Not exactly the yellow brick road but sewage cleanup helps pay the bills.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I agree Steve G that is not anywhere near the worst we see, it was just the most recent.

CU trauma is much worse, both smell, sight and memory.

Thanks Steve!

So Doc,
Whats the trick to it all? Smell Wise i mean.
I tend to be a lil on the weak stomach side at times, morning trash can make me hurl, Stank TM really gets me to belly dancing! Had a plumber once tell me and I quote: "Dumbass! Breathe through your mouth, that's why God gave it to ya"

I have heard some REAL good Multi Story Ground level Apt. Stories where the Building backs up and BLOWS out downstairs. My neighbor says he had it happen in College. his faciel expression lends me to believe him.

Chris

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Chris our guys each have a safety bag for their PPE. In it they have N95, half face respirator, full face respirator and other PPE, they have the option to wear what they best feel is needed for the task.

Most guys will wear the full face with double stack cartridge. When worn correctly (we fit test our guys to ensure tight fit) you should be able to sell anything. The full face also gives you better protection from splash than a half face and goggles.

IMG_2126.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GCCLee

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I was talking to a independent insurance adjuster who bragged that he set up a Servicemaster franchise after a job like that. He recorded a short video of him removing a get tiles that clearly showed sewage under the tiles. He sent the video along with a bill for replacing the tile.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Oh now ya done went and showed us the helmets ;)

I go in with the proper gear, who wouldn't. Heck I once made $180.00 for shoveling a trashcan full of dog shit out of a bathroom, kneehigh in the corner. Took 12min from the time I opened and shut the rig doors.
Then there was the dead guys Apt. Even after they hired ServPro for the uber icky couch and carpet, I told everyone YOU NEED A MASK.
Get this, Guys cousin comes down from up North, opens the APT and gives ALL of the stinky and conaminated belongings away.
Bunch of people who were in before us nosing around got sick. Ended up being 50% water Damage that had to be torn out, Dead Guy and then the unit upstairs
decided to spring a leak when we were almost done. 5 days for us start to move in ready! New everything!

OOHHH ThAT sMeLL, lol (puking) lol (puking again) lol some more

Chris

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was talking to a independent insurance adjuster who bragged that he set up a Servicemaster franchise after a job like that. He recorded a short video of him removing a get tiles that clearly showed sewage under the tiles. He sent the video along with a bill for replacing the tile.
Man that's cheezy of him, why did he do that? Why did SM not catch the issue to begin with?

Last edited by a moderator:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Man that's cheezy of him, what did he do that? Why did SM not catch the issue to begin with?

I think someone attmepted to clean it before for the adjuster. the adjuster pulled some tiles afterwards and discovered sewage remained. The adjuster removed and replaced the tile and documented it, then what? sent a bill to himself ??

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The guy was kind of nuts. I meet him on another board and talked to him on the phone a few times. He is the only “independent insurance adjuster” I have ever heard of. He writes up his own estimate and attempts to recover money for his clients from insurance and or contractors. I think said he takes 25% and has no real personal liability. He apparently made nice bank after Katrina.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Not real sure what to say about that ACE, very interesting indeed!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I did the independent estimating thing during the storms. And even heard of independent adjusters as well but normally they have to be approved through the insurance company. But he sounds like an ambulance chasing guy that tries to pad the bill to get more money for the customer.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Smells like money to me. When my guys hear cat 3 they whoop for joy at the 50.00 an hour bonus.
Al

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom