can send it my way.

steve_64

i hated lifting the buffer and tanks when i worked for chem dry years ago.

ive had helpers complain or comment on the cords but i dont see it as a big deal, just what has to be done. one girl was afraid of electricity and wouldnt touch them lol.

ive actually looked at a few bigger machines. just not the right time yet.

steve_64

Don't take it personal, John. I think ALL lectroweenies suck, not just yours.

Nobody can tell me they have the performance of a positive displacement blower.

So, unless you're broke, why buy one?

You're right about one thing. If you have anything free, you can send it my way.

bane uses a #3 blower running at 1800 rpm i think it is. been so long since i cared what it was.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I use Johns ETM everyday. I pop a circuit breaker maybe 1 out of 20 jobs. I plug one cord into the kitchen and then the other where ever, if they are on seperate lines it will not pop. The machine has the same suction as other gas truckmounts I have had. Here is the list of truckmounts I have owned, Butler system, Prochem Blazer, Pro Chem Legend and a Chem Tex Black Stallion. The Mytee is the same suction as the Legend in my opionion. The butler suction was better. The Mytee ETM Escape is a rock solid machine, I pump out flooded basements a few times a week with it as well.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
bane uses a #3 blower running at 1800 rpm i think it is. been so long since i cared what it was.

which ain't squat, Bro
the HG (lift) is also way below capacity .
Power requirements only allow Bane to spin an already small bloer at 1/2 it's capacity ..that's what makes it's performance so pitiful
any decent porty with 50ft of hose has as much, or more suck
Bane units are well built .. I'll give Mr Bill that, he builds 'em like a tank , however, they're terribly under powered for a TM.

I have little doubt Mytee John's 4-vac unit will compare favorably or surpass a #3 blower ...maybe even equal a 4 blower.
problem is, you'll need an 18hp generator to power the beast.
You'd be better off using that gas engine to spin a PD blower and pump

..l.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I use Johns ETM everyday. I pop a circuit breaker maybe 1 out of 20 jobs. I plug one cord into the kitchen and then the other where ever, if they are on seperate lines it will not pop. The machine has the same suction as other gas truckmounts I have had. Here is the list of truckmounts I have owned, Butler system, Prochem Blazer, Pro Chem Legend and a Chem Tex Black Stallion. The Mytee is the same suction as the Legend in my opionion. The butler suction was better. The Mytee ETM Escape is a rock solid machine, I pump out flooded basements a few times a week with it as well.

thanks John

when you blow breakers on 5% of your jobs, are you running 2 or 4 vacs?

Thanks

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The day you buy one, Taco, is the day you can defend their use.

Until then, you're just doing your normal sucking up.
I told you we had one for like a decade. Once the energy crisis had passed we used it as an inhouse unit for years until it rusted out and we couldn't use it anymore.

steve_64

which ain't squat, Bro
the HG (lift) is also way below capacity .
Power requirements only allow Bane to spin an already small bloer at 1/2 it's capacity ..that's what makes it's performance so pitiful
any decent porty with 50ft of hose has as much, or more suck
Bane units are well built .. I'll give Mr Bill that, he builds 'em like a tank , however, they're terribly under powered for a TM.

I have little doubt Mytee John's 4-vac unit will compare favorably or surpass a #3 blower ...maybe even equal a 4 blower.
problem is, you'll need an 18hp generator to power the beast.
You'd be better off using that gas engine to spin a PD blower and pump

..l.T.A.

i know i know under powered and under sized.

and im not trying to take anything away from john. just talking about electric machines.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I told you we had one for like a decade. Once the energy crisis had passed we used it as an inhouse unit for years until it rusted out and we couldn't use it anymore.

1970's don't count, Taco.

Besides, you were still in Mexico and probably couldn't get a real TM if you wanted one.

F

FB7777

Bane is direct coupled to a Franklin motor that spinsat 1250 RPM and generates approx 60 CFM Max lift 7 inches merc

Ran them for 13 years

steve_64

Bane is direct coupled to a Franklin motor that spinsat 1250 RPM and generates approx 60 CFM Max lift 7 inches merc

Ran them for 13 years

i never checked was always told 1800 rpm actually i think i was told 1750.thats the blower speed i was told about not the motor.i messed with different pulleys at one time too.i may be 1/2 inch bigger on the motor.i had put on a new motor and couldnt get the old double pulley off. i have the belts and keep the tensioner in place and keep it tight.never knew or checked cfm. i do get about 8 inches of lift when locked down.bane sets the relief at 7 to keep the amps down.i closed the relief valve and run off kitchen and bathroom outlets. it bogs down or pops a breaker at 10 inches of lift on a good breaker. ive had one extension cord catch fire at the van and they often get hot. i change them out more often now. my gages have frozen and broke now. this was about 4 years ago.i havent messed with it since i moved into this apartment 4 years ago.

Name
Danny Strickland
I agree Steve, but when I used the HM Bobcats I didn't have the problem. .

I had a HM HydraCat

20hp CAST IRON ONAN
good propane heat and decent suck

decarbing the heads was the only down fall of that set up!!!

it's still running today as a back up for a local cleaner 4th owner i understand!!!

my fav Lectro mount was the Steamway 900 in a trailer with a heater cart. that machine sucked like a $100 hooker!!!

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Larry I use the machine with two vac motors. The way the Vacuum motors are installed makes for double the suction. I want everyone to click on this link to see me cleaning with the machine on a long hose run with no booster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UseRhdagwm0

I seems to me that you have 200ft of vac hose, but if you can take the unit
out of the truck and wheel it next to the boat you will save 75ft. I think
that that would be the advantage of an ETM. Last week a ran 200 ft of hose to
get to the front door of a church than ran another 250ft more to clean the carpet.
I think a portable ETM will save you set up time and reduce the liability of someone
tripping on your hoses. But you still need to heat the water.

Luis

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I counted 200 foot of hose too...

That's nothing to be ashamed of. Probably comparable to a PC Blazer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom