Not real impressed with my new water claw...

mahlonzehr

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? One of my apartment complexes called with a flood this morning. I told him I don't do water damage but I would come do the emergency extraction.

So I whip out my deluxe water claw and go to work.

Before...

View attachment 1535

During... (Stood on it for about 45-60 seconds. Until the water basically quit flowing.)

View attachment 1536

After...

View attachment 1537

Basically it's only extracting around the edges. I'm running a 4mp sutorbilt blower and a 24hp Honda with 4 to door setup and dual inline filters. Plenty of airflow I should think.

Anyone else have this problem Any tricks to this? Basically I'm just having to moving the claw a couple inches at a time in order to extract the water.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're doing all the hard work and giving some one all the gravy.

Get to a basic water class, buy a few pieces of equipment and at least do all the work at your complexes. Not only are you giving away the easiest part of the job but you are opening the door for someone to take your cleaning away from you too. Don't let them in the door, complex's always have water problems from one source or another, it only makes sense you do them!

Able 1

Name
Keith
On small jobs like that I will extract one way(5-6 seconds) then the other way, and finish up with the wand. We also pull the carpet back(in a corner) and stick an airmover under it for 24hrs and haven't had a problem yet. For big flood jobs we pull the pad..

mahlonzehr

Thanks guys. Once I got onto the overlap and shorter pull times it worked out pretty well.

I know I'm leaving money on the table but I'm just not quite ready to take the plunge. Hopefully in a year or so I'll be doing the dry outs as well...

steve g

Name
steve garrett
your not using the water claw correctly. you have to remember that after a certain length of time that the claw starts pulling from edges. you need to move the unit after about 7-10 seconds regardless of the how much water you see going into the claw. keep the claw moving there will still be a tiny bit of water that will come up but thats ok. carpet type and thickness are also factors you need to keep in mind and you need to adjust accordingly.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Once done with your claw, take your carpet wand and go over the top one final time it will extract what ever has risen to the top through capillary action.

You can always rent equipment too, you'll not make as much but it's still more than just extraction rates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom