Not exactually the .............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
.........kind of walk ups you want to start your day off with..........

IMG_0442.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Driving in the left lane?

actually I was.....but I am allowed to........I was coming down a hill and I seen him sitting on the right side of the road...but I was not doing anything wrong..so I paid no mind to him....got about 5 miles down the road and went to make a left turn and he lit me up....

Nailed me because my driver and passenger windows were to dark....I told him I bought it in Colorado and it went threw inspection just fine....so he told me he was just going to give me a warning....so he goes back to his truck and then just turns around and comes back...hands me all my stuff and said...he was not going to worry about the paper work..just get it fixed....and let me go....I knew when that truck pulled into my drive way 2 years ago it was going to happen...I thought for sure he was going to say something about the windshield but never even mentioned it..just told me to lighten up the 2 doors.........

IMG_5274.jpg

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
With side windows like that here, uhh yea.So slick, whatcha do?Chris

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have my windows tinted like 30% and carry install paper with me

how dark were his windows tinted, that what gets me

be careful or they will make you were all the pink clothing

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
lol, Sweet Rig.

How much is a Vision Reducing Materials Ticket in your area? Might be worth pushing it to see if they are tagging you or just bored for the day.

I was a teenage with them kinda windows once

Chris

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
lol, Sweet Rig.

How much is a Vision Reducing Materials Ticket in your area? Might be worth pushing it to see if they are tagging you or just bored for the day.

I was a teenage with them kinda windows once

Chris

A guy I know got hit for the same reason about a month ago....it use to be that they make you take it off and once it has been proven it was removed it was a done deal...now it is a...$145.00 fine....

Notice it was a truck not a car that stopped me......his job is to look out for trucks like mine...very rare you see them stop a car...I was the only truck on that road this morning..and by all rights he had a reason to stop me....He asked me my GVW on my truck...( 14,500 ).......but because I don't have to run DOT numbers..there was not much else he could do....he was pretty cool about it...we are only allowed 35%...his meter was reading 13........so he could of got me good......I told him I bought it in Colorado and it was inspected here when it arrived and no one said anything about it...I have been driving it that way since....( which is the truth..except I had the windshield done )...he told me they should of tag it when it was inspected....He must of been having a good day....which I am glad...I don't look good in pink.........

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
cops around here, at least for me, seem to always let me drive on by if i am not paying attnetion and driving a little too fast. if i am in my car, i get pulled over. but because i'm in a lettered work van they are far more lenient. "give that small business guy a break." --- at least that is what i think they are thinking.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
He asked me my GVW on my truck...( 14,500 ).......but because I don't have to run DOT numbers..there was not much else he could do....he was pretty cool about it....I told him I bought it in Colorado and it was inspected here when it arrived and no one said anything about it...

He was pretty cool. Once that truck crossed state lines it became federally regulated and required to have federal DOT numbers. Anything over 10K lbs crossing state lines requires DOT numbers and is regulated by all federal DOT laws - medical waiver, driver log, weigh stations, agri stations, etc, etc, etc........

Ask me how I know...:errf:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
He was pretty cool. Once that truck crossed state lines it became federally regulated and required to have federal DOT numbers. Anything over 10K lbs crossing state lines requires DOT numbers and is regulated by all federal DOT laws - medical waiver, driver log, weigh stations, agri stations, etc, etc, etc........

Ask me how I know...:errf:

another one of the perks I having living where I do....because I am not delevering things from point A to point B........and I offer a service....we are not required to have the DOT headaches....with AZ plates I can drive it over the state line with no problems...but I cant put it in service..........and I don't have to stop at any weigh stations or any of that kind of stuff.......

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
cops around here, at least for me, seem to always let me drive on by if i am not paying attnetion and driving a little too fast. if i am in my car, i get pulled over. but because i'm in a lettered work van they are far more lenient. "give that small business guy a break." --- at least that is what i think they are thinking.

I have had that happen a few times.....they flash their lights at me....reminding me to slow down....1 I was even doing 15 over:eekk:....hit his lights....then stayed in the spot he was...whew

hogjowl

Idiot™
I got stopped in my V once for pulling out into the left hand lane. Never mind that I had to turn left to get into my office about two blocks down.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Badass looking truck! Too dark for me at night, my night vision isn't what it should be.

We had DOT pull us over a week ago, tire pressure was 10lbs underweight, missing triangle (fooking box but no triangles) and extinguisher (holder was there), warned us we were 3-days from new registration. At least it was just a warning, no ticket! ;)

Name
Nate W.
It's 30% here too... A tint ticket is $287 per window... My friend got hit with a 2k+ ticket for tint... He simply took off his plates, found the same color car and took a pic... Went to court, was dismissed... Then he totaled his car by falling asleep at the wheel...

I'm too old to be getting hassled by the cops now... I know a few big wigs, but I don't name drop...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom